How many years to get to ur goal lenght?

It took me...

• Less than a year

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • 1 year

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • 2 years

Votes: 72 34.1%
  • 3 years

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • I'm almost there!

Votes: 31 14.7%

• Total voters
I'd like to know if anyone has hit their terminal length. Since someone could have a short anagen (growing) phase that lasts only 2-3 years and not get past BSL.

Is there any way to tell before getting there first?

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Funny, before I got on these boards, I would've been happy just getting to APL; but all these ladies with their great hair make me think it just might be possible to reach WL...who knows.

I agree, I actually came here looking for ladies who have reached my goal length. It's been so uplifting to see these ladies and to know that I can do it too. :yep:

:grin: Can you imagine what a WL afro would look like? :drunk:

I'm still not there. I thought I wanted armpit length hair but up to now, nothing. My hair grows at snails pace..I'm still rocking collar bone for about 1 year, I am not giving up, I am just going to continue doing what I'm doing.

Last Sept I was neck length and exactly a year later I'm about one inch shy of BSL :)

I need 7 inches to reach waist length so I believe I can achieve it by October 2009. My real goal is to be MBL curly. I don't plan on growing more than waist length.

I'm doing my goals in steps. It keeps me motivated I had cut my hair from the length you see in my avitar to old school Halle Berry short. Here were my steps:

Halle Berry Short to bob short (in layers)-5months
Bob Short to Neck length (in layers)- 3-4months
Neck Length to shoulder (in layers)-4months

My next step is to get to full APL probably take 8-10 months

I LOVE layers. I really want to grow my hair out in layers, but I'm afraid to go to the stylist to get my hair cut- he/she will chop off all of my progress....

sorry for getting off topic, but this is a great thread. I'm grazing SL (my first goal) and it has only been 3 months of LHCF. I'm giving myself 3 years to reach my ultimate goal of MBL, but I didn't vote on the poll.

Took me about 2 1/2 years to get from SL to past MBL. No trims, was in braids (redone every 5 months) the entire time.

I want as long as I can handle, and I think the longest I could handle would be bottom layer WL. I want my crown at BSL. Either way, that's about 9" more hair, so hopefully 2 years should be good. I got 4" last year even when I wasn't trying, so hopefully I can get 5" a year with some effort.

I want as long as I can handle, and I think the longest I could handle would be bottom layer WL. I want my crown at BSL. Either way, that's about 9" more hair, so hopefully 2 years should be good. I got 4" last year even when I wasn't trying, so hopefully I can get 5" a year with some effort.

My goal length is about BSL (maybe 2 inches below that)

When started here I wanted APL or BSL. APL seemed long. Now I am an inch away and it seems short. I still wont wear my hair out. I won't until it is at least BSL and I can do a braidout that will leave my hair at APL or a little shorter

So I think I have about 2 years to go

About 1.5 years. Before I wanted to be APL. But now I am 1 inch away from that goal and it seems to short.
So now I want to be a little below BSL when stretched...but I also want to be at least SL when unstretched which will take a while.

I am hoping to get to armpit by Christmas day. My goal is waist length. I will be happy there but satisfied if it stopped at MB. I figure I have 2.5 years before I get to MB and a little over a year to get to bra strap. I said two years thinking thats what I need and I guess really it will be 3 years for me to get to WS or longer. my hair grows super slow.

My overall goal is MB. When I reach that I'll probably keep it at BSL for a while. In terms of short term goals though, I'm aiming for APL by Christmas as well.

I loove this thread. it's made me really think of where i am now and where i want to be.

I'm close to BSL now, but my pre LHCF hair is noticeably thinner and very damaged so when i get to BSL I'll trim till most of my ends are even and healthy ....
My goal is very full strong healthy hair at 2inches below BSL.

I'll say 3 years.

i voted less than a year. it maybe just wishful thinking but oh well. i am almost bsl but my goal is mbl. i think i can pull that off.

MMM TERMINAL LENGHT ....MMM TIMELINE....MY LIFE...LOL...SERIOUSLY ID BE SATISFIED WITH HAIR UNDER MY BUTT CHEEKS...YUP I LOVE LOOOOOOOOONG HAIR

It took me 2 years from being not quite APL until where I am now.

RZ~

well in that case..."technically" it should take me 2 years as well.....but im gonna over estimate to three because sometimes my hair grows slow and not to mention a couple of trims here and there....

Im about 3 inches (give or take) away from APL and i want WL.

i guess 2 years but more like a year and a half and i should be good/ easy sailing from there, but in all honesty if it takes longer than that and i'm still 'struggling' with my hair, then i'm probably giving up lol

I started at chin length in Jan. of this year and I hope to be full SL in Dec., so I am going to add another 2-3 years to that in order to reach my goal of MBL or maybe waistlength.

3 years even though i'm close to Bsl i have some heat damage i will have to cut in the future and i'm thinking if i cut my heat damage now how long it would take to get MBL/WL
i'm thinking of cutting the heat damage next year september or in early 2010

I feel like I'm weird. All I've ever wanted was a ponytail. That's it. I feel like that's true SL. I've been grazing SL multiple times in the past 10 years, but never true. Something always happens to set me back: dryness, damage, color, bad cut, bad stylist. Something. This is the first time that I've ever tried to grow my hair out on my own.

When I left my regular stylist in March I was NL. I tried doing things myself and ended up with more damage than anything.

I saw a new stylist in April for a trim and relaxer. She...humiliated me and told me that my hair was terrible. She chopped off an inch for the trim. I couldn't blame her tho. It was bad. I started seeing a new, new stylist for relaxers and trims only starting in June. I see her every 6-8 weeks depending on my NG.

Anyway, its the end of September and I'm still NL (hence the "cold neck"). I started MT and rollersetting so hopefully I'll see grazing SL by 1/09.

I feel like I'm weird. All I've ever wanted was a ponytail. That's it. I feel like that's true SL. I've been grazing SL multiple times in the past 10 years, but never true. Something always happens to set me back: dryness, damage, color, bad cut, bad stylist. Something. This is the first time that I've ever tried to grow my hair out on my own.

When I left my regular stylist in March I was NL. I tried doing things myself and ended up with more damage than anything.

I saw a new stylist in April for a trim and relaxer. She...humiliated me and told me that my hair was terrible. She chopped off an inch for the trim. I couldn't blame her tho. It was bad. I started seeing a new, new stylist for relaxers and trims only starting in June. I see her every 6-8 weeks depending on my NG.

Anyway, its the end of September and I'm still NL (hence the "cold neck"). I started MT and rollersetting so hopefully I'll see grazing SL by 1/09.

aww... i feel your pain! back in high school, i hated how cold my neck got! i didn't touch shoulder length until college; about 2 years ago.

but from your story, it seems to me that one of your greatest setbacks are these stylists you're seeing! from huge 1" trims (and i call them huge, considering your current hair length) to getting touch ups every 6-8 weeks, it seems that if you continue the stylist trend, then you might stay at NL.

what i'd suggest is that if you feel you truly need a stylist, start searching the salon review forum for any good healthy stylists that are in your area.

also... be patient!!! the greatest tool you have to growing long hair is right at your fingertips-- access to a HUGE wealth of healthy hair care information! it seems that (save for the stylists), you're doing all the right things. just keep that up, and before you know it you'll be hitting butt length! :grin:

i'm 4a/b natural and am currently apl. i started growing my hair in aug 07 at shoulder length and it took me a year to get to apl, so i think about another year to get to 1-2 inches past bsl which is my goal length. i anticipate being there by this time next year.

wow...i can't even believe i'm typing this.

yay long hair!

Back