He said he loves me

Tie up your loose ends before starting something and just wait!, wait....and wait some more and then wait :look:. I see red flags everywhere on this one. I don't think either one of you are in love but I can understand how nice it can be when it's all new and fresh. You were so used to the BS that it can be like fresh air when someone new comes along but.....:nono: Step back for a minute and think. Slow it waaaaay down. You are not thinking of living together are you? What do your children think about this or have you not gotten to that point where you are comfortable to introduce them to him yet.

6 years is not alot between you but truth be told you have 5 children you said? That's alot and dude may be just telling you that just to make you feel good. I mean he's not gonna come out and say hell nawl! Get your groove on if you wanna but fix YOU first. Your issues that you speak of will carry onto the next and you will be right where you started or ended.

Good luck in what you decide.

He is six years younger than me.

As far as for me getting my head on straight - I think my head is more than straight considering that I make twice as much as my soon to be ex-husband - my house, car and everything else is in my name and I have been holding it down since I bought my house at the age of 23. I have a Master's Degree and a job that most people would kill to have. I have three children in school that are all A-B honor roll students. I have survived one divorce (14 years ago) and my kids adjusted just fine. My husband was the one who stepped outside of our marriage and screwed up. Why should I be unhappy because he chose another route?

I am not going to marry this man tomorrow. I have already been married twice and not sure if I want to go down the marriage road again. I had a tubal ligation after my last child so kids are not an issue between us. He makes almost as much money as I do (we're both lawyers) so he could support my family if he had to but I'm capable of doing it on my own w/no issues. I have brought up the issues of my kids and the things that go along with it and he said he wouldn't be here if he wasn't ready to deal with that. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I think I'm going to ride it out and see what happens.

I mean maybe she meant she has an advanced degree???

I wonder if she just meant she'd been to graduate school aka law school, aka next level up from college school.

I don't think the dude will stick around but who knows?

Have fun but don't involve kids and don't get too tied up (take your head out of dem dur clouds).

Oh yeah, OP...not many men regardless of age are going to be willing to support a woman and FIVE chirrun that aren't his, so you might want to remove THAT line of thinking. :look:

Honestly, I don't know many (but I mean ANY :look: ) men that would enter a serious relationship with a woman with FIVE kids.

That's a whole lot of chirrun right there.

FIVE? Shoooot.

Good luck with that one.

I say continue to smash him on the regular until one of yall cheat. Just keep riding :lol:(no pun intended)Because I don't know of any relationships that started out with infidelity and lasted.

Posting this really isn't going to make a difference because YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!

I say continue to smash him on the regular until one of yall cheat. Just keep riding :lol:(no pun intended)Because I don't know of any relationships that started out with infidelity and lasted.

Posting this really isn't going to make a difference because YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!

OMG

:lachen:

I took this to mean that she has a J.D. and a Master's.

I don't know anyone with a degree more advanced than a Master's that focuses on their Master's. Hell I know I don't (but I'm a braggart). I've never heard anyone with a JD, PhD, etc., say: (hand on clavicle) "and EYE have MY Masters."

I'm not sayin'

I'm just saying...#kanyeshrug.

I'm still stuck on FIVE kids. I say gatdamn!

I don't know anyone with a degree more advanced than a Master's that focuses on their Master's. Hell I know I don't (but I'm a braggart). I've never heard anyone with a JD, PhD, etc., say: (hand on clavicle) "and EYE have MY Masters."

I'm not sayin'

I'm just saying...#kanyeshrug.

I'm still stuck on FIVE kids. I say gatdamn!
I hear what you are saying. It would be strange for me to say, "Blah blah blah and darn it I have my BA". Knowing full well that I also have a Master's, why wouldn't I just say that? Oh well.

No, there are a quite a few J.D.'s that also have a Master's. One of my good friends from college has a J.D. and a Masters in Divinity and she does mention both. It might just be me, but I didn't find anything fishy about that statement by itself. I'm not sure why everyone's jumping on OP so badly.

Last edited:
No, there are a quite a few J.D.'s that also have Master's.
But would that be the thing, especially on this site that they would speak of first?

That is like my SO who is in education would he say I am Raheem Doe M Ed or would he say I am Raheem Doe Phd? Most people would say Raheem Doe Phd, although a few may say Raheem Doe M Ed they are both true. I think that is was we find particularly strange on LHCF.

No, there are a quite a few J.D.'s that also have Master's.

Riiiiiiiiight BUT, do any of them say "I have my Masters and a job people would kill for" as if the Master's is IT?

Even though, last time EYE checked nobody was dying to be a lawyer in 20-anything.

:look: I know many more people that went to law school but don't practice law than those that do. I've never talked to any of them about their Master's.

Last edited:
But would that be the thing, especially on this site that they would speak of first?

That is like my SO who is in education would he say I am Raheem Doe M Ed or would he say I am Raheem Doe Phd? Most people would say Raheem Doe Phd, although a few may say Raheem Doe M Ed they are both true. I think that is was we find particularly strange on LHCF.

