Gratitude in the Gethsemane

I praise the Almighty God!

I give Him thanks that He is a God that can Heal, Restore, and make ALL things NEW! One day with the Lord is truely like a thousand years....

I thank God for His word in Isaiah 43: 18-19 that reminds us:
"Remember not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."
:Rose:​

I am grateful that God continues to provide for me and each day grants me grace and mercy sufficient for whatever challenges I encounter that day.

My gratitude today is the gift of those blessed ones among us who have us in heart and mind and prayer even when we do not know or realize it. Many a time someone has said I prayed for you..and I didin't know it or I thought about you today and wanted to know how you are doing

Oh, that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleads for his neighbor. Job 16:21

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers. 1 Peter 3:12

The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:16

The righteous cry out and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psalm 34:17

Call to me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God who has not turned away my prayer nor His mercy from me. Psalm 6:19, 20

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYTE! I really enjoyed your posts today. And I am standing in agreement with you in the beautiful prayer that you prayed today. Have a blessed birthday.

Thank you Ultrasuedea :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYTE!

Beautiful prayer as well!
Thank you Sashaa :)

Ultrasuedea and Sashaa..... I was reading through the entire thread
and saw these responses ..dated August 5th for the first time ...ever....today!:rolleyes:
I belatedly checked thank you on both your posts :grin:
Bless you for standing in agreement.....
THANK YOU both for such lovely birthday acknowledgements
forgive me for not saying thanking you earlier...
I must have seemed so ungrateful.... :nono:...but it was completely unintentional :drunk:

Your greetings meant and mean so much! Your posts and you are both a such a blessed gift in my life
and you are both always in my most heartfelt prayer :yep:

Last edited:
Zephaniah 3:16-20 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:

“ Do not fear;
Zion, let not your hands be weak.
17 The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
18 “ I will gather those who sorrow over the appointed assembly,
Who are among you,
To whom its reproach is a burden.
19 Behold, at that time
I will deal with all who afflict you;
I will save the lame,
And gather those who were driven out;
I will appoint them for praise and fame
In every land where they were put to shame.
20 At that time I will bring you back,
Even at the time I gather you;
For I will give you fame and praise
Among all the peoples of the earth,
When I return your captives before your eyes,”
Says the LORD.

I am thankful that God encourages in his word strength and not weakness. I can lean on him because he says he is my midst, right there with me in whatever I am going through.He is merciful and mighty and he is able to change and restore things for the better because he loves us. He does not want me to have fear because he is able and he keeps his word.

I am grateful that if we choose to keep God's commandments and laws that He is faithful to bless us in mighty ways. I am also grateful that God gives us the support to do His will so that He has opportunities to bless us.

Deuteronomy 30:15-16
“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the LORD your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.

I am very grateful for prayer. I often underestimate God' power through prayer but that's okay...all I have to have is faith the size of a mustard seed and the willingness to pray....
I prayed so hard today about employment to bolster my business and to pay pressing bills
prayed all night prayed all day and for my sisters on the forum

while doing an appearance today...I was offered a regular musician/artist work with the client till the end of 2008....which I needed desperately as I was turned down for a B job...but look what the Lord had lined up for me

and when I got home my booking agent who hasn't used me since I joined her agency last January called to tell me a school in Calif wants me for next April...for a spring Author Bookfair with other authors in all day workshop booksigning....she's trying ot get my close to my highest rate...over a 1,000....not incl transport and hotel

and then on my answering servce I was being granted an interview for a
teaching job which I can't take because of a schedule conflict and
who knows the Cali gig may fall through... but the Lord God got my attention in BIG way..that prayers are being heard...
as all three came in ..Monday

praying deeply all the way ..not to get stuff..but to be able to be of more service through HIS abundance
I was in such despair of life...... of everything today
until that offer came in for steady music work till the end of this year
and getting on the bus for home after my appearance and knowing that steady artist work was in my pocket.... a man everyone thought was crazy began speaking

Praise the Lord
the enemy came to kill and destroy ....but I have some that they may have life and have it more abundantly
Praise the Lord
God wants us to live in harmony,when you are lonely go to the Lord
and I'd been fighting with my bf lately and saying to him Harmony is one my fav words....
can't we have more of that?

and the man ended with Jeremiah 29.. I know the plans I have for you,,plans to prosper you
to give you a future with hope..he got interrupted but made sure to say the words again and clear PLANS TO PROSPER YOU
I thanked him he was so sincere and he looked at me and said you are special to the Lord

