Help! Dating Advice For Those That Are Not Physically Attractive

But what is so wrong about your natural face? I understand if you just love makeup, and love the look of it... I put care into my body itself. I use a great soap daily with my Clarisonic, and a good oil free moisturizer....I make sure my brows are cleaned up... I make sure that I am good, and then if I want to go extra with makeup I go for it. But one should be anti-bare face...as if there is something inherently wrong with a woman's bare face. Unkempt is one thing, but natural is another entirely. Wasn't that the reason we did the bare face thread??

It's sounding like this one woman I saw at the nail salon. She was getting a pedicure with a dark color...and she needed it to cover the huge blue & green fungus that was growing on her toes. If she took care of her feet, she could rock a clear polish, and look just as great...and probably be less self conscious of herself....

Clear and colored polish don't give off the same vibe. Just because one prefers color to bare toes doesn't mean their feet look bad. Honestly the color gives a more finishes look than bare. I have a friend that only buffs her hands and never wears polish. It's better than nothing but not the finishing touch even a nude colors gives

Clear and colored polish don't give off the same vibe. Just because one prefers color to bare toes doesn't mean their feet look bad. Honestly the color gives a more finishes look than bare. I have a friend that only buffs her hands and never wears polish. It's better than nothing but not the finishing touch even a nude colors gives
i don't wear nail polish either :look: I can't be bothered anymore. I used to get my nails gelled every few weeks, and I just can't be bothered now. I have nice nail beds and long nail, matter of fact they are most of the time out of regs in length, but I can't be bothered. Plus I only like french on my feet and hands. I think it gives me a polished look and i dont have to worry about my nails matching my outfit.

But what is so wrong about your natural face? I understand if you just love makeup, and love the look of it... I put care into my body itself. I use a great soap daily with my Clarisonic, and a good oil free moisturizer....I make sure my brows are cleaned up... I make sure that I am good, and then if I want to go extra with makeup I go for it. But one should be anti-bare face...as if there is something inherently wrong with a woman's bare face. Unkempt is one thing, but natural is another entirely. Wasn't that the reason we did the bare face thread??

It's sounding like this one woman I saw at the nail salon. She was getting a pedicure with a dark color...and she needed it to cover the huge blue & green fungus that was growing on her toes. If she took care of her feet, she could rock a clear polish, and look just as great...and probably be less self conscious of herself....

This!
I am all for wearing make-up (or weave or heels or corsets etc) as an accessory that you desire. But I reject the idea that it is a necessity or that all adult women should do it. Just as I would never say everyone needs a weave even though a good weave can definitely enhance someone's looks greatly.

I'm really thinking about what we tell our girls about themselves. I can't imagine telling my daughter that she's beautiful just as she is up until she's 18 then she needs makeup.

And for real for real...this just doesn't pan out in real life for me. Most of the women I know don't wear make-up. Actually, I am the only woman in my daily network that wears a full/semi-full face of make-up. And no, those women aren't single, depressed, unattractive, LE, etc. They're normal. I went around bare-faced for the first 30 years of life (eyebrows undone too lol) and dare I say it...life was good. (And no I don't look like a wolf-hound in the face lol, had an active dating life, advanced career-wise, married etc.)

All Im saying is make-up should be in a category of options rather than requirement.

Well, at the time I got my pedicure with a clear red...like the candy coating on an apple, and I know my feet were cuter. But it's not the color, more so the fact that she had to Hide behind that color. I can go clear red, or opaque red...because my natural feet are just fine. I can be confident in just myself, and then anything else I add is great. That's the only point I'm making...that no one should be saying anything about a good clean natural palate. It's different if we're talking about unkempt, and unwashed...but that's not what I'm saying.

here we go again with the makeup thing. I know PLENTY of men who don't like women to wear makeup and I know PLENTY of women who are married and don't wear makeup. I don't wear makeup and my ex-husband nor my current minded at all and rather I didn't wear makeup.

