How Comfortable Are You With Your Spouse/SO?

How do people not fart around their SO? What about when you are laughing so hard it just sneaks out? He always makes he laugh so ... well...then we laugh louder.

I am fairly comfortable with DH, but I do not poop in front of him. I have farted in front of him and have peed in front of him (and vice versa). I think even with a successful marriage one should never be completely comfortable.

i have no problems peeing in front of him but i do not like to poop in front of him. however, he likes to open the door, turn the light on (i like to do my business with the light off :look:) and give me the stink face. i don't mind him pooping in front of me but my gawd the stench!

i try my hardest not to pass gas in front of anyone ever BUT i eat a lot of spicy indian food so there goes that.:lol:

eta: using the bathroom in front of him is nbd but i hate that he sees me when my hair isn't done. like, if i'm planning to wear a braid and curl and have rollers in my hair or something. that is sooooo unsexy.

Last edited:
If I don't let my sister or mother see me on the toilet peeing or pooping why would I let my spouse or boyfriend?
We need our own space and private time.
Working on my poots though. :look:

Last edited:
I have no problem with peeing, but I want privacy to poop. We have three bathrooms, why is this man always hunting me down to have a conversation when all I want to do is poop in peace? SMH

He always says, he doesn't care what anything smells like as long as he can identify it. It's those unidentifiable smells that get to him. LOL!

Not that we go out of our way to eliminate in front of each other but I don't see how you live with someone for an extended amount of time without them at least being exposed to a fart every once and a while. I would not want to be with a man who looked at me differently...seems so petty when you think about it.

FH has had to clean up my vomit before so I think we're good in the comfortable department.

I mean, we're comfortable enough to do these types of things around each other, but we don't necessarily jump at the chance to poop in front of one another:lol:. I don't even want to smell my own **** while I'm in the bathroom, so I certainly don't want to smell his :lol:. He'll tease me when he knows I'm in the bathroom though...he'll be outside the door saying "bloop bloop, bloop bloop" (like from Soul Plane lol)

As far as farting, we don't really hold back when it comes to that. This jerk will fart and try to blame it on the kids :lol:, or he'll threaten to fart on me when we're playing around.

How do people not fart around their SO? What about when you are laughing so hard it just sneaks out? He always makes he laugh so ... well...then we laugh louder.

I never farted intentionally around my DH. But apparently I fart in my sleep. Your bodies may be giving you away ladies. :lol: My DH is forever calling folks to talk to him on the toilet, a la John Witherspoon in Friday. :perplexed

I don't do any of that in front of my husband. Poop, fart, use the bathroom with the door open. We just don't do that.:nono:

I never farted intentionally around my DH. But apparently I fart in my sleep. Your bodies may be giving you away ladies. :lol: My DH is forever calling folks to talk to him on the toilet, a la John Witherspoon in Friday. :perplexed

I know I've farted in my sleep, but I can't do anything about that! I woke myself up one time with my trumpeting! I just try to control what happens when I'm conscious.:lol:

I know I've farted in my sleep, but I can't do anything about that! I woke myself up one time with my trumpeting! I just try to control what happens when I'm conscious.:lol:

Lol !!!!! Yeah same here - I won't fart or poop in front of a SO but we all fart in out sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

It's still new..I have no problem peeing infront of him. I was so embarrassed the other morning I was extra gassy and kept farting. They didn't smell and I thought he was asleep... So I kept on tooting. Later that morning he joked on me about my am flatulence lol..but said bc they didn't smell he didn't say anything.

Now pooping...I have to save such grossness for my husband.

Yep! Me and DH have seen each other on the toilet numerous of times (even though we have multiple bathrooms) and joke/hold convos. It's not an everyday thing but maybe a few times a month. Not that big of a deal to us. Been together 5 years, married 3 years.
Sent from my iPhone 5s using LHCF

Last edited:
Heck no! We don't even fart in front of one another on purpose. He has a lot of slips though lol. So doing number two is a no no! I don't want anyone smelling me or me smelling him

Married 13 years and we've done it all around each other. There are no mysteries. We have only one bathroom so we have no choice but to share space, though I prefer privacy when I poop. He doesn't care.