I wasn't the only one thanking him either

In my moments of fear, through ev'ry pain ev'ry tear
There's a God who's been faithful to me
When my strength was all gone, when my heart had no song
Still in love He's proved faithful to me
Ev'ry word He's promised is true
What I thought was impossible I've seen my God do
When my heart looked away, the many times I could not pray
Still my God He was faithful to me
The days I spent so selfishly, reaching out for what pleased me
Even then God was faithful to me
Ev'ry time I come back to Him
He is waiting with open arms and I see once again
He's been faithful, faithful to me
Looking back His love and mercy I see
Though in my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe
He's been faithful, faithful to me

"Be unceasing in prayer - praying perseveringly" (I Thessalonians 5:17, Amplified). Luke 18:1 (Amplified) says, "(Jesus) told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward - faint, lose heart and give up." What a magnificent verse! Acts 12:5 says, "So Peter was kept in prison; but fervent prayer for him was persistently made to God by the church (assembly)" (Amplified).

In these passages, we see the importance of human intercession on behalf of others. We need to beset God with repeated, insistent requests! That is prevailing prayer! God's power can only be released when His people leave the natural realm of response to life. We have to face our circumstances, testings, trials, opportunities, privileges, and our responsibilities with more than just a knowledge of doctrine.

May each difficulty that we encounter lead us to prayerful persistence on our knees. "For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" (Luke 11:10). God will truly answer and bring relief to those who will not cease to knock at the door of His heart.

And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Luke 11:5-10

Last edited:
Fantastic news, Kayte! God has definitely been moving in mighty ways. God blessed me to survive on one tank of gas and car that needs repair for the past 3 weeks (praise the Lord that today is payday and now I can get it fixed) but it just showed me that God hears and honors our prayers.

Good luck with your upcoming business opportunities. I hope that this is just the beginning of much more to come! :yep:

Kayte and Sashaa, both of your posts today really lifted my spirit and encouraged me when I needed it so much. Truly prayer changes things and God sustains us. Kayte, I am happy to hear of your new opportunities and Sashaa your experience made me think of the widow's oil which didn't run out.

Kayte and Sashaa, both of your posts today really lifted my spirit and encouraged me when I needed it so much. Truly prayer changes things and God sustains us. Kayte, I am happy to hear of your new opportunities and Sashaa your experience made me think of the widow's oil which didn't run out.

That's exactly what I thought of too. I actually remember you posting that passage of verses in this thread earlier and believe me, I was leaning and praying on those verses hard!! Thank you!

I am so grateful for all of my sisters who post here-Kayte, Ultrasuedea, HighlyFavored, Mitcy, PinkPebbles, Jenae--you all keep me encouraged and hopeful! (I listed the names by memory so if I forgot anyone charge my head and not my heart-I appreciate everyone!)

Ladies this is Awesome News^^^^!!!

Kayte- I'm soooo happy for you...words cannot describe my excitement!
I look forward to more of your testimonies because you will have many! Through your trials, tribulations, and perseverance you were able to pull others up from despair / hopelessness :kiss:.

I'm grateful that God has opened up windows and doors for you (Kayte, Sashaa & many others). May His divine connections and favor continue to be upon you all :rosebud:.

God always show up on time...He will never leave nor forsake us!

Thank you for all for blessed support! This thread has been /is a life saver!
The book fair arrangements were not able to be worked out and that happens all the time .....things fall through.....but I still have my blessings of steady music work to see me through building my business....
I am grateful for the gift of waiting in faith for the better & perfect author appearance opportunities.... God won't let me down

Isaiah Encouraging All to Wait on the Lord
Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength…And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; and I will hope in Him…And it will be said in that day: "Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 40:31; 8:17; 25:9)

Isaiah's desire to live by grace was evident in his proclaiming that God's power was available for those who would admit their own weakness. Now, we see Isaiah's heart for God's grace in his encouraging all to wait on the Lord.

One of Isaiah's encouragements to wait on the Lord came in conjunction with God's promises to give power to the weak. "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength…They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:29, 31). This gracious work of God in people's lives hinged upon their waiting on the Lord. "Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength."

Isaiah's ultimate encouragement to wait on the Lord is related to God's establishing of His everlasting kingdom. "And it will be said in that day: 'Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation'." Those who place their hope in the Lord during their pilgrimage on earth will eventually rejoice forever when the Lord eternally implements the fullness of his salvation for His people!

