Honeycomb's daughter's hair

That's a wonderful head of hair. How long is it when it's braided? I would love to see pics.

That's a wonderful head of hair. How long is it when it's braided? I would love to see pics.

You mean when it's in it's natural state braided?

It's mid back length--I don't have any pics of the box braids, but the next time I do her hair in that style I'll post a picture.

I third the motion to see her hair in its shrunken braided glory:yep:

Her hair is stunning and gorgeous, outstanding job mama:clapping:

I can't WAIT to have MBL braids/twists, thats my dream:infatuated:

Last edited:
No, I don't, sorry, she hates taking pictures, and I don't have any backshots either. The next time I do her natural box braids I will post them.
bahahaha I can relate

my daughter never was having it! pics?! pshh that was always a fight LOL

Your doing so good mama! I like everything you say about her and her hair and what you do with it. yay!

Yes, she's 12 and has the body of a woman, it's scary--We don't let her out of our sight, you hear me???!!?? Esp. with some men being the way they are:nono:, and not caring about how old a girl is. DH would murder someone, seriously.

Right now, she doesn't like boys, she likes her school books. I hope that lasts until she's 25 :lol:

Please tell me that the picture I'm seeing is NOT the body of a 12 yr old child :perplexed Good Lord! Lock her up now!!!!

She has beautiful hair just like her momma :yep:

bahahaha I can relate

my daughter never was having it! pics?! pshh that was always a fight LOL

Your doing so good mama! I like everything you say about her and her hair and what you do with it. yay!

Is your daughter the same age and does she have drama at school about her hair?

Please tell me that the picture I'm seeing is NOT the body of a 12 yr old child :perplexed Good Lord! Lock her up now!!!!

She has beautiful hair just like her momma :yep:

Girl yes. DD is a big man, and the woman on his side of the family are very volumptuous. She started developing at 8, so I've been dealing with this for a few years now.

Is your daughter the same age and does she have drama at school about her hair?
no she is older

honeycomb , dont you have an older daughter tho? closer to my daughter's age?

yes we went through all that, relaxer pressure from the other girls, to wear it loose , etc, her feeling bad about being natural because of it and the limitations she had, i had the same attitude as honeycomb and kept her hair age appropriate and kept on the low low for how beautiful it really was for school, she was supposed to be focused on school N E way, She got over it quickly, till this day she stays on the 'modest' side about her hair and now isnt too much into her hair because of it

She did eventually give in and relax at around 16 (almost 17) and hated it , we were transitioning her, but one day she just chopped it off, she is shoulder in the front and THICK apl in the back now. and all natural again .....yay

but she doesnt care about her length, but thats neither here nor there, she is all natural now and its all healthy so the length is coming whether she likes it or not:yep:

I dont think she will keep cutting tho

Thanks for sharing, Honeycomb. I'm 4a/4b. Your daughter's regimen makes me think that washing less often might just work for me. I cut down from every week to every two weeks. My hair does better this way.

Do you try to obtain a moisture/protein balance with your daughter's hair?

My stepdaughters and youngest daughter have tailbone length hair and all three of them tell me that the second they are 18 they're chopping off their hair LOL Like I'll care then! I say whatever, in the meantime nobody goes near the scissors

Irresistible, I think they all go thru a phase where they have to rebel. My oldest daughter had tailbone length hair for years and then she started to experiment with dyes (no relaxers ever) and letting her FRIENDS cut her hair. Yes her friends. Now her hair is MBL and back to normal. I think they rebel because they have no idea why we fuss so much about their hair.

no she is older

honeycomb , dont you have an older daughter tho? closer to my daughter's age?

yes we went through all that, relaxer pressure from the other girls, to wear it loose , etc, her feeling bad about being natural because of it and the limitations she had, i had the same attitude as honeycomb and kept her hair age appropriate and kept on the low low for how beautiful it really was for school, she was supposed to be focused on school N E way, She got over it quickly, till this day she stays on the 'modest' side about her hair and now isnt too much into her hair because of it

She did eventually give in and relax at around 16 (almost 17) and hated it , we were transitioning her, but one day she just chopped it off, she is shoulder in the front and THICK apl in the back now. and all natural again .....yay

but she doesnt care about her length, but thats neither here nor there, she is all natural now and its all healthy so the length is coming whether she likes it or not:yep:

I dont think she will keep cutting tho

Yes, she's 20 her hair is about MBL, but she like to flat-iron often, and she's just starting to take care of her own hair, so it's a learning process, and she's lost some length in the process, but if she pays attention to my advice:rolleyes:, she'll be okay :lol:

My stepdaughters and youngest daughter have tailbone length hair and all three of them tell me that the second they are 18 they're chopping off their hair LOL Like I'll care then! I say whatever, in the meantime nobody goes near the scissors

Irresistible, I think they all go thru a phase where they have to rebel. My oldest daughter had tailbone length hair for years and then she started to experiment with dyes (no relaxers ever) and letting her FRIENDS cut her hair. Yes her friends. Now her hair is MBL and back to normal. I think they rebel because they have no idea why we fuss so much about their hair.
Exactly girl

I knew it was coming. I try not to put too much on it, cause I know she's gonna come back around. I think she likes to control whatever she wants to now cause she can and watch me sweat a little.....haha......I try not to show it too much

I know how this goes........soon as I dont care, she will again:wallbash:

Thanks for sharing, Honeycomb. I'm 4a/4b. Your daughter's regimen makes me think that washing less often might just work for me. I cut down from every week to every two weeks. My hair does better this way.

Do you try to obtain a moisture/protein balance with your daughter's hair?

No, honey, I don't do any of that :lol: I am very simple when it comes to hair, I just make sure it's washed, clean, and braided :lol:

Yes, she's 20 her hair is about MBL, but she like to flat-iron often, and she's just starting to take care of her own hair, so it's a learning process, and she's lost some length in the process, but if she pays attention to my advice:rolleyes:, she'll be okay :lol:
:lachen::lachen: its gonna be in one ear and out the other for a while:wallbash:

purposely! LOL

Same age as my "baby"
She didn't listen to me for years. Now she reads labels on conditioner bottles, asks me to order shea butter for her, makes me rollerset her hair and stays away from the flatiron.. she is also taking very good care of her daughter's hair (the baby is 18 months now)

Same age as my "baby"
She didn't listen to me for years. Now she reads labels on conditioner bottles, asks me to order shea butter for her, makes me rollerset her hair and stays away from the flatiron.. she is also taking very good care of her daughter's hair (the baby is 18 months now)
Ahhhhhh

sweet! gives me hope! hehehe

Soo do you ever do DC's, protein treatments or clarify her hair?
If not, I like the sound of that and wonder if my hair would go for it. :think:
Do you use a leave-in on wash day or seal with the jojoba? And what is her "daily" moisturizer?

I'd like to learn to keep it as simple as possible.

I'm beginning to get it, less and I mean the minimum for natural hair is the best.

Last edited:
I'm being to get it, less and I mean the minimum for natural hair is the best.

That's exactly what I said to Honeycomb in a pm. All the naturals (type 4's) I see with really great progress generally wear their hair in twists or braids 99% of the time and stick with the basics (wash, condition, moisturize).

It's definitely given me a new perspective.

That's exactly what I said to Honeycomb in a pm. All the naturals (type 4's) I see with really great progress generally wear their hair in twists or braids 99% of the time and stick with the basics (wash, condition, moisturize).

It's definitely given me a new perspective.
of course this would apply to 3's also

Back