Flying to SC tomorrow to meet my online BF...

I'm glad you were in inspired by your father to write this piece. He's in a better place now. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I visualized everything from your last posts. Keep it going. We're all rooting for ya.

detailed, poignant and honest.
Beautiful writing Eliza..I like you better than J California Cooper,actually.
fresh and unedited raw prose
shaped into story... that's impressive..
:)

Last edited:
You are absolutely amazing. I cannot WAIT to see your book(s) in print so I can buy them and read them over and over again. J. California Cooper is my favorite author as well and you remind me of her SO MUCH.

WOW! Your writing is great. You kept me up past my bedtime! Your father sounds like he was a great guy!

EB I just want to say thank you and thank God for your story. As always, i am awed at your talent and your style of storytelling. Keep up the good work.

Hey girlie, I knew it would be good! It's even better than the last draft I proofed. Your skill is really progressing. Keep up the good work. I am so proud of you right now.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really just a critic that's trying to get her hustle on and yes, ma'am I will cash your checks too!:lachen:

TTYL/LYLAS

detailed, poignant and honest.
Beautiful writing Eliza..I like you better than J California Cooper,actually.
fresh and unedited raw prose
shaped into story... that's impressive..
:)

Now that's a high compliment Kayte. Thank you much.

You are absolutely amazing. I cannot WAIT to see your book(s) in print so I can buy them and read them over and over again. J. California Cooper is my favorite author as well and you remind me of her SO MUCH.

Oh honey, from your mouth to God's ears. It's what I'm praying for.

Beautiful, I loved it. If it were any more I would be up all night reading until I was done. I love reading what you write. Be blessed during your time of healing.

Wow!!! I love it Eliza, I swear it was like I was there, I could hear the fencing hitting the house, hear the kids giggling at the Ocean...so raw an so real, thank you so much for sharing!!!

I'VE BEEn reading this thread for the last 2 hours trying to catch up from where i left off!

dyam this is good...going back to read more. Girl, you make me wanna find a man ASAP! I am on page 30 something..so sweet. There are good men out there for all of us.

MissJ, Sweetg, Chanel, MzShay and anyone else I may have missed. Thank you for the kind thoughts and comments.

You know I have my good days and I have my bad days. There are most days...in which I just don't believe my daddy is gone. That is what reality is for me. I'm just not ready to believe it.

I am sure some might find this odd, but me and my sister are not speaking now (well I just can't talk to her) because she insisted on questioning me on why I went to the VA cemetary to look for my dad. His grave is what I was looking for. But she felt compelled to tell me that those were only his remains and that he was with Jesus. I think...that...some people should just not talk when they don't have more to say.

No wonder I feel closer to the ladies on this site than my own sister. Jeesh! I swear my siblings make me want to just fold myself up like a note and stick myself in a book. To be read later when found by those who understand.

Aw Eliza, trust me I so understand your sentiments about family...I swear my sibling leaves me shrugging my shoulders daily, only to shake my head and suck my teeth to keep from saying the thoughts running through my head!

MissJ, Sweetg, Chanel, MzShay and anyone else I may have missed. Thank you for the kind thoughts and comments.

You know I have my good days and I have my bad days. There are most days...in which I just don't believe my daddy is gone. That is what reality is for me. I'm just not ready to believe it.

I am sure some might find this odd, but me and my sister are not speaking now (well I just can't talk to her) because she insisted on questioning me on why I went to the VA cemetary to look for my dad. His grave is what I was looking for. But she felt compelled to tell me that those were only his remains and that he was with Jesus. I think...that...some people should just not talk when they don't have more to say.

No wonder I feel closer to the ladies on this site than my own sister. Jeesh! I swear my siblings make me want to just fold myself up like a note and stick myself in a book. To be read later when found by those who understand.

Awww EB, I know how you feel. For the longest time I always knew my dad would be walking through the door with his briefcase smiling:nono:. With time the pain will lessen, and you will be okay:yep:.

This is for you :bighug:

I am am so sorry to hear about your dad Eliza :( I have not been keeping up with the thread and I stopped by to check for updates. My prayers are with you and your family.

sometimes people do not use enough tact when talking, or they feel everyone should feel like they do about a subject. i agree with you about family, sometimes your friends/associates can understand or have more in common with you than family. you are handling your grief the best way you know how.

danG! i love this. i am on page 84 and i am very late picking up my daughter frm mcdonalds.

sh**. ok, i will come back late....BG version anyone wanna PM me please??? danka!

Big Girl Versions....are coming.

Experiencing technical difficulties at the moment. I have everyone's email addy in Business Contact Manager. Well my laptop and my desktop crashed and I had not backed up the Outlook file since July. So now I have to go back and re-add everyone from there to now.

Bear with me...you know you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Hugs to you ElizaBlue! I'm sorry for your loss.

Co-signing.

To the first bolded part of your quote, my mom has the same problem with her sis. No matter what they can't get on the same page. To the second bolded part: Your writing is so magnificent, "fold myself up like a note..." my goodness that is beautiful.

Elizblue, my condolences to you and your family. I must appear to be so ignorant and self-centered. I didn't say it in my earlier posts because I didn't know/read about your dad until today. May God Bless you and your family.

It took me about 4-5 days to read this thread as i didn't want to skip any pages and wanted to really take it in.

Please keep your head up sis. You are truly and inspiration that we can overcome adversity and still smile.

Peace..G

Who God Bless..no man curse

what is BG version?

My my...well...how do I explain this? Big Girls do big girl things....

They are stories, other parts of stories that are extremely explicit. But, I like to think done very tastefully....yeah that's a good word, tastefully...wouldn't ya'll agree....lol.:lachen:

It's the uncensored version of my story. Actually it's the parts (markers) I left out so as not to get this thread shut down and padlocked...lol.

I send them out periodically and so I am told my BGO versions are to blame for at least one perhaps two of our sisters now awaiting spring deliveries.

There are also rumors that the BGO versions have led to engagements, kept husbands and SOs home, and just made for some overall good late night reading. A few folk mighta got in trouble trying to read the new installments at work.

So yeah...that's what the BGO is all about.

Back