Dear Lord, I am aware of my utter weakness, so I wait on You for Your strength and stamina. At times, I am intimidated by rebellious people, so I wait on You for protection and vindication. I have experienced so many earthly heartbreaks, so I wait on You for the joy and gladness of Your everlasting kingdom here on earth and hereafter.

Reward Is Certain

Amen! :yep: Wait on the Lord, sisters, because what He has in store for you is worth the wait!

Thank you for all for blessed support! This thread has been /is a life saver!
The book fair arrangements were not able to be worked out and that happens all the time .....things fall through.....but I still have my blessings of steady music work to see me through building my business....
I am grateful for the gift of waiting in faith for the better & perfect author appearance opportunities.... God won't let me down

Isaiah Encouraging All to Wait on the Lord
Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength…And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; and I will hope in Him…And it will be said in that day: "Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 40:31; 8:17; 25:9)

Isaiah's desire to live by grace was evident in his proclaiming that God's power was available for those who would admit their own weakness. Now, we see Isaiah's heart for God's grace in his encouraging all to wait on the Lord.

One of Isaiah's encouragements to wait on the Lord came in conjunction with God's promises to give power to the weak. "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength…They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:29, 31). This gracious work of God in people's lives hinged upon their waiting on the Lord. "Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength."

Isaiah's ultimate encouragement to wait on the Lord is related to God's establishing of His everlasting kingdom. "And it will be said in that day: 'Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation'." Those who place their hope in the Lord during their pilgrimage on earth will eventually rejoice forever when the Lord eternally implements the fullness of his salvation for His people!

Dear Lord, I am aware of my utter weakness, so I wait on You for Your strength and stamina. At times, I am intimidated by rebellious people, so I wait on You for protection and vindication. I have experienced so many earthly heartbreaks, so I wait on You for the joy and gladness of Your everlasting kingdom here on earth and hereafter.

Reward Is Certain

Last edited:
Phillipians 2:1:5
1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus

I am thankful today for wonderful thought provoking posts,testimonies , and gratitudes posted today. So very inspiring and so I too wait upon the Lord.

I am grateful to BELIEVE
Thank God.. I am a believer and His child and have an inheritance

Romans 15:2-13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I am grateful that we are being persistent in pursuit of our harvests and I am even more grateful that when our harvest comes in, we will be able to encourage others. I can't wait to see the fruits of my labor-it will really be like a "tree of life"-a renewing and refreshing of my spirit and energy!

Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.

Psalm 62
A psalm of David.
1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?

4 They fully intend to topple him
from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.
Selah

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

7 My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah

9 Lowborn men are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie;
if weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.

10 Do not trust in extortion
or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.

11 One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,

12 and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.

I am thankful today because my soul finds rest in the Lord and I am going to trust him at all times.

Expressing gratitude for the Christian Forum and the mods and Beverly and all LHCF sisters...
Thank you..this has been a important blessing and enriched my life significantly :)

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Last edited:
Isaiah 53
1 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

11 After the suffering of his soul,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied ;
by his knowledge [f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

I am thankful today that God loved us enough to send his son Jesus into the world to intercede for us.

I am grateful that I recommit to walk with the Lord and take the risks to answer His calling and that the Lord has promised me the power of
a double portion...of power of love of beauty of everything that was taken from restored ..double

1 Samuel 1:5
1 Samuel 1:5 - ... But to Hannah he gave a double portion because he loved her

Deuteronomy 21:17
"But he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the beginning of his strength; to him belongs the right of the firstborn.

"Isaiah 61:7"Instead of your shame you shall have double honor - and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double - everlasting joy shall be theirs.

7 Instead of your shame
you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.

2 Kings 2:1-15: Elisha said, “Please let me inherit a double portion of your spirit.” And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me."

ELISHA
: And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over (2 Kings 2:14).

Elisha was a prophet with a passion for power. Most of us would have settled for ten percent of the power of Elijah, but not Elisha. He demanded a double portion...twice the power of that great prophet. And God gave him his desire.

