Honeycomb's daughter's hair

Great thread ladies.
I'm onto a new way of doing things - keeping it as simple as I did years ago.

Soo do you ever do DC's, protein treatments or clarify her hair?
If not, I like the sound of that and wonder if my hair would go for it. :think:
Do you use a leave-in on wash day or seal with the jojoba? And what is her "daily" moisturizer?

I'd like to learn to keep it as simple as possible.

Never do DC's (not even on my own hair), no protein treatments, nor do I have to clarify because the products I use for her hair wash out easily.

On wash day I do use a little Giovanni Leave in on each section before I braid it, other than that, I don't put anything else on it.

The jojoba oil was only used to flat-iron her hair. Jojoba oil is great for the hair, esp. flat-ironing, it gets the hair really silky and it doesn't leave it greasy--great shine.

As far as a daily moisturizer--I don't do that either.

I told yall, I keep it really, really simply :lol:

What a gorgeous head of hair she has. I also would love to know what flat iron you used. Her hair is blinging!:spinning: I also had long hair as a child. Not as long as hers, but I'd love to make it to BSL. Anything longer than that and I'm in trouble.:lachen:

Her hair is stunning! I'm getting ideas now. HoneyComb, does your daughter's hair ever become brittle or dry with you washing it every 3-4 weeks and not using a daily moisturizer?

Her hair is stunning! I'm getting ideas now. HoneyComb, does your daughter's hair ever become brittle or dry with you washing it every 3-4 weeks and not using a daily moisturizer?

Her hair is not brittle at all--actually, it's really soft. I believe that comes from not putting a lot of stuff on it. I use very little products on her hair when I do use it. Others have commented on the softness of her hair. You'd think that it would be brittle but it's not.

Awe inspiring - and all the more so since the regimen is simple:yep::yep::yep:

Baby girl would get major stink eye in some neighborhoods for sporting all that hair!!!

Wow. I can't wait for my dd's to have such long hair...wait - yes I can! LOL

It's nice to hear how simple you keep it though. I'm doing twists and puffs and keeping hair moisturized. I can't do much else.

DD is loving this thread--she can't believe it was made because of her hair. I showed her some of the comments and she is grinning from ear-to-ear.

Thanks ladies!!

It's nice to hear how simple you keep it though. I'm doing twists and puffs and keeping hair moisturized. I can't do much else.

:lachen:It's funny because when I was younger, I would dream that if I had daughters they would have long flowing hair--be careful what you wish for, you might just get it:lachen:.

If only I can finally get to the point where I don't mind wearing my hair in braids the majority of the time, and stop fussing so much, then I can get my grow on. Your daughters hair looks beautiful!

Bravo, mom! You are doing an excellent job with her hair, and I LOVE the simplicity of your regimen. Your daughter's hair is absolutely stunning!

Beautiful hair & I love the very simple regimen. I also love that she could care less & oblivious how beautiful her hair is.

I have to share all my products with my girls... trust me you'll WANT to wait :grin:

Beautiful hair.
You wouldn't be able to tell my 12 year old DD nothing if her hair was that long. She is a PJ like her mom.

Great Job Mom! I recently gave birth to our fourth child, our 3rd girl. When I found out we were having another girl, I was like " I may have to shave my head because I am not going to be able to keep up with all this hair!

My kids are 6, 4, 2, and 4 weeks and my 6yr olds hair is 4a and almost waistlength and my 2yr old is 4a and armpit!

I felt guilty because I dont do anything special other than 24/7 protective styling.

I feel encouraged that the simple regimine you have for your daughter has resulted in all that pretty hair!

I pray that simple will also continue to work for my daughter's because we just dont have time for anything else.

Keep up the good work.

Congrats on doing a fabulous job with your daughter's hair! You must be so proud of your hard work, however simple. Dealing with that much hair is still hard work, although you're being modest. Bravo, mommy!

Honeycomb, you are doing a wonderful job with your daughter's hair. Not only is it long, but it looks well maintained! Her hair is very beautiful! :)

That's exactly what I said to Honeycomb in a pm. All the naturals (type 4's) I see with really great progress generally wear their hair in twists or braids 99% of the time and stick with the basics (wash, condition, moisturize).

It's definitely given me a new perspective.
That's what my sister and I realized a while ago. When she was 11 or 12 she asked to stop getting relaxers and wear her hair in cornrows all the time, and once she hit 13 we switched it up to kinky twists/box braids, which are better since that means I am only redoing/detangling her hair once every 6-8 weeks. She'll wash them every week or two and moisturize, then leave her hair alone till the next wash day. She's 14 and on her way to BSL now. This simple approach is definitely best for her...and applicable to me too, but I tend to do it more in the colder months.

Honeycomb, her hair is gorgeous...and I'm glad you showed this thread to her! Maybe we just bought her a few more years of resisting the urge to cut it off! :rofl:

Back