::::::TALL LADIES 5'10" AND UP::::::

5' 9"-5 10" here and I sooooo feel your pain. I measured once it it would take like 21 inches before I got where I was hoping. I have the big head long back issue too.

WELL FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! I MAY BE THE TALLEST PERSON ON HERE CHECKING IN AT 6'3(NO HEELS).....I FEEL LIKE IT IS GOING TO TAKE ANOTHER YEAR OR SO TO GET TO BSL, BUT THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND REALIZED THAT I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD(GOD WILLING)!!!!! AND WHEN I MAKE IT TO APL, I AM GOING TO BE LIKE KANYE WEST...."CAN'T TELL ME NOTHIN'....LOL.....AT FIRST I DISMISSED TRYING TO GET TO BSL AND WAS AIMING FOR APL, BUT I JUST HAVE TO BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT THAN A SHORTER WOMAN. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING TALL WITH BSL HAIR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I THINK TALL WOMEN WITH LONG HAIR ARE SEXY AND I CAN'T WAIT TO REACH MY GOAL!

What's up Nyreeroberts! I need to know, where do you shop girl? We been trying to figure out where each other shops (especially for pants). What size inseam do you need? I'm 5' 11.5" and your answer would greatly help me expand my clothes choices :yep:

5' 9.5" checking in. I'm a little past APL now and it gives the same "look" as my shorter friends who are at BSL. Height definetely has a lot to do with the appearance of length. 15 inches of hair on a 5 ft person is a lot different from someone who is 6' tall. BUT I do think the journey is worth it becuase the effect of the height+the hair makes it a grand entrance even when your not trying :yep:.

Hows about in a year or two, for us ladies with SL and shorter to catch up with ya'll with longer hair, we all meet up wearing our 3in.heels, and have our hair swangin and hangin, or fro'in and flowin, and go out for a night and be like like "WHAAAAATT!!!"

I can just imagine the beautiful crew of long hairded 6' and more amazons we will be! sweeeeet...

Hows about in a year or two, for us ladies with SL and shorter to catch up with ya'll with longer hair, we all meet up wearing our 3in.heels, and have our hair swangin and hangin, or fro'in and flowin, and go out for a night and be like like "WHAAAAATT!!!"

I can just imagine the beautiful crew of long hairded 6' and more amazons we will be! sweeeeet...

I like that phrase! Represent no matter what your hair's "texture" is!

Subscribing to this thread for sure!!! At a 5' 11.5" it is quite frustrating trying to get to BSL. I feel like I've been stuck at a little past APL for the past 6 months. I'm hoping for BSL by October so I can show off as the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding. :grin:

I like!!! :grin:

WELL FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! I MAY BE THE TALLEST PERSON ON HERE CHECKING IN AT 6'3(NO HEELS).....I FEEL LIKE IT IS GOING TO TAKE ANOTHER YEAR OR SO TO GET TO BSL, BUT THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND REALIZED THAT I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD(GOD WILLING)!!!!! AND WHEN I MAKE IT TO APL, I AM GOING TO BE LIKE KANYE WEST...."CAN'T TELL ME NOTHIN'....LOL.....AT FIRST I DISMISSED TRYING TO GET TO BSL AND WAS AIMING FOR APL, BUT I JUST HAVE TO BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT THAN A SHORTER WOMAN. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING TALL WITH BSL HAIR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I THINK TALL WOMEN WITH LONG HAIR ARE SEXY AND I CAN'T WAIT TO REACH MY GOAL!

Mwedzi, I measured form my "Kitchen"
APL= 13"
BSL= 17"
WL= 23"

That's on my 6'1" body.

Ya'll got me real green over here! I am only 6'0". :sad:

I am a little shy of APL and it seems like it will take FOREVER to get to BSL (my ultimate goal)

OT: This is the first time multi quote has EVA worked for me..yay!

