He asked me to marry him!!

awww....im in the library grinnin'!!!! People probably want to know whats up...but this story is just too sweet!!

Thanks, ITA. I think it's important, for us as women, to get ourselves together first. People used to ask me all the time....when am I getting married, when am I getting married????? I told them school first!!! Then a stable job!!! Boys will always be there!! I don't want a "boy."

You are so right about this Queen T. DH & I got married what was considered "late", but like you I didn't want a "boy", I wanted a mature man, and of course, getting my education and getting myself stable was important as well before any serious relationship. You certainly have your head on straight, and it was worth the wait.

Thanks, ITA. I think it's important, for us as women, to get ourselves together first. People used to ask me all the time....when am I getting married, when am I getting married????? I told them school first!!! Then a stable job!!! Boys will always be there!! I don't want a "boy."

You are so right about this Queen T. DH & I got married what was considered "late", but like you I didn't want a "boy", I wanted a mature man, and of course, getting my education and getting myself stable was important as well before any serious relationship. You certainly have your head on straight, and it was worth the wait.

:bighug:

Congrats lady!!! I'm thinking it was the highlights...they make me want to marry you too, lol. Your hair is so pretty!!!

Beautiful Story, best wishes and happy planning!!!

My SO told me the same thing @ day 1, I believe we both shared that in a thread long ago. :grin:

Alright, alright.....details huh??..lol....

I wrote this to my homie Kels823 earlier. Dat's my dawg! :yep:

Yeah girl, I had a feeling it was coming, bc he'd been dropping hints all week. He was supposed to fly out to Vegas and ask there but that didn't pan out. So, Saturday night, we went out to dinner and I thought he was gonna ask there. Nope. Not there! We got back to his house and he told me he had a headache. I was like that's weird, you were fine just a minute ago :ohwell:. So anywhoo, he was like, can you get me some water. I was like you want bottled water or water from the fridge :spinning:? He's like, some orange juice. So I opened the fridge up and I saw a Carvel Ice Cream Cake in the fridge that read "Will you marry me?" (He and everybody on the planet knows that I just lurrrve me some Carvel Ice Cream Cake , almost more than coloring!!! ) So in my head I was like, oh ish was I supposed to see that?!!!! Then he came over to me by the fridge, pulls out the ring box from his pocket, and gets on one knee!!! Then I start boohooing. I couldn't see ish bc of the tears..lol. Then he asked, "Queen_t, will you marry me?"

It was funny bc this was the only time I didn't want to cut up the cake. It was in the shape of a heart and I usually use a butcher knife to cut into the ice cream cake!

The Carvel cake is very significant for us.

Awww...I have the BIGGEST smile on my face now. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!

Back