Getting my hair pulled by stranger in the bus!!!!!

BlackHairDiva

I was in the bus today, minding my own business and this sister walks and sits behind me. I had my hair up and then decided to leave it down. Some my hair must have been semi folded and not completely laid down. All of a sudden I feel a small portion of my hair strands being pulled slowly and then rapidly i felt clearly someone PULLING! :pyro: I turned around and the look I had on my face:bat: must of made that woman scared like crazy...she jumped back in her seat and I didn't even get a chance to open my mouth and she was already saying:" :eek:OMG! :eek: I'm sorry , I'm so so sorry!..sorry sorry."

I was ready to let her have it:whip:!!!! Why in the world...!?!? You see someone with nice hair.. DON'T YANK the hair to see if its real!!! So darn rude!!!!

I was in the bus today, minding my own business and this sister walks and sits behind me. I had my hair up and then decided to leave it down. Some my hair must have been semi folded and not completely laid down. All of a sudden I feel a small portion of my hair strands being pulled slowly and then rapidly i felt clearly someone PULLING! :pyro: I turned around and the look I had on my face:bat: must of made that woman scared like crazy...she jumped back in her seat and I didn't even get a chance to open my mouth and she was already saying:" :eek:OMG! :eek: I'm sorry , I'm so so sorry!..sorry sorry."

I was ready to let her have it:whip:!!!! Why in the world...!?!? You see someone with nice hair.. DON'T YANK the hair to see if its real!!! So darn rude!!!!
That's beyond rude! THAT'S JUST PLAIN OLD IGNORANT!!! She's lucky you didn't slap the ish out of her!:hardslap:

I swear, some people just have no class. I bet if it happened to her, you would see how quick she would be ready to beat someone down. Ugh, just rude!

:nono: How tacky of her... she KNEW she was wrong... hence the rapid-fire apologies.

This is a good reason to keep your hair up when in public. :ohwell: I'm not saying you don't have the right to wear it down, but having it up cuts down on the psychos.

Geeeez! folks and public transportation, that's why I need me a car. Luckily my hair aint nothing too special right now so I have some time.

So... um... how much did it cost you to get bailed out?

Where was this so I can make sure I don't ride the bus? Man I am telling yall my reflexes will have someone laid out for pulling some mess like that. Q

So... um... how much did it cost you to get bailed out?

I love it :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

People are straight crazy!! If if was a wig or a weave?? Hello major exposure and potentially f'up tracks. WTF.

I'm always amazed, especially when its one of our own.

The one thing we know is that she's not on the LHCF or she would have said Girl, Are you Niko's cousin?

Geeeez! folks and public transportation, that's why I need me a car. Luckily my hair aint nothing too special right now so I have some time.

I was thinking the same thing about my hair...I just got my big cut and its a little pass my shoulders. But that didn't stop me from being a victim...If you hair looks healthy its over.:nono:

Where was this so I can make sure I don't ride the bus? Man I am telling yall my reflexes will have someone laid out for pulling some mess like that. Q

Ottawa Ontario...Hair pulled by a women that appeared to Somalian:nono: I thought they had the hair thing down pack(i.e healthy regiment, long hair wasn't a big deal, etc)...This adds to the confusion. Couldn't see her hair cause she was wearing Hijab/scarf. She was the last person on earth that I expected to pull something like this.

Last edited:
Ottawa Ontario...Hair pulled by a women that appeared to Somalian:nono: I thought they had the hair thing down pack(i.e healthy regiment, long hair wasne't a big deal, etc)...This adds to the confusion. Couldn't see her hair cause she was wearing Hijab/scarf. She was the last person on earth that I expected to pull something like this.

Haven't been to the capital in a long time!!!

This is why I drive. I can't stand people in my personal space. This makes me so mad!

I was just thinking the same thing. She would've been clocked in 2 seconds flat.:hardslap:

These people must have lost their minds or something! I ride the bus systems too, but I try to sit at the very back of the bus because I get paranoid when people sit behind me. And if someone is sitting behind me I make sure my hair is bunned up and out of way so that no one "accidentally" gets gum in my hair or yanks the living daylights out of it. It's truly sad :nono:.