He said that his brother told him "you know a woman loves you when she farts around you". I love him a lot. lol

We are best friends and act like immature teenagers most of the time.

Mystery my arse. That seems silly to me. I hope me and my future husband won't feel like it's a big deal.

Yea I might not do it around my family but I also won't walk around them naked either. I think that's different. I want to be completely comfortable with my husband so if ever, God forbids, we need to take care of each other due to illness or age, it won't be a *thing* to get over after xyz years of marriage.

Now none of that means I'm about to leave the door open while I'm taking care of business or let one rip all willy nilly. But if he needs to hop in the shower really quick while I'm doing it. So be it

I do not poop, fart, or pee in front of him. He does fart all the time(gross lol). Im actually very poop shy and thankfully we have separate bathrooms. if he's in my vicinity and i try to do #2, nothing will come out. seriously...it makes me anxious. Then to make it worse he will keep yelling to ask what im doing and if im okay. you obviously know and are doing this on purpose :x Been together 3 yrs :-/

Eh. Unless my SO is caring for me in sick times or vice versa, I am not using the bathroom in front of him or passing gas around him. Honestly a part of me says the reasoning is for me keeping certain things a "mystery" and the other part is just me feeling uncomfortable doing so. I almost always hold in my gas and let loose when I am in the bathroom or by myself in my bedroom. I have done that since I was a child. Honestly Its really hard for me to do #2 if another person is next to my stall. It happened today :nono: and I just couldn't wait so I flushed constantly.

Slightly veering off topic but... Two guy friends informed me that they did not know girls did #2 :blush:. They found out in 8th, 9th grade, and were quite surprised. Another guy friend said his buddy in middle school wrote an essay explaining that girls were not human because we bleed for over 5 days and do not die :blush: I do believe in blood/moon power even more now :lachen:

I do not poop, fart, or pee in front of him. He does fart all the time(gross lol). Im actually very poop shy and thankfully we have separate bathrooms. if he's in my vicinity and i try to do #2, nothing will come out. seriously...it makes me anxious. Then to make it worse he will keep yelling to ask what im doing and if im okay. you obviously know and are doing this on purpose :x Been together 3 yrs :-/

:lol::lol::lol:
that's messed up that he yells to mess up your poop flow :rofl:.

Eugh I'm currently having an issue with this poo bussines. :ill:

I can pee around him but hell no to poo. Before I used to schedule my poos around my shower so I would run the noisy shower, poo and then jump in. I think I've done this from an early age, when sleeping over friend's places.

Now we live in France and these folk have a tendency on separating the toilet from the tub. When I first saw our condo I loved this, thinking that guests will have no reason to enter our bathroom, and will just need the restroom. What i didn't realize is that I can no longer poo with the shower running! Eugh... this will tub/toilet thing will be top priority next time we move. :lol:

Yea, we poop, pee, and fart in front of each other. His farts are always so loud! Lol and they rarely stink. Mine are silent and deadly :lol:

We were in Target the other day farting on each other and running away...up and down the aisles :lol: we do that sometimes.

Yea, we poop, pee, and fart in front of each other. His farts are always so loud! Lol and they rarely stink. Mine are silent and deadly :lol: We were in Target the other day farting on each other and running away...up and down the aisles :lol: we do that sometimes.

I thought of you when this thread popped up lol

Hey, how do people pee in front of them but not poop? I usually have to do both at the same time and everything just comes out at once :lol:

And what's mysterious about pooing and farting? :lachen:

Hey, how do people pee in front of them but not poop? I usually have to do both at the same time and everything just comes out at once :lol:

And what's mysterious about pooing and farting? :lachen:

so you never go to the loo just to pee??? WTF?:lol::lol::lol:

Back