Mother Texlax, Blow Dries, Flat Irons DD's GORGEOUS hair!

I wonder how many people see hair videos on Youtube and decide they want to do their own without knowing that there are hair boards and hair semi-experts that may potentially be all over their videos holding them to standards they didn't even know exist.

Kinda off topic and I am not trying to cast any sort of judgment it is just something that came to mind while watching the other daughter's videos.

I wonder how someone who didn't know a relaxer was a relaxer can properly take care of relaxed hair. Looking at the mother and daughter's bobs, imo, suggests to me that they may not know how to take care of relaxed hair and since I do feel some way about criticizing her about it and not adding positivity to the situation, I am going to share some relaxed head tips with her.

Off to see if there are any videos introducing people to hair boards and the world of black hair online...

Yeah they house may not be perfect But people did not notice the filthy house with the stupid chick beating her child and calling her Biotches combing her head like she is shearing sheep. Anyway I am not a advocate of putting chemicals in their children's hair. But hey the mother seems to take a lot of time and effort into keeping her kids well groomed. I commend her for that. Her housekeeping may be another issue another time. But hey I did not see roaches kickboxing posing and vogueing for the camera so okay. Her child seems to be happy, adjusted and cute and not crying like she is being murdered like Lauren from 2 Weeks ago because of her stupid mother. Someone needs to send her mother this video.

Man I was tired looking at that because my DD's hair is a Thick curly mane of hair and boy Some days. Now I understand and appreciate my mother even more.

Guess what THIS little girl will probably never ever need LHCF because her mother knows what to do with her hair and I am sure she is going to teach her the same thing. Obviously her mother was taking great care of her hair from the get go. That is why she has a lot of hair to begin with. Cause I am sure a lot of your COULD have had hair like this but some people's mothers did not know what to do. Neither did some of y'all. 10z to 1a negative okay. Hence the trial and error of coming here and learning new techiques for better hair care.

Hell she may be a lurker. But her child won't have to be. And now that you know what to do your daughters won't have these issues too. Isn't it great to break the cycle.

Boy but I bet she does or will have some hatin arse girl in her class with a Chicken head mama who don't know how to take care of her girls hair coming to school hating on this girl because her mother does. But too prideful to ask the mama what she does.

Last edited:
That little girl's hair is gorgeous! I truly wonder if her mother didn't know she was using chemicals. The title of the clip has the word "texturizer" in it. I assume that everyone who knows enough to use a texturizer knows that it's just a weak relaxer.

As for her tub...my opinion is such: If it comes down to an either/or situation (immaculate house or immaculate children), it seems to me like she made the right decision. I know a few people who simply cannot handle both.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

To the bolded - Then they don't need to be parents. Kids DESERVE to live in a mold/mildew free home.

Her house does not need to be immaculate, but it should be clean and mildew free, IMO. I guess everybody has different standards when it comes to a healthy clean living environment.

To the bolded - Then they don't need to be parents. Kids DESERVE to live in a mold/mildew free home.

Her house does not need to be immaculate, but it should be clean and mildew free, IMO. I guess everybody has different standards when it comes to a healthy clean living environment.

I completely agree with you about a mold and mildew-free home being a preferable environment in which to raise children. I HATE mold and mildew with a passion.

But jeepers...to say someone doesn't deserve to be a parent because of it? Even when the child(ren) in question seem to happy, healthy, and well-taken care of? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I give the mom props for using Aphogee products on her daughter's hair. They are really strengthening and protecting :yep:.

Right!!!!! If she wants to live that way, who am I to judge? I just take notice and keep it moving! Unless I am in a position to help or the child is in SERIOUS danger, I don't say anything. Saying something without being in a position to help is just GOSSIP.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, that looks like a recipe for that child's hair to be up to her shoulders in a couple of years. It looks pretty, just like a dominican blowout looks pretty...months later? [:eek:] It will take a few years, but I think that regimen is going to wreck that little girls' hair. It certainly would wreck mine. But hey, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum...

