He asked me to marry him!!

I knew it was coming in ur other thread after all the "coloring" went down! and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Last edited:
Aww, that is so sweet! Congratulations! I was on the phone with my boyfriend (of 3 years :look:) when I saw your thread and I told him about it. He said: "I said the same thing from day one too"...and I'm like I don't remember...:lachen: Mr. starts telling me he misses me and wants to see me.... I couldn't help but sing "if you want it, then you got to put a ring on it" :rofl: :rofl: I'm bad!
Congrats again! Now we need some pics of that ring...:look:

Alright, alright.....details huh??..lol....

I wrote this to my homie Kels823 earlier. Dat's my dawg! :yep:

Yeah girl, I had a feeling it was coming, bc he'd been dropping hints all week. He was supposed to fly out to Vegas and ask there but that didn't pan out. So, Saturday night, we went out to dinner and I thought he was gonna ask there. Nope. Not there! We got back to his house and he told me he had a headache. I was like that's weird, you were fine just a minute ago :ohwell:. So anywhoo, he was like, can you get me some water. I was like you want bottled water or water from the fridge :spinning:? He's like, some orange juice. So I opened the fridge up and I saw a Carvel Ice Cream Cake in the fridge that read "Will you marry me?" (He and everybody on the planet knows that I just lurrrve me some Carvel Ice Cream Cake , almost more than coloring!!! ) So in my head I was like, oh ish was I supposed to see that?!!!! Then he came over to me by the fridge, pulls out the ring box from his pocket, and gets on one knee!!! Then I start boohooing. I couldn't see ish bc of the tears..lol. Then he asked, "Queen_t, will you marry me?"

357586598.jpg

It was funny bc this was the only time I didn't want to cut up the cake. It was in the shape of a heart and I usually use a butcher knife to cut into the ice cream cake!

The Carvel cake is very significant for us.

Last edited:
^^^This is a beautiful story!!!! You know it is important that these stories are shared so women can see that men do want to marry us and that they can be very romantic. You are so blessed.

Congrats!!!!
Enjoy being engaged for a while. Don't let anyone force you into full on planning mode until you two are ready.

^^^This is a beautiful story!!!! You know it is important that these stories are shared so women can see that men do want to marry us and that they can be very romantic. You are so blessed.

Thanks, ITA. I think it's important, for us as women, to get ourselves together first. People used to ask me all the time....when am I getting married, when am I getting married????? I told them school first!!! Then a stable job!!! Boys will always be there!! I don't want a "boy."

I believe in making yourself desirable by setting the bar high..get those degrees (yes, get them) then everything else will fall into place.

Congrats!!!!
Enjoy being engaged for a while. Don't let anyone force you into full on planning mode until you two are ready.

Girl, ain't nobody rushin me..lol.

Congratulations, QT. Very nice proposal. My hubby proposed to me at home too and at first I was like :ohwell: but now I think of it as very special and intimate moment shared by just the two of us. And I think he was nervous about my response:lachen:

Congratulations, QT. Very nice proposal. My hubby proposed to me at home too and at first I was like :ohwell: but now I think of it as very special and intimate moment shared by just the two of us. And I think he was nervous about my response:lachen:

Yeah, he said he was shy and didn't want to do it at the restaurant. That boy is NOT shy ok! :rolleyes: lol. Nerves got him!

Back