Feeling Guilty...

Te'TahHead

:perplexed

Hello all, allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Te'tahHead (pronounced "tae-tah-head"-this is a nickname given to me from Hubby who said I have a potatoe head :spinning:). I am a 23 year old wife and mother. I am an educator as well asa Master's student. I hope that you all will be courteous in extending myself and future newbies welcomings.

Okay, so, I am 4B/C with texlaxed hair. I do low heat (1-2 times every 3 months) AND I am stretching relaxers. I bun and protective style. I also DC and wash every week (using the KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo and KeraCare Humecto )and do a light protein treatment (every 2 weeks; Nexxus keraphix). The following week after a relaxer, I do Aphoghee and every 2 months or as needed I may do Emergencee.

So, when I do apply direct, I flat iron as well as blow dry.:ohwell: I know, I know. Well, I have the ceramic coated iron and a tourmaline blow dryer. Hubby and I just cannot afford to get a Sedu or anything like that. Times is'a rough!

Anywho, my last relaxer was October 12 and I am stretching until January 1st. That was the last time I blow fried my hair. Well, two days ago, hubby and I decided to go out of town and I wanted to be "pretty" and straightened, I also dusted. Well, now I feel extremely guilty. I am about 5.5 weeks post and I think it was too early for me to do this. There is no breakage or anything, but darn I feel so guilty....

How do you get over feeling so guilty? I have devoted almost 2 years in growing and maintaining my hair and when I do things like this, I feel guilty enough to cry, like I won't ever get to my desired length. I don't know if I need a break or what. Hubby is constantly saying 'babe, it is OKAY", but I think I am overly obsessed ( I tend to OCD over my body).

Well, I already bunned it and now I just feel blah. Please tell me I am not the only one.. What do you do to stop yourself from feeling guilty?:perplexed

ETA: Thank you for listening to the vent.

welcome! i'm glad you're taking good care of your hair. You grew it out in the first place to be able to enjoy it. So enjoy it. Feeling guilty won't get you anywhere. Flatironing your hair like you've been doing won't hurt your hair. You do all the necessary precautions and that's what matters. Your hair won't fall out.

Hey welcome! If you have problems putting down the scissors then I know what your going through. I use to trim my hair when I saw fit. Now that I set a goal for myself I won't be trimming my hair until I reach my goal or the girls I'm in the wsl challenge with me thinks it's ok. Don't trim your ends unless they are split or damaged. Hide the scissors from yourself. I think if you set a goal you would be less inclined to cut. The guilt will subside in a couple of days and you will be on your way. I use heat every now and then too but I had to stop the blow drying and started airdrying and my hair has been in better condition as a result.HHG!

Wow. Thank you ladies for your responses.

caribeandiva, I think That I have gotten so caught up in babying my hair, I won't allow it to "grow up". I need to but I don't feel like I can truly relax until i reach my desired length (waist) which will probably be another 2 years.

Supergirl, congrats. What did you study? I am studying EducationalLeadership.

MariposaSexyGirl, thank you. I wont my hair to be your length. It has been a minute since I trimmed, This time I dusted. It looks great. I dont think I am guilty because of the dusting, more so the heat and manipulation.

Thank you ladies.

Welcome Te'TahHead!!!

I make up for anything I do wrong by being extra pampering to my hair. This may mean an extra deep conditioning treatment with heat or pampering oil & scalp massage!

Just keep it rolling - it is easier to recover from the heat than if you played around with chemicals :nono: or the shears :nono: !

Happy Hair Growing, Curli

Welcome, Te'Tah head, I am currently a College Student now. I will obtain my AA next year and continue towards my BA and MA. Your hair is pretty, just keep doing the right things and you can enjoy it on occasssion without guilt. Again, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Welcome! I am a former teacher/educator :yep: In addition I am also texlaxed. I'm sorry to hear about your problem but don't worry! Worry brings on doubt and other qualities that you don't need. Your hair is beautiful so don't worry!

Back