But your probably not ugly...:look:

This comparison is obnoxious and insulting. For some reason I expected better from you JaiDiva

All these comments and arguments I'd expect from juveniles. Yall never disappoint in vanity threads

This comparison is obnoxious and insulting. For some reason I expected better from you JaiDiva

All these comments and arguments I'd expect from juveniles. Yall never disappoint in vanity threads

Is it? Not sorry bout it. :lol: I don't see anything wrong with a woman who is just naturally beautiful, with no need for artifice. If she enjoys doing more, then wonderful...if not, then equally wonderful. However, when I start hearing women say that All women Need to employ artifice, I wonder how many of them are hiding flaws behind cosmetics and trying to normalize their insecurity... And I, for one, am in love with vanity...but not at the expense of reality.

I don't wear makeup every day, and when I do, it varies depending on the occasion. Gloss, tinted gloss, lipstick + eye shadow + brow filler, or all of the above + foundation. I do take care of my skin and keep my brows and nails done all the time.

I think it's weird to wear a full face of make up every single day. Even if you have skin issues, you don't have to keep them covered 24/7. Most of the women I know wear lipstick at least, but I don't know very many who go all out every day. I do think it's nice to wear makeup for dates, church, and formal events. Maybe for work depending on your job.

Being fit, taking care of your skin, nails, & hair, and dressing nicely are more important to me than wearing makeup. Most women I know who never wear any makeup at all ever, are not well put together in other areas. But you can still look nice without it, so I wouldn't say that everyone should wear it every day.

you are going on about how you groom your eyebrows, dont leave crud on your lips..is that not fixing a bareface? or do you really think bareface is the just the opposite of one with foundation?

you are going on about how you groom your eyebrows, dont leave crud on your lips..is that not fixing a bareface? or do you really think bareface is the just the opposite of one with foundation?

That's why I said there was a difference between natural, and unkempt. I'm not talking about unkempt.
:look:

You can be natural, and well groomed....sans makeup.

That's not barefaced then

If it's your bare face, then you're barefaced. Barefaced =/= ungroomed, or unkempt. :lol:

bare [bair]
without covering or clothing; naked; nude: bare legs.
without the usual furnishings, contents, etc.: bare walls.
unadorned; bald; plain: the bare facts.

Apparently, the reason this forum is called Off-Topic is because the threads veer off topic so often.

With that said :popcorn:

I don't think that an aversion to facial hair removal goes hand in hand with lack of makeup. I don't wear makeup but I do maintain my eyebrows, tweeze random stray hairs, and use depilatory where it is needed. I really don't like facial hair.

anyone else notice that many barefaced women or those who dont like makeup usually have similar aversions to plucking/waxing/removing facial hair? :look:

these tend to be the types of women that will walk around with full-grown man beard or goatee. :look:

walking around looking like that will def mess with your self-esteem :look:

If it's your bare face, then you're barefaced. Barefaced =/= ungroomed, or unkempt. :lol:

bare [bair]
without covering or clothing; naked; nude: bare legs.
without the usual furnishings, contents, etc.: bare walls.
unadorned; bald; plain: the bare facts.

dictionary meaning has nothing to do with what we're talking about

noticed how when cami mentioned barefaced she showed the pic of Bert's unibrow.

My problem with the no makeup thing is that when makeup and/or appearance overall is addressed when we're discussing improving your appearance to possibly increase your dating opportunities or men approaching you--is that there is this immediate backlash. Like we are so afraid to say 'Well maybe I could try something new or improve my appearance b 10%'. It's no,I don't need all of that, I'm fine. It's not that anyone is saying 'it's wrong' but everyone has room for improvement-in all areas.

Also, there is this theme where people don't think they 'need' makeup and eww if you're wearing makeup, one doesn't look good otherwise. I have great clear skin, never a blemish- do I 'need' makeup? No. But do I like to improve how I look? Sure. It's such an odd dialogue. I feel like this regarding weight or anything. Oh no you're fine at this size, any man should want you just the way you are. But we're here to grow long hair to improve our appearance, to me improvement is improvement, regardless if it's makeup or not.

^^^ It's really NOT that serious. LOL I can't get with ppl arguing over make-up of all things.