What's up Nyreeroberts! I need to know, where do you shop girl? We been trying to figure out where each other shops (especially for pants). What size inseam do you need? I'm 5' 11.5" and your answer would greatly help me expand my clothes choices :yep:
I love to shop! the easiest way to shop for pants is online. victoriassecret.com, alloy.com, and delias.com all have extra long jeans and work pants. I love those sites.

If you can't wait, Express has extra long pants and so does Wet Seal and Charlotte Russe.

as for shoes, I wear a size 12, I love designershoes.com (they have the biggest assortment of shoes for women with bigger feet). Zappos.com is also good.

I'm not quite there only 5' 9 1/2". I started at about 2" past shoulder, and I'm now past BSL moving close to MBL. It's been 18 months.

Measuring from hairline:

SL = 17"
APL = 21
BSL = 25
WL = 31

I love to shop! the easiest way to shop for pants is online. victoriassecret.com, alloy.com, and delias.com all have extra long jeans and work pants. I love those sites.

If you can't wait, Express has extra long pants and so does Wet Seal and Charlotte Russe.

as for shoes, I wear a size 12, I love designershoes.com (they have the biggest assortment of shoes for women with bigger feet). Zappos.com is also good.

I've always wanted to buy pants from victoriassecret.com but I'm scared to get pants without trying them on first. :sad: ITA with Express. Every pair of jeans I own is from Express and every pair of work pants comes from The Limited. These stores really do cater for us. Ok, you guys can get back to hair now :grin:

well im tall im 5'8 1/2 and I have a long neck but my growth is pretty fast ,but you know what I think its all about how long your neck is and body torso.Every one body proportion is different ,because if I had apl it will look like bsl on somebody else body.

I have never taken height into consideration when I'm tryna see how long it will take for me to reach certain lengths...I might have to change my goal:ohwell:...BTW I'm not really that tall, I'm about 5' 8"-5'9" but it's all about the giraffe neck lol Happy Hair Growing to all my tall ladies!!:grin:

Ladies I am loving this thread!!!!! I'm 5' 9" and the hair and places to shop all the above hits home for me as well. So I'm co-signing and subscribing; with my heels I'm down for the 6 foot amazon night out :cheers::woohoo2::superbanana:

hey I'm another Glamazon checking in.
I'm 5 '10 and I went from APL to Waistlength in about 2.5 years with trims twice a year. I am now transitioning back and cut my hair to 2 or so inches past BSL.

6'0" here with a big head and a long neck! I always knew it would take me longer to get to my goal than other board members because of my height. I am at SL now but I am just really finding out what works for me.

Great thread!

Hi fellow tall sistas, I'm chechking in 5'10.5". My longest layer is a little past sholder length, but I am tranisitioning (still). I started at sholder lenght and have trimmed every two months or so for the past year. I have not measuered out my goals, but I know my height is mostly in my legs (34" inch inseam).
My little sister is 6'0 and she told me that shop by inseam or inseam.com caters to us as well.
Great Thread Miss Norway!:grin:

Good to see so many fellow tallies in here:yep:

Well, I'm still transitioning and seemingly stuck right in between SL and APL, I'm starting to become really impatient but I haven't come this far just to quit so I'm moving along. Hopefully I'll be APL by the end of summer.

I'm one of the (transitioning) six footers on this board and I have a question for all you tall ladies; How long did it take for you to achieve your goal lenght?
I have seen so many women on this board starting at SL and reaching BSL within no time...only to discover that these women are anything between 4'11" and 5'5" which really does no apply to me at all.
I know my hair is definetely growing, I have 3-4" of awsome new growth to prove that and I know I'm retaining lenght because I'm in protective styles 99,9% of the time and I never see broken hairs but it looks like i will never reach APL.

Tall ladies, please share.

I'm 6'.5'' and I started out with a TWA, (less than a half an inch on the sides and lower back, a half in on top) in October of 2006 and reached neck legnth by the same time in 2007. While my goal for now is APL length, I think I made good progress. During the fall semester of '06, I fruit flushed like a ****, exercised, drank nothin' but water, no meat, multi vitamins, and biotin. However, 2007 started a lil ruff, but I got back on track. I also trimmed twice during this time. However, the '08 is lookin' like:nono: for me, but I will do better.