Too many start out well in the Christian life, longing for a closer walk with Christ each day and seeking His power, only to finally settle down in a Christian routine that is neither hot nor cold. Vance Havner has written: "I have often been reminded of the wild duck that came down on migration into a barnyard and liked it so well that he stayed there. In the fall his erstwhile companions passed overhead and his first impulse was to rise and join them, but he had fed too well and could rise no higher than the eaves of the barn. The day came when his old fellow travelers could pass overhead without his even hearing their call. I have seen men and women who once mounted up with wings like eagles but are now content to live in the barnyard of this world. Sometimes, in a good oldfashioned meeting under powerful preaching they may have a momentary impulse to sing the song of saints on higher ground.

'My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay.'

But they have fed too well down here and the day comes when they no longer respond to the call from on high. It is a tragic thing to settle in the barnyard of this world."

But let's back up for a moment to Elisha. When you read 2 Kings as it relates to Elisha's ministry, you could pretty much put his accomplishments in Isaiah and find a good fit! He raised a widow's son. He healed a leper. He provided food and deliverance for an entire city. He even judged an unrighteous king and queen and set a new course for a nation. Even after his death, his bones brought life to a man who had fallen in battle. This is the power of the double portion and we see it all over Isaiah 61! Freedom, good news, healing, the favor of the Lord, praise, righteousness, and a whole new way of living are just some of the things we find here-glory to God!!

This is what God wants to accomplish in your life! He wants to show himself strong on your behalf and reveal all his goodness and mercy to you! The double portion is your inheritance in Christ but how do you come to receive it? If God has worked all these wonderful things for us, when do we get to share in them and not just dream about them?

“Return to the stronghold, O prisoners who have hope. This very day I am declaring that I will restore double to you.” (Zechariah 9:12)

TODAY I DECLARE THAT I WILL RESTORE TO YOU DOUBLE."
--ZECH. 9:12 RSV

No matter what has been taken away from you, no matter what you’ve lost or experienced in the past, if you give it over to God, He will return to you more than you could ask or imagine. He’ll make things right and give you more than what was lost or stolen. The Bible says that when you put your hope in God, He blesses you with a double portion. God wants to multiply your joy, peace, wisdom, health, finances — a double portion of His favor in every area of your life! The first step in moving forward into this fresh future is forgetting the disappointments of yesterday. It’s time to turn loose those disappointments of your past and reach out in faith to God’s abundant future

Last edited:
This is the year of starting over in your business, or in your marriage, ministry, church, and more. You're not going to keep going around the same mountain. That season is over! Completion! It's a year of opportunity and grace. You're going to get it right this time! You're going to find something new happening in your life!

So, once again, don't settle or be satisfied with those things that are "good" in your life. There is so much more. Be hungry; be desperate. Take it to the next level. Set a goal. Crank it up to the next level in your goals, in your ministry, in reaping souls, in your faith, in your vision. Remember, every time you go higher God will meet you there. That's His promise!

"Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs" (Isaiah 61:7).

Instead of shame, it's double honor! Listen. If you have any shame it's going to leave because of restoration; God is going to release miraculous restoration! You're going to have double honor. Honor is favor, esteem and respect. Instead of confusion you will rejoice in your portion. As you live in the land, it's double joy!

What's more, did you know that every first born son, biblically, had the inherited right to receive the double portion? Here's how this applies to you and me.

Since Jesus Christ is the first born, raised from the dead, and you have been made a joint heir with Him, you have the first born right to double portion. You actually have the right to "make a demand" on your Heavenly Father to restore and bring forth double portion inheritance and blessing in every area of your life. You have the right to live in blessing, in double honor, in double joy, and double goodness. You have the biblical right in Christ to receive the double portion blessing of the Father.

When the patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, released the first born inheritance, all they did was release the blessing, speak the word, give the impartation, and God made sure it manifested in the life
He will be the one that commands whatever He needs to command in your circumstances to bring you the double.

There are times and seasons of life for us where we face choices and when we follow the right leading of his voice we find God greater than we even thought He could be!
The double portion is not about stuff. The double portion is all about reaching out for the part of God that nobody else gets! It is about reaching higher and believing greater and asking more aggressively for God and his presence and power than the natural mind can conceive!
The Lord has a brilliant future kept in store for you. If the Lord resides in your heart, you will be able to climb up to the above everything. The Lord will certainly bless you with a double portion of material and spiritual blessings

"Then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the Lord blessed him." (Genesis 26:12)
Friend, the Lord desires to bless each one of you in a similar manner.
Only when we utilize all the opportunities given to us by the Lord with all our heart and mind, does the Lord honour us and exalt us. [/FONT][/COLOR]

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

Everyday, as you read the Bible, you must pray to God that all the promises of God should be fulfilled in your personal life. Ask God importunately, "Lord grant to me a double portion of Thy blessings, not only in my temporal life, in my academic studies, in my professional life, in my family life, but also in my spiritual life."

