How many years to get to ur goal lenght?

It took me...

• Less than a year

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • 1 year

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • 2 years

Votes: 72 34.1%
  • 3 years

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • I'm almost there!

Votes: 31 14.7%

• Total voters

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I'm just wondering what is the average amount of time for everyone who got to their utlimate goal lenght?

Did you trim, or just let your hair grow through until it got to ur goal lenght?

For example you started off SL, and your utlimate goal was MBL, how many years did it take, and did you trim you hair in between?

Please state your start lenght, and your utlimate goal lenght that you achieved

Last edited:
I can't vote because it'll take more than 3 years.

At the moment, I think I'd be happy with hip length stretched. That's like 6 years.

Hopefully my hair CAN grow that long. If not, I'd be happy with my terminal length.

Re: How many years to get to your goal length?

I would love to know the answer to this question from the ladies. :grin: Especially by someone who went from collarbone to classic. I am APL and my goal is classic stretched and tailbone natural. I'm guessing with the help of MT I may be able to accomplish this in 2-3 years, 2010. :yep: But I will need to trim off 2 inches first and dust my ends thereafter. :sad:

I just got past BSL. For waist length, I'm guessing a little more than a year.

If Im not at my curly goal (MBL) when I reach the straight goal (WL), I'll keep on going however long that takes...

Ooh, this should be a good thread. My initial thought was five years, but it might take seven. We shall see.

I should reach my final goal length of hipbone by Sept.-Dec. 2009; now, I am on track to reach WL by year-end. I started my hair journey at bottom-of-neck length in July 2006; so it will take roughly 3-1/2 years to ultimate goal, with a few trims in between.

Last edited:
I'm doing my goals in steps. It keeps me motivated I had cut my hair from the length you see in my avitar to old school Halle Berry short. Here were my steps:

Halle Berry Short to bob short (in layers)-5months
Bob Short to Neck length (in layers)- 3-4months
Neck Length to shoulder (in layers)-4months

My next step is to get to full APL probably take 8-10 months

i voted a year but I'm giving myself a 1 1/2 yrs to get to mbl, which I will be satisfied with- i'm apl now... ultimately wl would the bestest:grin:

I just went to from full APL back to SL 9-16-08 =(
However my goal is to be back to APL by 12-31-08 ?

If not then by 6-30-09, I will be back at full APL
12-31-09 Full BSL

12-31-12 MBL final Goal =)!

Oops. I voted but haven't reached my hair goal. I anticipate it taking 3 years for natural BSL stretched. I do my length goals in bit size portions. Right now I'm aiming for 10 inches of natural hair.

It took me 2 years from being not quite APL until where I am now.

RZ~

Wow! Your hair is gorgeous. You are exactly where I want to be. I started at right above armpit as well nearly a year ago. Now I'm grazing brastrap. So hopefully I can be like you and reach my goal in 2 years too!

Firt 2 pics were taken today, last 2 taken Nov 2007

Attachments

• 100_0758.jpg
    100_0758.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0759.jpg
    100_0759.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0010.jpg
    100_0010.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_0011.jpg
    100_0011.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
My ultimate goal length is MBL natural... unstretched.

I just happened to be looking at Cichelle's fotki

• She had a pic from July 2005 when she did big chop where she was about Neck Length
  • I did my big chop in July 2008 and I was about NL (see siggy)
So judging from her progress

• She reach MBL unstretched July 2007 (2 years after big chop)
  • She also went on to grow beyond WL by her 3rd year of being natural, but I am going to stop at MBL
I expect to reach my goal 2 years after my BC July 2010.

I think I could get to MBL straightened/stretched sometime in 2009.

Well...my goal has changed since I started my journey in 2007.

Initially, I wanted a goal of MBL, now I want my hair to reach (straightened/stretched) my natural waist.

It took me about 15 months to go from SL to BSL (March 2007-June 2008)

And about 1.6 seconds to go from BSL to APL (9/13/08)

I have set a goal to get BACK to BSL by the end of the year 2008

MBL by year's end 2009 and my FINAL goal by the end of the first half 2010

Altogether about 3 years and 3 months to get to WL.

Since my mini chop this past weekend, I will dust frequently to keep my ends healthy and keep the breakage at bay.

Wow! Your hair is gorgeous. You are exactly where I want to be. I started at right above armpit as well nearly a year ago. Now I'm grazing brastrap. So hopefully I can be like you and reach my goal in 2 years too!

Thanks! You can do it!!!! If I can, any one can. Stick to what works for you and protect those ends:yep:

RZ~

honestly i am probably at my goal length now or very close. i think my hair naturally likes being between brastrap and midback.

i grew it out to waist 2 years ago and i honestly don't foresee myself letting it happen again. its just a bit too much to try and take care of with the amount of shrinkage and tangles my hair is prone to. who knows i may get all excited and try to grow it out again but i highly doubt it.

since last nov i went from shoulder length to now probably between brastrap and midback length. if anything next spring/summer i will probably get my hair cut or layered depending on how long it gets this winter.

Hmm..well i have like 3 more years to my goal length of butt length..but i might keep growing my hair b/c of personal & cultural reasons.

ETA: and about 6 or 7 more months til Waist length!!!!!! :D

I've been a natural for 6 years. Lawd have I made some big mistakes that resulted in major setbacks. I thought I'd be WSL Dec 08, but now it's looking like Dec 09.:ohwell:

Awww, thank you RZILYNT. Right at my starting length and near my goal. How much trimming did you do?

I didn't trim for a whole year. Then I did every 6 months. Sorry for the delay....trying to finish dinner too. It was more like a dusting... I told my stylist to trim my ends but don't let the scissors touch my hair...She knew exactly what I meant too...LOL

I can't wait to see your progress when you arrive at your goal!

RZ~

Your hair is really growing! Good progress!:yep:

I am just tapped APL and I want MBL hair and I hope to get there within the next 2 yrs. Only giving myself that much time for any setbacks that may occur. I hope to make it by the end of next yr though LOL.

I should reach my final goal length of hipbone by Sept.-Dec. 2009; now, I am on track to reach WL by year-end. I started my hair journey at bottom-of-neck length in July 2006; so it will take roughly 3-1/2 years to ultimate goal, with a few trims in between.

Man I was NL in July of 2006 and when i BC'd in 08 i wasn't even APL yet.:wallbash:. NO TRIMS(@*#&)*@#)!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Considering that I am a TWA and I wanna be BSL unstretched, I have a long way to go :ohwell: (7 years)

I didn't trim for a whole year. Then I did every 6 months. Sorry for the delay....trying to finish dinner too. It was more like a dusting... I told my stylist to trim my ends but don't let the scissors touch my hair...She knew exactly what I meant too...LOL

I can't wait to see your progress when you arrive at your goal!

RZ~

:lachen: Maybe I'll use that line when I go for my trim/dusting in a couple weeks. I want it to be a dusting, but I've been trying to figure out how to describe what I mean without starting an argument. :perplexed

Well ... when I was relaxed, my goal was to grow my hair back to BSL. I was able to grow it from just below shoulder length to BSL in less than a year (11 months to be exact). Then earlier this month, I big chopped because I went natural. Now I'm starting over from scratch.

As a natural, I'm trying to grow 12 inches of hair in order to reach my goal of MBL stretched. Since I know for a fact that my hair grows at least a half an inch per month, that means it will take me two years to reach my goal, provided that I retain all of my ends and avoid any major setbacks.

Back