Ha ha! Some of the biggest 'gates here have been about makeup. If its not the I don't need makeup like you ugly, insecure hauxes vs. you must be single and living in poverty because you don't wear makeup then you have Brush Gate from the makeup forum...

The former happens at least twice a year here. :popcorn:

#TeamMakeup chiming in...

I do not wear makeup every day. My job is sometimes too labor intensive for me to have on anything more then liner, mascara, blush and lipstick but you better believe that if I am stepping out of the house to do something other then grocery shopping or going to the gym then I have on makeup.

While I don't feel that I NEED makeup, applying it gives me an overall polished look that I love and that is received well by my SO, my friends and family, strangers, etc.

Personally I think EVERY woman can benifit from some sort of grooming outside of the basics. It has nothing to do with insecurity or shame in oneself.

i don't wear nail polish either :look: I can't be bothered anymore. I used to get my nails gelled every few weeks, and I just can't be bothered now. I have nice nail beds and long nail, matter of fact they are most of the time out of regs in length, but I can't be bothered. Plus I only like french on my feet and hands. I think it gives me a polished look and i dont have to worry about my nails matching my outfit.

Serious question NOEChic...Why can't you be bothered?

I'm just here for the giggles :giggle: No one is going to convince me that a bareface is a hindrance to daily life. Why is it okay for a woman to say "I like to be polished" but not okay to say "I like to be natural"? Not wearing makeup does not equate to being anti makeup. Most :look: people in this thread never mentioned thinking they were better/are more natural than others because they don't wear it but for some reason that's what it translates to.

I'm just here for the giggles :giggle: No one is going to convince me that a bareface is a hindrance to daily life. Why is it okay for a woman to say "I like to be polished" but not okay to say "I like to be natural"? Not wearing makeup does not equate to being anti makeup. Most :look: people in this thread never mentioned thinking they were better/are more natural than others because they don't wear it but for some reason that's what it translates to.

Try the little experiment I posted above. I tried it at work of all places and it proved exactly what all the studies say. Your typically get a more positive reaction when wearing nice makeup.

I think some people are kind of afraid to see if that's really true because that means they have missed out on opportunities based on looks and that makes people uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I'm not doing anything I don't want to because of what studies show. :lol: They also show my marriage would have a better chance if I go get me a white man that doesn't mean I'm going to :rofl: I'm not antimakeup either. If I want to wear it, I will. If I don't then I won't.

Try the little experiment I posted above. I tried it at work of all places and it proved exactly what all the studies say. You get more positive reaction when wearing nice makeup.

I do not wear makeup every day. My job is sometimes too labor intensive for me to have on anything more then liner, mascara, blush and lipstick but you better believe that if I am stepping out of the house to do something other then grocery shopping or going to the gym then I have on makeup.

While I don't feel that I NEED makeup, applying it gives me an overall polished look that I love and that is received well by my SO, my friends and family, strangers, etc.

Personally I think EVERY woman can benifit from some sort of grooming outside of the basics. It has nothing to do with insecurity or shame in oneself.

Bc, at this moment I am not in the space to go sit in a salon and get my nails done. My nails are long enough for just polish but I like the gel nails (UV nails) and it takes a minute for them to get done. And then take down is not that quick and easy. And it never fails that as soon as I get my nails done, I break a nail and then have to wait to go to the salon to get a fake one one. then that one looks different then all the other nails. ugh im getting agitated just thinking about it lol

Mai Tai You have such a succinct way of expressing MY thoughts. Thank you :lol: . Thanking your posts allows me to say all I need to

Try the little experiment I posted above. I tried it at work of all places and it proved exactly what all the studies say. Your typically get a more positive reaction when wearing nice makeup.

I think some people are kind of afraid to see if that's really true because that means they have missed out on opportunities based on looks and that makes people uncomfortable.

+1.

10characters

You don't like getting your nails done NOEChic?! You must need a new salon because nail appointments are so fun! I anywhere from 2-4 times monthly.

I actually liked where i was going. hardly any wait times, MAYBE 5 mins once in a while and very nice people. I was going every two weeks. I went home on leave last year and when i got back i was like i dont want to do this anymore

Back