Mother Texlax, Blow Dries, Flat Irons DD's GORGEOUS hair!

That little girl has beautiful hair and her mom takes good care of it, but that bathtub:barf:
She could have cleaned it before taking the video:ohwell:

I am just surprised that y'all are more concerned about that than that she did that to an 8 year old's hair. Children shouldn't have their hair permed until 13 at least.

I assume that they live in New York and when you live in old apartment buildings, sometimes it is like that. She could probably scrub all day and it would look the same. We have no idea what their financial condition is.

I am just surprised that y'all are more concerned about that than that she did that to an 8 year old's hair. Children shouldn't have their hair permed until 13 at least.

I assume that they live in New York and when you live in old apartment buildings, sometimes it is like that. She could probably scrub all day and it would look the same. We have no idea what their financial condition is.

There are several people who are concerned with her putting a relaxer in the child's hair. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure her mother will be able to maintain it, look at how lovely her hair was prior to the relaxer...

Last edited:
Many people, even members here relax their children's hair. As long as the child's hair and scalp are well taken care of... I have nothing to say. That's not my baby.

Now... if she was toddler age it would be different.

It's unfortunate that this mom in particular didn't know though. :/

I honestly believe that anyone who is offended or up in arms about me or anyone else commenting on the lady's tub, it's because they can empathize as their bathtub is just as filthy.
As far as I'm concerned hair can grow back, but living in a house like that is setting a horrible example for your children, not to mention the health ramifications of being exposed to mold or mildew like that.
*leaving thread*

She still has beautiful hair though...

i just think it's juvenille.

to each her own...

People saw something nasty. Most people just pointed it out. Almost no one was getting too crazy.

You're not supposed to say anything at all? :perplexed

Sometimes people do go too far here on lhcf (ever seen an ateya thread?:lol:). However, this is not one of those things. The response is reasonable/expected imo.

I honestly believe that anyone who is offended or up in arms about me or anyone else commenting on the lady's tub, it's because they can empathize as their bathtub is just as filthy.
As far as I'm concerned hair can grow back, but living in a house like that is setting a horrible example for your children, not to mention the health ramifications of being exposed to mold or mildew like that.
*leaving thread*

She still has beautiful hair though...

i'm dropping all kinds of f bombs with you. Child, pls

My pad is cleaned professionally. :massmoon:

I promised that I wouldn't comment any further on that tub. But come on, we handled that lady's tub issue with kid gloves. Put that over in off topic and see what you get.

At any rate this lady posted a video on the internet for the world to see. In doing so she should be mindful of how she presents herself and her home to the world.

She looks like she keeps herself up (along with her children). Why not do the same with your home. Just doesn't make sense to me. Major pet peeve for me.

That bathroom is disgusting, there's no way around it. Perhaps if she sees this she'll be prompted to do something about it.

This is where any mention of her tub should be placed:

In the Off Topic forum.

People saw something nasty. Most people just pointed it out. Almost no one was getting too crazy.

You're not supposed to say anything at all?
:perplexed

Sometimes people do go too far here on lhcf (ever seen an ateya thread?:lol:). However, this is not one of those things. The response is reasonable/expected imo.
Yes, you should say nothing at all unless you are there to help. Remember what your mama said about "can't say anything nice ..."

Last edited:

You're not supposed to say anything at all? :perplexed

Allow me to make myself clear. I get that her tub is nasty. I was appalled as well and I get the need for people to want to make comments.

I just didn't get needing to start whole new thread about it

Last edited:
i'm dropping all kinds of f bombs with you. Child, pls

My pad is cleaned professionally. :massmoon:

I agree with Happily Me. Just because we can sympathize does not mean that our houses are filthy. (I have a housekeeper EVERY WEEK, as well).

Again, what good will come out of mentioning how filthy her house is if you can not help??!! It may have been better to PRIVATELY send her a note if it bothered you that much.

Someone please explain to me how just TALKING about this lady's tub makes anything better?

I guess when someone puts parts of their life out there for the whole world to see, they are bound to get all sorts of reactions.

Bottom line is, the little girl has beautiful hair, Natural or not
and that tub is not something anyone would see in MY house. If they are all healthy and are comfortable living like that and don't have a problem publishing it...then its all good!