Yes, you should say nothing at all unless you are there to help. Remember what your mama said about "can't say anything nice ..."

We are all grown ups now. To simply make a comment on something isn't wrong.

What does one expect on an online DISCUSSION forum? :giggle:

Allow me to make myself clear. I get that her tub is nasty. I was appalled as well and I get the need for people to want to make comments.

I just didn't get needing to start whole new thread about it

Great. I also said that it's nasty, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it. :)

Right!!!!! If she wants to live that way, who am I to judge? I just take notice and keep it moving! Unless I am in a position to help or the child is in SERIOUS danger, I don't say anything. Saying something without being in a position to help is just GOSSIP.

Yeah. So every single thing you say is said with the intent to help someone else?

Sounds good on paper, but no one really does that.

I never thought that this should be a big deal... I don't think it's on the level of child abuse. It's just nasty. but I know a lot of people live like that. It's still just not cool... or healthy. That's all.

I thought a texturizer was to make your hair curl (adding texture) and a relaxer was to make your hair straight (relaxing texture). The little girl hair is pretty. My mom let me get a relaxer when I was 10. It was after much begging. She maintained my hair at a healthy relaxed WL for years. It's only when I started doing my own hair that the problems happened.

THAT WOMAN'S TUB IS NOT THE POINT. :ohwell:

We all know how you feel about it now, so keep it moving.

sitting here about to debate the existence of tile grout...

I agree with you--she is not the landlord and on the East Coast, a lot of the apartments are like that because the buildings in large cities are old as hell. Even if she complained, the landlord will do nothing about it.

Last edited:
Yes, you should say nothing at all unless you are there to help. Remember what your mama said about "can't say anything nice ..."

This is should be expected here--The blog post clearly says "Mother Texlax, Blow Dries, Flat Irons DD's Gorgeous Hair"; however, some people have problems commenting within the parameters--the tub, etc is not affecting the girl's hair which is stunning. Shoot, I wish I had my hair looking like that--she needs to give me some.

Overall, the mother was dressed and her clothes were clean and little's girl--so I don't know what the issue is. Apparently, people need to write her landlord about his neglect of the building.

Negative/So-Called "Truthful" Comments: I think that is their nice way of saying the girls hair is too nice for me to make a nice comment.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah when I did my stint in NY Comet. Bleach and Pine Sol were my best friends but there was a spot in the bathroom that even a blow torch could not remove the mess.

I don't think this mothers does this to her child's hair reguarly maybe just for special occasions the other times I think it is plaited that looks like a special ocasion doo. Cause that takes too long I would do that to my DD hair only on special occasions.

Yeah when I did my stint in NY Comet. Bleach and Pine Sol were my best friends but there was a spot in the bathroom that even a blow torch could not remove the mess.

I don't think this mothers does this to her child's hair reguarly maybe just for special occasions the other times I think it is plaited that looks like a special ocasion doo. Cause that takes too long I would do that to my DD hair only on special occasions.

Bingo! The baby even asked, "Will this look like it did for my gradution?"

I can't imagine Mom does all that on a regular basis (blowdry and flatiron). The baby's hair most likely wouldn't be anywhere near as beautiful.

This is should be expected here--The blog post clearly says "Mother Texlax, Blow Dries, Flat Irons DD's Gorgeous Hair"; however, some people have problems commenting within the parameters--the tub, etc is not affecting the girl's hair which is stunning. Shoot, I wish I had my hair looking like that--she needs to give me some.

Overall, the mother was dressed and her clothes were clean and little's girl--so I don't know what the issue is. Apparently, people need to write her landlord about his neglect of the building.

Negative/So-Called "Truthful" Comments: I think that is their nice way of saying the girls hair is too nice for me to make a nice comment.:rolleyes:

Can't speak for anyone else, but that doesn't apply to me :)

I even said that even though her hair is texlaxed now, it looked like the mom took great care of it before and she probably would have no problems with the chemically treated hair. :)

I haven't seen anyone say that the girl doesn't have a great head of hair... maybe they did and I didn't catch it.

