Flip the Script: What's the one thing about your hair that others wish they had?

PaperClip

This is intended to be a positive, hair- and self-appreciation thread. Instead of looking over the fence at somebody else's stuff, list at least one thing about your hair that you always get complimented on, be it styling finesse, thickness, length, color, strength, etc.

How well I take care of it. People seem to automatically think I have all the hair care answers simply because how well I take care of my own hair :)

A lot of people compliment me on my hair color. It's kind of an off-black, but everyone says it's better than their boring brown.

RavenIvygurl said:
on the real tho, I can't participate in this thread. In time, in time.

You CAN participate in this thread!!! Y-O-U C-A-N!!!!!! You don't want me to go there on you and make you cry, do ya? ;) :p After I start reminding you about what to be grateful for about your hair today?

Ok, Raven... I don't know where you are in your hair life/journey or what you're doing, but how about this: how about the fact that you (and your hair) have the strength to start or restart something? I don't know.... but there is something good about your hair RIGHT NOW!!!!

I didn't add mine! :) Ok... here goes.... My hair (seems to) detangle VERY EASILY! Like as soon as the conditioner is on it, that Denman brush or detangling comb slides right through my hair after a 1-2 brief, half-hearted run throughs... and that's with ANY CONDITIONER....

RelaxerRehab said:
You CAN participate in this thread!!! Y-O-U C-A-N!!!!!! You don't want me to go there on you and make you cry, do ya? ;) :p After I start reminding you about what to be grateful for about your hair today?

Ok, Raven... I don't know where you are in your hair life/journey or what you're doing, but how about this: how about the fact that you (and your hair) have the strength to start or restart something? I don't know.... but there is something good about your hair RIGHT NOW!!!!

well i guess some people don't have hair at all. I have stuff to work with.:)

i don't have much to work with either. but once a hairdresser told me she loved my hair because it was so thick (to me it isn't). i was kinda surprised because people usually tell me i have "bad hair".

locabouthair said:
i don't have much to work with either. but once a hairdresser told me she loved my hair because it was so thick (to me it isn't). i was kinda surprised because people usually tell me i have "bad hair".

So, Loca.... who's report will you believe? Hint: believe the good report!;)

Thanks RelaxerRehab. I think that sometimes we go through so much with our hair, and we get sooo frustrated, that we DO forget about the positive things. So, thank you for starting this thread.:D

Okay, well most of my compliments are because of my hair's thickness and movement. It usually has a lot of body when I wear it down.

**It's really thick- i mean when it's not straightened or blowdried- I can not find my scalp!

** It grows fast

** It's really resilient (downright stubborn- but this thread is supposed to be positive;))

**The texture!

Last edited:
I complain about having fine strands too, but I love how willowy and wispy it is after it's freshly styled at the hairdressers.

Nice thread! :o

Definitely resilient!
With all that I've put my hair through, I'm amazed to still have any on my head! Gotta be grateful for that :)

Back