Gratitude in the Gethsemane

Numbers 23:19-20 (New International Version)

19 God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

20 I have received a command to bless;
he has blessed, and I cannot change it.

I am thankful that when the Lord blesses us there is nothing or no one that can change or reverse our blessing.

Giving thanks for my breakthrough and DIVINE FAVOUR and reversal of curse tunred to BLESSING and given restoration from my Lord

Unexpected Breakthrough

[I]Isaiah 55:12 'You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thorn bush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed.' (NIV) [/i]

How do people know that God is real? Largely, through the witness of our lives. When we lay down our lives, offering ourselves as living sacrifices for him, he showers his favour upon us. Favour is visible blessing and success that can't be explained by virtue of our hard work, ingenuity or determination alone. Favour is, quite simply, heaven smiling on us in ways that attract attention. Favour causes people to become curious about us, which opens a door for us to 'make God famous' by telling what he has done for us. According to this promise in Isaiah, one of the signs of God's favour is that we will succeed where others have failed. We will break through barriers where others have met with nothing but frustration and heartache. Where others have known only a curse, we will see a blessing. In the book of Genesis, God pronounced a curse on the soil itself. He said that, because of the sin of Adam and Eve, the soil would bear fruit for them but only after much sweat and toil. What's more, thorns and thistles would grow up among their crops, so that they'd constantly be working to bring forth the fruit they needed. Here in Isaiah, God promises us, his people of faith, that as we live for him that curse will be reversed. He's speaking, at least on a metaphoric level, about turning failure into success and defeat into victory. God's people will, quite simply, be visibly operating under different conditions. I don't mean that Christians don't face the same pain and challenge faced by other people. No, in fact being a person of faith can cause you problem you didn't have before -- the opposition of others, for example. What I'm saying is that God will give us situations where we see amazing breakthroughs where others have been battling along for ages and finding only frustration. Believe for that creative idea you need. Seek God for that sudden inspiration you require. Go on, look for thorny situations to be replaced by beautiful groves of fruitful trees.

Prayer: 'Father, I know that I will face my share of challenges in this life. But I pray that you'll give me some significant breakthroughs, some unusual successes, so that others will see your special favour upon me and start to seek after you.'

Last edited:
Giving thanks for my breakthrough and DIVINE FAVOUR and reversal of curse tunred to BLESSING and given restoration from my Lord

Unexpected Breakthrough

[I]Isaiah 55:12 'You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thorn bush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed.' (NIV) [/i]

How do people know that God is real? Largely, through the witness of our lives. When we lay down our lives, offering ourselves as living sacrifices for him, he showers his favour upon us. Favour is visible blessing and success that can't be explained by virtue of our hard work, ingenuity or determination alone. Favour is, quite simply, heaven smiling on us in ways that attract attention. Favour causes people to become curious about us, which opens a door for us to 'make God famous' by telling what he has done for us. According to this promise in Isaiah, one of the signs of God's favour is that we will succeed where others have failed. We will break through barriers where others have met with nothing but frustration and heartache. Where others have known only a curse, we will see a blessing. In the book of Genesis, God pronounced a curse on the soil itself. He said that, because of the sin of Adam and Eve, the soil would bear fruit for them but only after much sweat and toil. What's more, thorns and thistles would grow up among their crops, so that they'd constantly be working to bring forth the fruit they needed. Here in Isaiah, God promises us, his people of faith, that as we live for him that curse will be reversed. He's speaking, at least on a metaphoric level, about turning failure into success and defeat into victory. God's people will, quite simply, be visibly operating under different conditions. I don't mean that Christians don't face the same pain and challenge faced by other people. No, in fact being a person of faith can cause you problem you didn't have before -- the opposition of others, for example. What I'm saying is that God will give us situations where we see amazing breakthroughs where others have been battling along for ages and finding only frustration. Believe for that creative idea you need. Seek God for that sudden inspiration you require. Go on, look for thorny situations to be replaced by beautiful groves of fruitful trees.