Y'all some hardcore women :lol:

My first thought was, is she an older woman? It kinda seems like she was trying to fix your hair for you. Like when a person pulls a piece of lint out of your hair or straightens your collar.

Not that it's an excuse. Trying to figure it out.

I would have looked at the woman like she was crazy and I would've probably said something, but imo simply pulling at a small section of my hair is not quite grounds to beat someone down.

My first thought was, is she an older woman? It kinda seems like she was trying to fix your hair for you. Like when a person pulls a piece of lint out of your hair or straightens your collar.

I would have looked at the woman like she was crazy and I would've probably said something, but imo simply pulling at a small section of my hair is not quite grounds to beat someone down.

The OP said that it started off, at first, as small, slow tugs. Then the tugs became more rapid. And then it turned into outright pulling. Usually when people are trying to get lint out of your hair they will take it out and say "I was just getting some lint out of your hair" not repeatedly pull it and then when you turn around to see what the heck is up look at you surprised as if you didn't feel them tugging on your hair (which she probably thought was a weave). I'm happy that you have a good heart though and gave the woman the benefit of doubt :grin:.

The OP said that it started off, at first, as small, slow tugs. Then the tugs became more rapid. And then it turned into outright pulling. Usually when people are trying to get lint out of your hair they will take it out and say "I was just getting some lint out of your hair" not repeatedly pull it and then when you turn around to see what the heck is up look at you surprised as if you didn't feel them tugging on your hair (which she probably thought was a weave). I'm happy that you have a good heart though and gave the woman the benefit of doubt :grin:.

:lol: Well, I guess she was crazy then.

Nah, it's not that I'm a saint, but I was surprised to see people ready to fight. Maybe I'm a wimp but on my part it wouldn't have gotten past "WTF is WRONG with you?!" But I wouldn't have initiated a fight.

:lol: Well, I guess she was crazy then.

Nah, it's not that I'm a saint, but I was surprised to see people ready to fight. Maybe I'm a wimp but on my part it wouldn't have gotten past "WTF is WRONG with you?!" But I wouldn't have initiated a fight.

I'm with you on that one. I don't think any of the ladies would literally fight, but they'd probably give her more than a piece of their mind. I don't have the moxy or the energy :lachen:. I would have turned around, looked at her in shock, and when she apologized obsessively like that I would have deduced she was atleast 12 different kinds of crazy and sat somewhere else :lachen:. I don't want to set anyone off so that they don't come looking for me with a pack of chewing gum and a pair of scissors every time I ride the bus :nono:.

I have really quick reflexes. I guess it's from growing up in NY. I hit one of my kids once on accident. I don't get down with folks being up in my space and touching me without warning. I am the wrong person to sneak up on or to pull their hair. This little bad boy yanked my hair one day and before I knew it, I snatched him up and had him up against the wall by his neck. Yall pray for me. I'm not saying I would fight but I am pretty sure she would have got hit. Q

Last edited:
I wish that was the case but no. :nono: it was a young woman. She pulled it quickly at the end to the point It tilted my head back and I felt a pinch on my scalp.:perplexed

I just don't get why people do this.

So what if it is weave? You would be happy that you practically pulled someone's track out? Or just out of place?

Why!

I have family members do this all the time. Its like they are just amazed. I don't mind much, but a stranger pulling my hair would have annoyed me to no end.

I have really quick reflexes. I guess it's from growing up in NY. I hit one of my kids once on accident. I don't get down with folks being up in my space and touching me without warning. I am the wrong person to sneak up on or to pull their hair. This little bad boy yanked my hair one day and before I knew it, I snatched him up and had him up against the wall by his neck. Yall pray for me. I'm not saying I would fit but I am pretty sure she would have got hit. Q

Momma?? You didn't tell me you were on here :confused:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

That sounds like my mom word for word!

Back