First ensure that the pathway leading you to God is clear of any impediments that it is holy. Always realize that God Himself is the source of all your blessings. Further, do not be content with the blessings you have already received. Roar and cry out to God to lift you up higher and higher. The Lord will hear your cry. He will give you a double portion of blessings.

Prayer:
Loving Heavenly Father,
You are the Lord who answers our prayers. You are the source of all blessing. I desire to be filled with Your Spirit. Grant me the double portion of anointing and blessing in my life. I believe that with You as my guide and strength, I will be able to go higher in my life. Satisfy my desire and guide me to reach my destination successfully. In Jesus' matchless name, I pray.

Last edited:
Kayte, thank you for the encouraging messages today. Timely as always! It is good to know that we are promised a double portion (a.k.a. "double for your trouble") and that we have the right and privilege to have a new fresh start in every aspect of our lives. God is good and His mercy endureth forever!

I am grateful that God is my shepherd, that He restores my soul, that He causes my cup to runneth over, and that no matter where I go goodness and mercy will always follow me. He has done marvelous things!

Psalms 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

Psalm 105
1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

4 Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

5 Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

6 O descendants of Abraham his servant,
O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.

7 He is the LORD our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.

8 He remembers his covenant forever,
the word he commanded, for a thousand generations,

9 the covenant he made with Abraham,
the oath he swore to Isaac.

10 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree,
to Israel as an everlasting covenant:

11 "To you I will give the land of Canaan
as the portion you will inherit."

12 When they were but few in number,
few indeed, and strangers in it,

13 they wandered from nation to nation,
from one kingdom to another.

14 He allowed no one to oppress them;
for their sake he rebuked kings:

15 "Do not touch my anointed ones;
do my prophets no harm."

16 He called down famine on the land
and destroyed all their supplies of food;

17 and he sent a man before them—
Joseph, sold as a slave.

18 They bruised his feet with shackles,
his neck was put in irons,

19 till what he foretold came to pass,
till the word of the LORD proved him true.

20 The king sent and released him,
the ruler of peoples set him free.

21 He made him master of his household,
ruler over all he possessed,

22 to instruct his princes as he pleased
and teach his elders wisdom.

23 Then Israel entered Egypt;
Jacob lived as an alien in the land of Ham.

24 The LORD made his people very fruitful;
he made them too numerous for their foes,

25 whose hearts he turned to hate his people,
to conspire against his servants.

26 He sent Moses his servant,
and Aaron, whom he had chosen.

27 They performed his miraculous signs among them,
his wonders in the land of Ham.

28 He sent darkness and made the land dark—
for had they not rebelled against his words?

29 He turned their waters into blood,
causing their fish to die.

30 Their land teemed with frogs,
which went up into the bedrooms of their rulers.

31 He spoke, and there came swarms of flies,
and gnats throughout their country.

32 He turned their rain into hail,
with lightning throughout their land;

33 he struck down their vines and fig trees
and shattered the trees of their country.

34 He spoke, and the locusts came,
grasshoppers without number;

35 they ate up every green thing in their land,
ate up the produce of their soil.

36 Then he struck down all the firstborn in their land,
the firstfruits of all their manhood.

37 He brought out Israel, laden with silver and gold,
and from among their tribes no one faltered.

38 Egypt was glad when they left,
because dread of Israel had fallen on them.

39 He spread out a cloud as a covering,
and a fire to give light at night.

40 They asked, and he brought them quail
and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.

41 He opened the rock, and water gushed out;
like a river it flowed in the desert.

42 For he remembered his holy promise
given to his servant Abraham.

43 He brought out his people with rejoicing,
his chosen ones with shouts of joy;

44 he gave them the lands of the nations,
and they fell heir to what others had toiled for-

45 that they might keep his precepts
and observe his laws.
Praise the LORD.

I am thankful today for all my blessings including safety, good health, and daily provision. And I look forward to my double portion blessing. I am excited to know that I can and will have a double portion blessing. Praise the Lord!

Kayte, thank you for the encouraging messages today. Timely as always! It is good to know that we are promised a double portion (a.k.a. "double for your trouble") and that we have the right and privilege to have a new fresh start in every aspect of our lives. God is good and His mercy endureth forever!