Prayer: 'Father, I know that I will face my share of challenges in this life. But I pray that you'll give me some significant breakthroughs, some unusual successes, so that others will see your special favour upon me and start to seek after you.'

Thanks Kayte, I really got a lot out of this very insightful post.

I am deeply grateful for my relationship with God ...nothing else compares..or
comes before God..not romance or career or family
God always first

Beloved of God
“Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.” Deuteronomy 33:12

Have you thought of yourself in that way, as the beloved of God? The word beloved means much loved, adored one, favorite, and darling; someone who is loved intensely. That is how God views you; you are His precious child, the one on whom His favor rests. You are the child He would do anything for. You are the son or daughter with whom He longs to spend time. You are the one He devotes His energies to because you are the child upon whom His hopes rest. When we think of ourselves in that light, we find security in that love and know, without a shadow of a doubt, that our Father will let nothing come into our path that will not be for our good. He will shield us from all that will injure us, and He will protect us from all harm. Just as a beloved child rests on his father’s shoulders, so we, who are the beloved of God, are carried by our Father when the going gets tough. It is in Him that we find rest as He carries us through the storms of life. Yes, we can rest in the security of such a Father!

Father, thank You for this promise. Thank You for making us Your beloved children. We are overwhelmed by that reality, but, oh, so happy that You have chosen us. Help us to run to You with all of life’s trials. Remind us that You will take care of us, protect us, and ultimately even carry us when we become weary. Thank You for being such a loving and caring Father. Thank You for giving us a safe resting place in this hectic world! Amen

Psalm 103 (New International Version)

Psalm 103
Of David.
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

6 The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.

7 He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:

8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.

9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;

12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;

16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-

18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.

19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.

20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.

21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.

22 Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

I am thankful unto the Lord for all his many benefits, his favor and continued positive progress.

[/B][/COLOR][/B]

[/B]

I am going to use this prayer! Thanks for sharing.

Today I am grateful that the days and blessings ahead of us are greater than those that are behind us.

Haggai 2:8-9 (NIV)
'The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty. 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty."

I love these two
I meditate on these two all the time.
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is our Lord God Almighty who was and is to come!
With All Creation I sing Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything and I will Adore you!

Praise God to Whom all Blessings Flow
Praise Him people here below
Praise Him all Ye Heavenly Hosts
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

Amos 9:14-15 (New International Version)

14 I will bring back my exiled people Israel;
they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them.
They will plant vineyards and drink their wine;
they will make gardens and eat their fruit.

15 I will plant Israel in their own land,
never again to be uprooted
from the land I have given them,"
says the LORD your God.

I am thankful that the Lord provides me with safety and the promise of restoration and blessings in all pertinent areas of life.

We fall down but we can get back up again,confess to our Lord......thanks be to God whose mercies are new every morning

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.

5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts [a] ;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.

14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.

16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 The sacrifices of God are [c] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

18 In your good pleasure make Zion prosper;
build up the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then there will be righteous sacrifices,
whole burnt offerings to delight you;
then bulls will be offered on your altar

Matthew 21:17-22 (New King James Version)

17 Then He left them and went out of the city to Bethany, and He lodged there.

The Fig Tree Withered

18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away.
The Lesson of the Withered Fig Tree

20 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither away so soon?”
21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

I am thankful today for the lessons of faith shown to us in the word of God.