Can't speak for anyone else, but that doesn't apply to me :)

I even said that even though her hair is texlaxed now, it looked like the mom took great care of it before and she probably would have no problems with the chemically treated hair. :)

I haven't seen anyone say that the girl doesn't have a great head of hair... maybe they did and I didn't catch it.

I am not into pointing fingers. I am simply stating some observations--that's all I am doing from reading the thread. I am not trying to inflict any kinda e-beatdown or e-argument because it is all about the parameters, babe.:cheers:

It is not about me but about the little girl.

Last edited:
i'm dropping all kinds of f bombs with you. Child, pls

My pad is cleaned professionally. :massmoon:

I agree with Happily Me. Just because we can sympathize does not mean that our houses are filthy. (I have a housekeeper EVERY WEEK, as well).

Again, what good will come out of mentioning how filthy her house is if you can not help??!! It may have been better to PRIVATELY send her a note if it bothered you that much.

Someone please explain to me how just TALKING about this lady's tub makes anything better?
*stops scrubbing tub and gives you both the side eye*

Yeah, i'm jealous, I went there:lachen::lachen:

Back on topic,

That girl had the sweetest disposition. How adorable she was.

Her hair is pretty but if I had a daughter with this hair texture, I wouldn't use a blow dryer for her hair. Seems like too much manipulation and heat IMO.

It is pretty. Though I am not a fan of relaxers on kids. I wonder if she could have just flat ironed it to get the same effect (it may have been a little thicker in texture and of course, it would eventually revert).

I also wonder why we assume that mom understands good hair care practices when she didn't even know that a "softener" is a relaxer.

Pretty hair doesn't always = healthy hair. JMHO, that is all.

It is pretty. Though I am not a fan of relaxers on kids. I wonder if she could have just flat ironed it to get the same effect (it may have been a little thicker in texture and of course, it would eventually revert).

I also wonder why we assume that mom understands good hair care practices when she didn't even know that a "softener" is a relaxer.

Pretty hair doesn't always = healthy hair. JMHO, that is all.

That's what I did to my DD hair tonight, flat ironed it for the same affect. She loved it and was just swinging it - her hair goes almost to her butt...I told her she had more hair than head...LOL......she wanted me to wrap it for the night so I did.

Beautiful!!!!!

Looking at that video I can confirm that this is not the answer for my daughters hair. She is around the same age as that little one and would never tolerate all that :lachen:

The average person doesn't use Aphogee, so to me, her mother has done some research and is well equipped to care for this childs hair, and she'll likely make needed adjustments if the textlaxer goes south.

And nevermind about the tub! I agree w/ Almaz that the woman's house is likely not dirty. If you look at her actual TUB it's not dirty, and if she was nasty that would be the evidence. The darkness on the walls could be caused by a host of things that she has no control over. It does not have to be mildew and it likely is not dirt.

The rest of her home looked fine...and so did the inside part of her tub. No dirt around the drain or anything. AND she seemed decent to me - decent enough not to want to wash her child's head that close to "Dirt and Mildew."

Last edited:
I thought a texturizer was to make your hair curl (adding texture) and a relaxer was to make your hair straight (relaxing texture). The little girl hair is pretty. My mom let me get a relaxer when I was 10. It was after much begging. She maintained my hair at a healthy relaxed WL for years. It's only when I started doing my own hair that the problems happened.

That's actually not true. A texturizer cannot create a curl. Texturizers generally have the same chemicals as relaxers, they're just milder. They relax your hair, but not bone straight, so that your curls are loosened. But if you didn't have any curls to begin with, it can't create any or "add texture". If you leave a texturizer in long enough or if your hair is more sensitive to chemicals, you will still end up with straight hair.

All these chemicals are the same and do the same thing (straighten hair) in different degrees. Relaxer=softener=texturizer=silkener.

Back