Like the others have said, taking great care of your body and hair will allow your hair to flourish, I promise!:yep:

I am loving this thread!:grin: I get some of my pants from www.newport-news.com . They have some good clearance sales too.:grin:

I am loving this thread!:grin: I get some of my pants from www.newport-news.com . They have some good clearance sales too.:grin:

My aunt used to always give me Newport News catalogs when I was younger rockin my highwater jeans:lachen:...now I see she was trying to nicely get me to buy some pants that fit properly. Are the sleeves extra long too? I always wear bracelets to cover up the inevitable gap of flesh when wearing long sleeved shirts.

:wave: to all the all ladies again!

My aunt used to always give me Newport News catalogs when I was younger rockin my highwater jeans:lachen:...now I see she was trying to nicely get me to buy some pants that fit properly. Are the sleeves extra long too? I always wear bracelets to cover up the inevitable gap of flesh when wearing long sleeved shirts.

:wave: to all the all ladies again!
Yeah i wanna know that too! Sleeves are always too short for me too.

I'm one of the (transitioning) six footers on this board and I have a question for all you tall ladies; How long did it take for you to achieve your goal lenght?
I have seen so many women on this board starting at SL and reaching BSL within no time...only to discover that these women are anything between 4'11" and 5'5" which really does no apply to me at all.
I know my hair is definetely growing, I have 3-4" of awsome new growth to prove that and I know I'm retaining lenght because I'm in protective styles 99,9% of the time and I never see broken hairs but it looks like i will never reach APL.

Tall ladies, please share.

You'll reach it! Just stay focused and remember people average 6 inches a year.

My daughter is 6' 2" and it seems like forever for her hair to look long. When she styles her hair in updo's you can see the girl got alot of hair. I took her braid down last June-ish and some strands were mid back. It took about three years to get her from neck to midback. This was before LHCF when I was doing alot of things wrong. The ends looked horrible because of the braids and styling damage so we cut it even at APL. I will keep cutting every few months until all the damage is gone then I will stop.

Thank you so much EbonyHairedPrincess, I really need the encouragement.
When I first joined the board (lurking) I was so optimistic and thought I'd go from a little below SL to be BSL in a year. Well, that's clearly not the case, i'm not even sure I'll be APL when I have reached one year. I never took in to consideration that being a very tall person the road is obviously longer.

I'm really discouraged, but I'm not givng up. I'm doing all the right things my hair is in great shape and I have made it to week 27 of my transition, so I'm gonna keep on keeping on :yep:

Patience really is a virtue...wish I had more of it lol

5'10 clocking in and I am just at 2 1/2 top, sides and 1/2 in the nape and 1 inch in the back. Yall feel n my pain. Also what about the weight issue. I see so many short women with alot of curves I have to eat 6 times a day and drink protein shakes just to keep my weight straight. (just throwing that in) Beyonce and JaLo butt I just can't get and what happend to Angela Bassett. Is aw her in Meet the Brown's she done found _ _ ss from somewhere. I want one..........:grin:

5'10 clocking in and I am just at 2 1/2 top, sides and 1/2 in the nape and 1 inch in the back. Yall feel n my pain. Also what about the weight issue. I see so many short women with alot of curves I have to eat 6 times a day and drink protein shakes just to keep my weight straight. (just throwing that in) Beyonce and JaLo butt I just can't get and what happend to Angela Bassett. Is aw her in Meet the Brown's she done found _ _ ss from somewhere. I want one..........:grin:

You can get one too! so real looking/feeling, you will get many "yo shawty's" while walking down the street!

41KGDl2BhaYL_AA280_.jpg

........I'm very low in the curve dept. too, shoot we cant all have the Beyonce bootay.

Back