When all seems lost and beyond repair our Lord makes the way where there was none
Grateful or divine intervention

Our Defender
“He is my defender; I will not be defeated.” Psalm 62:6

What is God doing when your life seems to be falling apart? Where is He when you’ve failed yet another time and the devil is laughing in your face? What does God do when we are crumpled in a heap on the floor feeling as if we can’t go on? He isn’t off in heaven shaking His head. He right there in the thick of it. He is fighting for us. Look up; do you see Him? He is pointing you to the corner and he is taking up the fight for you. Exodus 14:14 says, “The LORD will fight for you, you need only remain still.” Wow, that’s all I have to do, just be still and stay out of God’s way? His job is to fight for us; our job is to trust that He will do what we cannot. This is a hard lesson for us human beings to learn. We like to be in control. We like to think we can do it all. We have been brainwashed into thinking we should and we can if we try hard enough; but that is all subterfuge from the devil. He knows that if we face him alone we will lie in defeat; what we need to do is give up and let God take over. Just trust. Not take control. Not question. Not wrestle. Our job is to remain still, watch and pray. God will not be defeated! He will fight for us and He will be victorious! So, next time your life seems to be unraveling, pray. Pray and then stand back and watch your God fight the battle for you. Victory will be yours, for God will not be defeated!

Thank You, Father, for being our defender. Thank You for the reassurance that we do not have to fight the battle alone; that You are with us and will take over when we can no longer go on. You will be the victor and we will be right there by Your side, victorious also. Keep our focus on You, dear Lord. Be our protector and our defender. We praise You in advance for what You will do in our lives, for the victories that will be ours because of You. Thank You from the bottom of our hearts! Amen

In God's Time
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. (Habakkuk 2:3)

mercy may seem slow, but it is sure. The Lord in unfailing wisdom has appointed a time for the outgoing of His gracious power, and God's time is the best time. We are in a hurry; the vision of the blessings excites our desire and hastens our longings; but the Lord will keep His appointments. He never is before His time; He never is behind.
It is only a matter of patience, and we shall soon see for ourselves the faithfulness of the Lord. No promise of His shall fail; "it will not lie." No promise of His will be lost in silence; "it shall speak." What comfort it will speak to the believing ear! No promise of His shall need to be renewed like a bill which could not be paid on the day in which it fell due-"it will not tarry."

Come, my soul, canst thou not wait for thy God? Rest in Him and be still in unutterable peacefulness.

Last edited:
Today, I am just thankful that God forgives and even when we anger Him, He still loves us and desires that we return to Him.

Isaiah 12 (NIV)

In that day you will say:
"I will praise you, O LORD.
Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation."
With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.
In that day you will say:
"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done,
and proclaim that his name is exalted.
Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things;
let this be known to all the world.
Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,
for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."

Joshua 1:8-9 (New King James Version)

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

I am thankful today that our Lord promises to make us prosperous, give us good success, and to be with us wherever we go.

Today I am grateful that God chose me to witness this historic event that my ancestors prayed for and dared to dream of centuries ago. I am thankful that a God-fearing man has been elected by people of all ages and all races to lead this nation. There is truly nothing to hard for God.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Today I am grateful that God chose me to witness this historic event that my ancestors prayed for and dared to dream of centuries ago. I am thankful that a God-fearing man has been elected by people of all ages and all races to lead this nation. There is truly nothing to hard for God.

Amen!!!!!!!

I just thank you Lord for giving me a wonderful life that I forget is truly wonderful when I release all the complaints and that by our new president elect..gifted by your hands the future is more wonderful than we could have shaped by our own design

Jeremiah 29
4 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 "Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. 6 Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. 7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper." 8 Yes, this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: "Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. 9 They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them," declares the LORD.

10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

I thank God for constantly drawing me closer to Him, by giving discernment when it comes to certain things. I wasnt praising and honoring God like I should.:nono: I praise God for pressing these things on my heart. God gave me mercy and Grace, glory to God:yep:

Thank you God You are wonderful in all Your ways:grin:

Amen!!!!!!!

