He asked me to marry him!!

Loves it!:spinning: I love hearing these type of stories. It makes me wonder how my future hubby will propose (thats going to be awhile tho lol). I totally agree with you ladies on establishing yourself first before trying to seriously commit to someone. I guess it makes things easier in my opinion. I'm only 19 and trying to get my life together before the "boys" b/c I most def. want a man!:drunk: lol! Congrats girly...and your hair is crazy beautiful:grin:

congratulationssssssssssssssss

eta: i love your engagement story. absolutely beautiful. i love carvel too, but i havent had it for years now.

Last edited:
I think it's important, for us as women, to get ourselves together first. People used to ask me all the time....when am I getting married, when am I getting married????? I told them school first!!! Then a stable job!!! Boys will always be there!! I don't want a "boy."

I believe in making yourself desirable by setting the bar high..get those degrees (yes, get them) then everything else will fall into place.

Girl, ain't nobody rushin me..lol.[/quote]

First...let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are going to be a gorgeous bride (with beautiful highlights :grin:)

Second....I love this statement. Folks ask my BF and I when are we going to go ahead and get married....I say when he's done w/school and our finances are straight. We are working on that now. I've done undergrad/grad school years ago and I'm working in my chosen field. I am more than happy to wait until he is done. I want us to be stable seperately so that when we come together, we are SET.

Thanks for sharing you lovely story!

Alright, alright.....details huh??..lol....

I wrote this to my homie Kels823 earlier. Dat's my dawg! :yep:

Yeah girl, I had a feeling it was coming, bc he'd been dropping hints all week. He was supposed to fly out to Vegas and ask there but that didn't pan out. So, Saturday night, we went out to dinner and I thought he was gonna ask there. Nope. Not there! We got back to his house and he told me he had a headache. I was like that's weird, you were fine just a minute ago :ohwell:. So anywhoo, he was like, can you get me some water. I was like you want bottled water or water from the fridge :spinning:? He's like, some orange juice. So I opened the fridge up and I saw a Carvel Ice Cream Cake in the fridge that read "Will you marry me?" (He and everybody on the planet knows that I just lurrrve me some Carvel Ice Cream Cake , almost more than coloring!!! ) So in my head I was like, oh ish was I supposed to see that?!!!! Then he came over to me by the fridge, pulls out the ring box from his pocket, and gets on one knee!!! Then I start boohooing. I couldn't see ish bc of the tears..lol. Then he asked, "Queen_t, will you marry me?"

357586598.jpg

It was funny bc this was the only time I didn't want to cut up the cake. It was in the shape of a heart and I usually use a butcher knife to cut into the ice cream cake!

The Carvel cake is very significant for us.

Adorable story! I love me some Carvel cake too -- it's addictive. I've admired your hair for a while now -- you've got it going on, girl.

Congrats and all the best!

Last edited:
yyesssss I was the 100th thanks!!!! :rofl: Congrats!!! thats such awesome news to hear :yep:

Thank you for being the 100th thanks BillsBacker! LOL. I'm just glad you all found my moment as special as I did!! :Blush2:

I'm utterly thankful for all the well wishes. :hug2:

:thankyou:

I feel truly blessed to hear from all of you.:love2:

Congratulations! Wishing nothing but the best and blessings in the future the both of you will share together.

I'm sure it wasn't the highlights, but it I'm sure you looked gawgeous saying yes!

Back