Yes I agree this message was so on point and right on time.

2 Samuel 22
David's Song of Praise
1 David sang to the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. 2 He said:
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent men you save me.

4 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

5 "The waves of death swirled about me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.

6 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.

7 In my distress I called to the LORD;
I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.

8 "The earth trembled and quaked,
the foundations of the heavens [c] shook;
they trembled because he was angry.

9 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.

10 He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.

11 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared [d] on the wings of the wind.

12 He made darkness his canopy around him—
the dark [e] rain clouds of the sky.

13 Out of the brightness of his presence
bolts of lightning blazed forth.

14 The LORD thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.

15 He shot arrows and scattered the enemies ,
bolts of lightning and routed them.

16 The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at the rebuke of the LORD,
at the blast of breath from his nostrils.

17 "He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.

18 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.

19 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.

20 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.

21 "The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.

22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I have not done evil by turning from my God.

23 All his laws are before me;
I have not turned away from his decrees.

24 I have been blameless before him
and have kept myself from sin.

25 The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
according to my cleanness in his sight.

26 "To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,

27 to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.

28 You save the humble,
but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.

29 You are my lamp, O LORD;
the LORD turns my darkness into light.

30 With your help I can advance against a troop ;
with my God I can scale a wall.

31 "As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

32 For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?

33 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

34 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.

35 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

36 You give me your shield of victory;
you stoop down to make me great.

37 You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.

38 "I pursued my enemies and crushed them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed.

39 I crushed them completely, and they could not rise;
they fell beneath my feet.

40 You armed me with strength for battle;
you made my adversaries bow at my feet.

41 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
and I destroyed my foes.

42 They cried for help, but there was no one to save them—
to the LORD, but he did not answer.

43 I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth;
I pounded and trampled them like mud in the streets.

44 "You have delivered me from the attacks of my people;
you have preserved me as the head of nations.
People I did not know are subject to me,

45 and foreigners come cringing to me;
as soon as they hear me, they obey me.

46 They all lose heart;
they come trembling from their strongholds.

47 "The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!

48 He is the God who avenges me,
who puts the nations under me,

49 who sets me free from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
from violent men you rescued me.

50 Therefore I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;
I will sing praises to your name.

51 He gives his king great victories;
he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed,

to David and his descendants forever

I am thankful today that the Lord is my support, he fights my battles and that his way is perfect. And that he gave us his flawless word.

For some strange reason the phrase light in the darkness kept coming up
in my bible readings ..in everywhere and today...naturally in an online devotion And last night I dreamt about salt! it is was in my purse.. in my cell phone and I woke up and of course remembered the gospel about salt and the the phrase about light....how they are linked. As always ..my daily gratitudes/gratitude meditations are given to me daily from God
even if I do not understand...

So grateful for the light of God when sudden darkness arises
and grateful to see the light in others even as the Lord has called me not to hide my light but to let it shine

Salt and Light (Matthew 5:13-16)
Matthew 5:13-16:
You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? ... You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid... Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

In the first place, Christians are to be the salt of the earth. When we want to stress a person’s worth we often say that he or she is the salt of the earth. In the ancient world, salt was highly valued. The Greeks called salt divine. The Christian’s task is to be the salt of society, preserving, reconciling, adding taste, giving meaning where there is no meaning, giving hope where there is no hope. It is about the quality of life.

We are also called to be the light of the world.The New English Bible translates: ‘You are the light for all the world’. It means we are to be light in all aspects of the world’s life. It also means we are to be light for all the people of the world. It takes us out of our preoccupation with the welfare of the Christian community alone.

Jesus Christ is the real light which enlightens everyone.

Arise, shine, your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord rests upon you ...
nations will come to your light
and kings to the brightness of your dawn. (Isaiah 60:1,3)

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light;those who dwell in a land of deep darkness,
on them the light has shined. (Isaiah 9:2)

‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life’. (John 8:12)

Jesus Christ is the true light of all the world. He has lighted a light in the life of each one of his followers. Christian disciples are called to rise and shine. Christians are to be torch bearers in a dark world. One should not try to hide the light which God has lit in our lives. Rather we should shine so that others may see our good deeds and praise God; Shining does not mean self-propaganda, self-publicity, self-glorification, but bearing fruit in our life, bringing life and light to others. It is about our deeds in society -- in politics, in culture and in social life.

