Giraffe neck....

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I was wondering if anyone else has a long neck like me....when I was a young girl one of my brother's used to call me giraffe neck. I would get mad at him but quite frankly he's right.... I measured it and it's 4 3/4 inches long :eek: with a neck that long my hair has to travel farther for me to reach my bsl goal. :perplexed From crown to bsl for me is 25 1/2 inches.

Anyone else? :ohwell:

Yeah, and it's funny cause I have a long neck and a round face... Picture that. I look like a freakin stick figure.

EMJAZZY,

This is funny to me because I was just thinking about this yesterday when I took my hair out of braids to start doing wash and gos. With the shrinkage and my long 4 1/2 inch neck, my hair looks super short to me (it's 5-6 inches all over...maybe 3-4 inches w/shrinkage).

I was thinking that if my neck was shorter and I was shorter (I'm 5'7) my hair would look a lot longer. I'm thinking of rockin a fierce pony puff instead of a wash and go so I can work with my giraffeness and show it off :lachen:.

Hmmm, I have the opposite problem. I feel like my neck is soooo short :nono: Whenever I snap a hair shot I always stretch my neck because I don't believe that I'm getting a true measurement. I see ladies with shoulder length hair and it saddens me because my hair is below shoulder length and it doesnt seem as long as these ladies hair. I think my neck is like 3 inches.

This is me all the way, I like my long neck though;) . I must say it made getting to BSL a whole lot harder:ohwell: . I have a short torso, but because my neck is long BSL is about 25 inches.

I am not very tall, but I do have a long neck. It used to bother me, but now I realize that it is longer to have a long neck than no neck.

I have a long neck, too. Although, it's somewhat disproportionately thin.:ohwell: I rather like it, though, because it makes me distinctive. It’s why I prefer up-dos and necklace chokers to show it off. I’m not very tall, about 5’5”, but I feel more graceful with my "swan" neck. If my hair has to travel a little further, to me it’s always been a fair trade-off. Many cultures around the world love long-necked sistas! :woot:

Legend said:
I have a long neck, too. Although, it's somewhat disproportionately thin.:ohwell: I rather like it, though, because it makes me distinctive. It’s why I prefer up-dos and necklace chokers to show it off. I’m not very tall, about 5’5”, but I feel more graceful with my "swan" neck. If my hair has to travel a little further, to me it’s always been a fair trade-off. Many cultures around the world love long-necked sistas! :woot:

Amen... it's def. a graceful & beautiful trait! i think mine is too short:perplexed

I feel ya! Mine is over 4 inches long also. When I was younger, my uncles used to call me "Gooseneck". However, I've always considered it one of my best assets, and my man adores it too... :censored: So what if we have an extra inch or two to cover to BSL, etc. It's all good!

It's called a glamourous neck and I would love to have one. I think no necks is very unattractive.

Back