He Asked me to Marry him....

We don't have one yet:drunk:. we are still working on figuring out an inexpensive month to get married in and then a day that works for family and friends. any advice is appreciated and welcomed:yep:

Me too, because I have no idea what to do when it comes to wedding planning :)

Me too, because I have no idea what to do when it comes to wedding planning :)

First - CONGRATS!

Best wishes for you as you and your future husband prepare to become one in marriage.

Second -
I just married in Feb. Expensive seasons vary by location and popularity. For example, here in DC/MD/VA area, peak wedding season runs May - Sep. Those are the months with the mildest weather, you can use facilities that have gardens and outdoors space, getting the most for your rental money; no snow showers, rainy seasons, etc. etc.

For international travel to the Carribean, peak season was Oct - Mar, for the same reason - travel couples with holidays so relatives can attend, its warm there while its cold here on the mid-atlantic states, etc. etc.

Ask vendors what is peak season in the location where you want to marry, and when their rates increase/decrease. Also, ask if they honor special rates for larger/smaller groups, or associations, government, etc.

You will find if you do your wedding when NO ONE else does it - during off peak season - the cost pays off all across the board! Everything is lower. Videographer, cake, florist, etc. Dress sales cause the economy is in a slump and no one has to purchase. And who knows...your weather still may be beautiful...I ended up having a 65degree spring like day and evening in FEB - then it turned 17 degrees the next week! Heaven was smiling on us. :)

I wish you the best!!

First - CONGRATS!

Best wishes for you as you and your future husband prepare to become one in marriage.

Second -
I just married in Feb. Expensive seasons vary by location and popularity. For example, here in DC/MD/VA area, peak wedding season runs May - Sep. Those are the months with the mildest weather, you can use facilities that have gardens and outdoors space, getting the most for your rental money; no snow showers, rainy seasons, etc. etc.

For international travel to the Carribean, peak season was Oct - Mar, for the same reason - travel couples with holidays so relatives can attend, its warm there while its cold here on the mid-atlantic states, etc. etc.

Ask vendors what is peak season in the location where you want to marry, and when their rates increase/decrease. Also, ask if they honor special rates for larger/smaller groups, or associations, government, etc.

You will find if you do your wedding when NO ONE else does it - during off peak season - the cost pays off all across the board! Everything is lower. Videographer, cake, florist, etc. Dress sales cause the economy is in a slump and no one has to purchase. And who knows...your weather still may be beautiful...I ended up having a 65degree spring like day and evening in FEB - then it turned 17 degrees the next week! Heaven was smiling on us. :)

I wish you the best!!

I agree that Heaven was smiling down you guys. I relocated from the Midwest, and I know how unpredicatable the weather can be.

I live in Austin, TX. Warm weather pretty much comes once March rolls around. My mom offered to buy my dress so we should be able to get a good deal :) Thanks for your help! I will definitely call some vendors to ask and go from there.

Back