We all find ourselves in darkness at times, stumbling around and searching for light. Sometimes we bump into things that hurt us. During these times, we may feel as if we are lost. We may even think that God has abandoned us on our journey.

Turning to God and asking for help through the shadows will help us find our way. Our good and gracious God is always there, illuminating our lives and igniting the spark in each of us.

Last edited:
..I opened another online devotion...that I had to access from a different source
this was the devotion ..I only found and opened... this 3 hours... AFTER I posted my gratitude for today on Salt and Light and posted about my dream of salt
again... I don't understand but trust God..
wait yes I do
I re-read Ultrasuedea's post and the bible verses are simliar with the fight againt foes ,,and coming into light.. I am grateful we are coming into milk and honey into the light after darkness
into a large and expanded place and as God;s anointed we are the salt of the earth and His light
in the world
Thank you,Lord

Salt and Light in 'Egypt' by Dr. Warren Wiersbe
Read Psalm 105:24-45

Suppose you were an Egyptian during the time of Moses and Aaron. You lived through the plagues that came on your land because of the stubbornness of Pharaoh. What would be your response when you saw the Jews leave Egypt? The psalmist wrote, "Egypt was glad when they departed, for the fear of them had fallen upon them" (v. 38). I have no problem believing that at all. Furthermore, I suspect that when God's people depart from this world, when our Lord comes again, the world will be glad.

Egypt is a picture of the world. To the people of God (Israel), it was a place of slavery and monotonous toil. It also is flat and barren in many areas. But Canaan is a land of hills and valleys, a land of rain and fruitfulness, milk and honey. When you were saved, God removed you from Egypt, spiritually speaking. He put you into Canaan and said, "Enjoy all of these blessings."

Why was Egypt glad when Israel left? One thing is sure--the Egyptians were afraid. Israel was worshiping the true God, and their true God was showing His power through the plagues. Israel was an irritant to Egypt--like salt in a wound, like light that exposes evil. God used Israel to witness to Egypt, but it did not receive that witness.

Christians are salt and light. Sometimes we irritate people. Sometimes by our conduct we expose what is wrong. One of these days we are going to be gone. It could be today. Jesus Christ might return today and take His people home to glory. No more salt. No more light. But what then? Judgment. Let's remember that we have a job to do while we are waiting for our Lord to come.

One of the Church's responsibilities is to be light and salt in the world. Sometimes you affect others without being aware of it. Other times you have obvious opportunities to impact others for Christ. Can you think of opportunities to be salt and light in your daily routine? Ask God to use you to make a difference in someone's life today.

24 The LORD made his people very fruitful;
he made them too numerous for their foes,
25 whose hearts he turned to hate his people,
to conspire against his servants.

26 He sent Moses his servant,
and Aaron, whom he had chosen.

27 They performed his miraculous signs among them,
his wonders in the land of Ham.

28 He sent darkness and made the land dark—
for had they not rebelled against his words?

29 He turned their waters into blood,
causing their fish to die.

30 Their land teemed with frogs,
which went up into the bedrooms of their rulers.

31 He spoke, and there came swarms of flies,
and gnats throughout their country.

32 He turned their rain into hail,
with lightning throughout their land;

33 he struck down their vines and fig trees
and shattered the trees of their country.

34 He spoke, and the locusts came,
grasshoppers without number;

35 they ate up every green thing in their land,
ate up the produce of their soil.

36 Then he struck down all the firstborn in their land,
the firstfruits of all their manhood.

37 He brought out Israel, laden with silver and gold,
and from among their tribes no one faltered.

38 Egypt was glad when they left,
because dread of Israel had fallen on them.

39 He spread out a cloud as a covering,
and a fire to give light at night.

40 They asked, and he brought them quail
and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.

41 He opened the rock, and water gushed out;
like a river it flowed in the desert.

42 For he remembered his holy promise
given to his servant Abraham.

43 He brought out his people with rejoicing,
his chosen ones with shouts of joy;

44 he gave them the lands of the nations,
and they fell heir to what others had toiled for-

45 that they might keep his precepts
and observe his laws.
Praise the LORD. [a]

Last edited:
I am grateful that outside circumstances don't dictate the outcome-God is the author and finisher-this means He will get the last word!! I will continue to trust and have faith in Him, knowing that He will finish what He started.

Romans 1: 16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Back