I agree with Happily Me. Just because we can sympathize does not mean that our houses are filthy. (I have a housekeeper EVERY WEEK, as well).

Again, what good will come out of mentioning how filthy her house is if you can not help??!! It may have been better to PRIVATELY send her a note if it bothered you that much.

Someone please explain to me how just TALKING about this lady's tub makes anything better?

And, what good is commenting on what she puts in her childs hair if... For that matter, whats the use of commenting on anything we see on this forum, if thats the case.

Please. We all have opinions and this is an open forum to which we all paid our money to post. I don't expect everyone to like or agree with what I say and vice versa.

And its shocking to me that people are more up in arms about a Just for Me perm than the state of disarray in that woman's home. Baffling almost.

But hey, such is life.

The little girl is precious. Her hair is beautiful and although I don't agree with relaxing a child's hair until they're old enough to take care of it themselves, its good to see that her mom can at least help her until she's ready.

I'm DYING at the tub comments. I'm sorry and I don't mean to laugh because it does seem a bit mean, but I'm holding my mouth and slapping my knee LMAO! :lachen:

I agree with you. Speaking for myself, my own comments do not make anything better, but I think it is kinda human nature to comment on things like that. It was hard not to notice and it kind of took the attention away from the real point of the video.
I don't think it is ok to be mean about it or to solicit more negativity, but for me personally it was hard to not notice.
I cannot bash her for it, I don't know her circumstances, but I do know that the tub was distracting.

They're cute!!!!
The daughter's hair length is my goal. That's exactly what mine will look like blowdried. Her wet texture not so much ;)

That little girl's hair is gorgeous! I truly wonder if her mother didn't know she was using chemicals. The title of the clip has the word "texturizer" in it. I assume that everyone who knows enough to use a texturizer knows that it's just a weak relaxer.

As for her tub...my opinion is such: If it comes down to an either/or situation (immaculate house or immaculate children), it seems to me like she made the right decision. I know a few people who simply cannot handle both.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

The mother had no idea it was a chemical. She thought JFM was a hair softner.:ohwell: I blame the company for misrepresenting itself. She was saying on her vid how she did not use relaxers for her child's hair. I never knew a texturizer was a mild relaxer, either before LHCF .:rolleyes: People are fooled by these companies every day. She took great care of her hair, anyway.

I really don't understand how people don't know that silkeners, softener, texturizers, and relaxers are the same thing. Is it that hard to look at the back of the box and see that the chemicals are the same?

I guess now I can see why folks are walking around jacklaxed since they don't even know what they're putting in their (or their child's) head.

Ok the childs hair is beautiful but she had beautiful long hair without a relaxer why put it in now?

Pretty little girl with pretty hair.

BUT. A texture softner is a weak relaxer... I am mad that she does not have a cape on that baby, and she is slapping that stuff around like its not a chemical.. But thats just me.

ETA:
I wish I knew mamma personally. I would have introduced her to some bomb a#$ products for naturals before she proceeded to 'soften" that babys hair.

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is about the little girl getting a perm/relaxer/texturizer/ softener or whatever. As long as her mom can maintain it in the long term, who cares? It's not like she was 3 years old. I could see if at the end of the video she had burns/scabs/bald patches.

It's not me, and it's not my kid. I can't knock anyone for what they do to their OWN child's head, unless it looks like hair abuse or neglect. Her hair looked nice before and after. Maybe we should try to give her some tips on how to maintain a relaxer instead of bashing her for doing it, sheesh...what's done is done.

I don't see what the big deal is about the little girl getting a perm/relaxer/texturizer/ softener or whatever. As long as her mom can maintain it in the long term, who cares? It's not like she was 3 years old. I could see if at the end of the video she had burns/scabs/bald patches.

It's not me, and it's not my kid. I can't knock anyone for what they do to their OWN child's head, unless it looks like hair abuse or neglect
. Her hair looked nice before and after. Maybe we should try to give her some tips on how to maintain a relaxer instead of bashing her for doing it, sheesh...what's done is done.
^^^ ITA .............................

Back