And let all the people say
Amen :)

I am grateful that I found an old necklace with Christian sign of the fish and two separate devotions after that which speak to the loaves and fishes miracle ...I prayed this morning for even God's crumbs and I am convinced and grateful the Lord is about to turn my loaves and fishes into Plenty and my crumbs into blessed Abundance and the smallest seeds
into miracle:yep:

Nehemiah 8:
9 When the people heard what the Law required, they were so moved that they began to cry. So Nehemiah, who was the governor, Ezra, the priest and scholar of the Law, and the Levites who were explaining the Law told all the people, "This day is holy to the LORD your God, so you are not to mourn or cry. 10Now go home and have a feast. Share your food and wine with those who don't have enough. Today is holy to our Lord, so don't be sad. The joy that the LORD gives you will make you strong."

I have strayed, but I thank my Heavenly Father for never giving up on me. For constantly showing me that nothing is too hard for Him to conquer. For constantly renewing my faith, and reaffirmming within me what really is important in life. Father, although i do no know what the next step I need to take to get my life in order, I am trusting YOU. I have no other choice. Hallelujah. Thank you Jesus....

Psalm 6:8-10 (New King James Version)

8 Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;
For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my supplication;
The LORD will receive my prayer.
10 Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;
Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly.

I am thankful today that the Lord hears and receives our prayers and turns our weeping into joy.That he can fill our mouth with laughter and our tongue with singing.

Psalm 126
A Song of Ascents.
1 When the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The LORD has done great things for them.”
3 The LORD has done great things for us,
And we are glad.

4 Bring back our captivity, O LORD,
As the streams in the South.

5 Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy.
6 He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.

I am thankful that at my weakest moments, God is my strength and He is my warrior.

Exodus 15:2-3 (NIV)

The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.
The LORD is a warrior;
the LORD is his name.

Luke 4:18-19 (New King James Version)

18 “ The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,[a]
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”

John 8:14-1

14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

I am thankful for the proof and witness of God's love that he sent his son our Lord Jesus into the world.

Rough time..but the Lord did take my loaves and fishes and gave me an appearance
for a good amount of money within hours after posting and Iam saying THANK YOU FOR MORE miracles

Beloved I would above all else that thy soul prospers as thy health prospers

Last edited:
Rough time..but the Lord did take my loaves and fishes and gave me an appearance
for a good amount of money within hours after posting and Iam saying THANK YOU FOR MORE miracles

That's great news Kayte. Praise the Lord!!

Praise the Lord!!!

Going through a rough time too but God touched someone and they gave me something for free just last night! Tithing definitely works! I was just thinking yesterday I didn't know how I was going to get everything that I needed to get with the small amount of money that I have left until pay day (next week) but God provided in an unexpected way!!

Going through a rough time too but God touched someone and they gave me something for free just last night! Tithing definitely works! I was just thinking yesterday I didn't know how I was going to get everything that I needed to get with the small amount of money that I have left until pay day (next week) but God provided in an unexpected way!!

Praise His Holy Name
His mercies are NEW every morning

Grateful for LOVE which is the fruit of the Spirit
God is LOVE
Thank God for love

If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2 NIV

In the Intensive Care waiting room

We keep saying that relationships are more important to us than anything else, but our actions don't show it. We constantly shortchange our friends and loved ones for the sake of money, or "getting ahead." Relationships are like flowers; if you don't nurture and protect them, they die. That's why Paul writes: "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit...look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others" (Php 2:3-4 NIV). Sometimes it takes heartache and crisis to remind us how irreplaceable the people in our lives are.

One author writes: "I have spent long hours in the Intensive Care waiting room watching anguished people, listening to urgent questions: 'Will my husband make it? Will my child walk again? How do you live without your companion of 30 years?' The Intensive Care waiting room is different from any other place in the world. And the people who wait are different. They can't do enough for each other. No one is rude. The distinctions of race and class melt away. The garbage man loves his wife as much as the university professor loves his, and everyone understands this. Each person pulls for everyone else. In the Intensive Care waiting room the world changes. Vanity and pretence vanish. The universe is focused on the doctor's next report. If only it will show improvement. Everyone knows that loving someone else is what life is all about. Could we learn to love like that, if we realized that every day of life, is like a day in the Intensive Care waiting room?"

Back