Honeycomb's daughter's hair

She just pm'd me her regimen since I asked about it. I'm sure she'll post it here too. Here, I'll post it.

But her regime is simple like mine.

Because it's so long, I only wash it really good once every 3 or 4 weeks--no special shampoo and I always use a Suave conditioner. I wash her hair in the braids (it's easier)

She wears it in natural box braids 99% of the time, and I use Giovanni leave-in conditioner as her styling product.

Today I flat-ironed it with jojoba oil (I only flat iron her hair a few times a year.)

That's it!! Protective styling for 12 years has resulted in her length.

She has 4a hair like me, but it's really, really, really thick.

Thank you so much!!! She will be honored that this thread was started about her hair!!

Her regimen is really simple (She doesn't like to get her hair done):

I wash her hair every 3 to 4 weeks (any shampoo and I use a Suave conditioner). Her hair is washed in natural box braids which she wears her hair in 99% of the time.

The picture in my siggy is her hair flat-ironed with Jojoba oil. I only straighten her hair a few times a year--(today was one of those days:grin:).

I've been doing protective styles on her hair since she had enough hair to do (at the time I didn't know what protective styling was). All I knew is that it kept me from doing her hair so often.

Her hair is 4a and it's extremely thick.

She is not into her hair at all--if it's fuzzy in box braids she doesn't care. She doesn't like to wear it down, and I put it in a few braided ponytails after I took the picture.

HTH.

She has pretty hair girl!

She's not into all the hair stuff like my daughter! :lachen: We stay having things in common with these girls :lachen:

she just got to chopping it all off one day recently :thud:

she dont one bit care either that it was to her waist

She has pretty hair girl!

She's not into all the hair stuff like my daughter! :lachen: We stay having things in common with these girls :lachen:

she just got to chopping it all off one day recently :thud:

she dont one bit care either that it was to her waist

Oh, I have no doubt that she'll cut her hair soon after she has to start taking care of it herself. It's a lot of work and she doesn't enjoy the long hair sessions we have every month anyway :lol:

Oh, I have no doubt that she'll cut her hair soon after she has to start taking care of it herself. It's a lot of work and she doesn't enjoy the long hair sessions we have every month anyway :lol:
Thats what my daughter said......

with exasperation, 'Mom I dont care about long hair like you do, its easier to take care of this way'

gulp

okay

its her hair

I just have years vested in it

but ok

breathe!

lol

Thats what my daughter said......

with exasperation, 'Mom I dont care about long hair like you do, its easier to take care of this way'

gulp

okay

its her hair

I just have years vested in it

but ok

breathe!

lol

The bolded is really hard to take, because of the time and effort it's taken to take care of it. But, I've accepted that it is her hair and she has the right to do whatever she wants to when she gets older.

But honestly, I would like her to deal with it herself for at least 10 years before she throws in the towel and cut.

I know you are right. As a young teen, I didnt care so much about keeping my hair long until after I got it cut the first time. As it grew out, I grew a new appreciate and love for my hair. But I still dont want her to do it!! Lovely tresses!

Man! This is a perfect example of the effectiveness of keepin' it simple. I have observed a pattern....the simpler the regimen, the healthier (and typically longer) the hair. Isn't that amazing? She has beautiful hair.

GORGEOUS!!!:thud: OT: But she's only 12 and shaped like that?????:thud: You and DH must be having daily heart attacks:lachen: Long hair, curvy body.....dang I wish I had ya'll's genes:drool:

Man! This is a perfect example of the effectiveness of keepin' it simple. I have observed a pattern....the simpler the regimen, the healthier (and typically longer) the hair. Isn't that amazing? She has beautiful hair.

Simplicity is the best way, "our" hair thrives off of minimal manipulation, minimal products. I didn't realize this until I got older. When I was younger I couldn't understand why my hair didn't grow past shoulder length. I was hot-curling it daily and hot-combing (and scorching) my hair regularly:nono:.

Now I don't know if my hair could ever by my DD's length--but I was able to grow it to BSL in a few years before I cut it last year, and that was the longest my hair had ever been.

GORGEOUS!!!:thud: OT: But she's only 12 and shaped like that?????:thud: You and DH must be having daily heart attacks:lachen: Long hair, curvy body.....dang I wish I had ya'll's genes:drool:

Yes, she's 12 and has the body of a woman, it's scary--We don't let her out of our sight, you hear me???!!?? Esp. with some men being the way they are:nono:, and not caring about how old a girl is. DH would murder someone, seriously.

Right now, she doesn't like boys, she likes her school books. I hope that lasts until she's 25 :lol:

Do a lot of little girls get mad at her about her hair?

That's a good question laurend, but actually no. She's never told me of anyone at school hating her hair. Most of the girls will ask her if it's all hers, or they will touch it, and tell her "Wow, you got some long hair".

I think the reason for this is because she doesn't flaunt her hair. I don't think any girls see her as a threat, and she's a quiet girl who minds her own business.

If anyone feels hatred towards her because of her hair, I don't think she knows it. And that is one of the reasons I keep her hair simple and age appropriate--nothing over the top, and she never wears it down at school, not even on picture day.

Back