Is his name REALLY Raheem though? lol

I'm just asking because it made me think of the Jill Scott song "Exclusively."

So I shook my head, "What's up?"
"Hello," she smiled as she rung me up
Orange juice $3.29, Croissants $4.85
She sniffed, Butter 89 cents
She sniffed, Strawberries $1.50 a pint
She sniffed, and sniffed, and sniffed, and sniffed again
And then replied, "Raheem, right?"
Right!?!

Yes I have a JD and an MBA. Two of my children are nearly grown. There is a considerable age difference because I got married young, had two kids and got a divorce. I got remarried and because he had no kids I agreed to have one more but due to a medical condition where my doctor wouldn’t do a tubal I ended up with two more.

I don't know what kind of men you ladies are used to dealing with or where you are meeting them at but obviously you have low expectations. He is the one who brought up keeping me in his life. I have just been floating along having fun because between my first husband and my last husband I have been married a total of 14 years. I am not sure about heading down the commitment road again because I haven’t had much luck. If he doesn’t stick around I’m not losing anything other than sex.

My children have not met him and I don't intend to introduce them. We only get together when my children are not around. It would be too confusing for them to have someone else step in when their father just left. My husband and I dated for nearly two years before he was introduced to my kids but they were older than my younger kids now.

I don't know what kind of men you ladies are used to dealing with or where you are meeting them at but obviously you have low expectations. He is the one who brought up keeping me in his life. I have just been floating along having fun because between my first husband and my last husband I have been married a total of 14 years. I am not sure about heading down the commitment road again because I haven’t had much luck. If he doesn’t stick around I’m not losing anything other than sex.

Okay, that makes a world of sense.

Raheem? Right?

Right!

I think you are rebounding.

How were able to buy a house while in law school or just out of law school? No student loans? No down payment?

Is his name REALLY Raheem though? lol

I'm just asking because it made me think of the Jill Scott song "Exclusively."
LOL Nah, just an example. I can't kick it with John Doe girl, must be a Raheem Doe. I like the little Jill Scott diddy.

Yes I have a JD and an MBA. Two of my children are nearly grown. There is a considerable age difference because I got married young, had two kids and got a divorce. I got remarried and because he had no kids I agreed to have one more but due to a medical condition where my doctor wouldn’t do a tubal I ended up with two more.
It may be sleep deprivation on my part and this isn't at all important, but...where's child FIVE?

Did Four and Five come after Three (which was the favor baby) or are we missing a kid? I see it as having "one more but ending up with two" as just ending up with two not three.

I need a nap.

It may be sleep deprivation on my part and this isn't at all important, but...where's child FIVE?

Did Four and Five come after Three (which was the favor baby) or are we missing a kid? I see it as having "one more but ending up with two" as just ending up with two not three.

I need a nap.
Go to sleep Emanon, you are funny. Child #5 is Raheem Doe, that is a popular name.

OP I am not picking on you, I am joking with Emanon.

After my divorce from my ex-husband I had to have somewhere to live so moved in with my mother until I found a program that paid my down-payment and I moved into a house with my two kids(I was still in school and the houses where I live were cheap). Once I finished law school I was able to get a job with the Dept of Justice. I went back to school for my Master's to defer my student loans which are now in repayment status.

After my divorce from my ex-husband I had to have somewhere to live so moved in with my mother until I found a program that paid my down-payment and I moved into a house with my two kids(I was still in school and the houses where I live were cheap). Once I finished law school I was able to get a job with the Dept of Justice. I went back to school for my Master's to defer my student loans which are now in repayment status.
Where they do that at?

Last edited:

I need a nap.

She said she had two young and got divorced. Then she married husband #2 and agreed to have one more. But then she was not able to get a tubal, which resulted in child #4 and #5.

She said she had two young and got divorced. Then she married husband #2 and agreed to have one more. But then she was not able to get a tubal, which resulted in child #4 and #5.
Ohhh so she wanted the tubal after #3 but went ON to have #4 AND #5....I see said the blind woman.

That's a whole lot of "ending up." :look:

OP, do you have twins at all?

Hmmm..You say that you're a lawyer but in your profile you state that you are an HR manager. Also most law schools have an accelerated MBA/JD program, you don't graduate with your JD only to go back to get your Masters.

Hmmm..You say that you're a lawyer but in your profile you state that you are an HR manager. Also most law schools have an accelerated MBA/JD program, you don't graduate with your JD only to go back to get your Masters.

She started practicing law AFTER she created her profile. Duh, she just hasn't updated it.

Re the bolded: MOST may not, but SHE did. There was a method to the madness...she ain't wanna pay back loans right then and there so she went and accumulated more...that's why they're STILL in repayment.

Daggone Super Sleuth :look:

Last edited:
dayum, yall a wild bunch lololol.....

dat must be some good dyck chile..... i think he puddi whipped and u dyck whipped. i'd say phuckit n cry two tears in da buckit...if da dyck good, i'd say keep on keepin on wif it, but don't git caught up in da trick bag either. there is a difference in bein in love wif da dyck and bein in love with the person.

Back