He Did Not Contact Me For Mother's Day

I have a friend whose father died on valentine's day. He was the oldest and only boy when it happened. He doesn't celebrate valentine's day and tells his women from the jump. He also doesn't want persons wishing him happy vday either.

Yikes. Sis can't get roses cause his father passed away 29384932493 years ago on Feb 14th? Happy V day is a trigger? Valentines day is for women anyway

Last edited:
Yikes. Sis can't get roses cause his father passed away 29384932493 years ago on Feb 14th? Happy V day is a trigger? Valentines day is for women anyway

Nope. In fact his father passed nearly 20 years ago and he still posts odes to him social media.

Now from what I observed, he sends "just because" flowers and give "just because" gifts. It's just not happening on vday lol.

He may have issues with this day even though he had a mother figure. I would just ask him how his weekend was. If he mentions spending time with his Aunt casually talk about your day and how you wished you heard from him.
I really like how you did that right there. This is a gift that I'm trying to learn

I really like how you did that right there. This is a gift that I'm trying to learn

Thanks luv! If something bothers me I try to get the full story before I speak on it. I've been on the receiving end of people jumping to conclusions and I get very irritated. So I just plainly ask questions to get the info I need and then speak on my slight but usually in a positive way just to unarm them. They are more apologetic and quick to fix it :)People respond well to it, in my experience.

Last edited:
It doesn't cost anything except a few breaths to say "Happy Mothers Day". It's crazy as hell to me how many times I saw this same situation go down on Facebook yesterday from women in relationships with men who couldn't be bothered. When I was growing up every woman who looked old enough to have children was wished a Happy Mothers Day on general principle whether stranger or family by both men and women.

People who care about each other observe niceties to make the other person feel special or appreciated. If the man you are dating didn't wish you a Happy Mothers Day knowing good and cotdayum well you have a child(ren) then he's a :censored: savage and doesn't deserve further access to your time or vagina. If it was me, I would ask him why he didn't say anything and THEE only right answer is that something traumatic happened to him or a loved one on that holiday. Any other answer means he's trash and should be discarded.

I have not been in the habit of telling women to leave men but I'm starting to notice that these dudes are getting more and more out of pocket with micro-aggressions and disrespect very early on when they are supposed to still be on their best behavior which leads me to believe it's only down hill from where these women are finding themselves in their relationships.
IMG_3809.GIF

This reminds me if a show I used to listen to. A lady was fuming mad because she didn't get a gift from her husband on mother's day. This #&*@!*# told her "I didn't get you anything because you're not my mom". Some men really believe this ish. Women were calling in ready to skin him alive.

PS: I also found out on the same show, cheating websites have a huge uptick in women users after mother's day due to wives feeling unappreciated.

Back