Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

Hello ladies...i've been cowashing daily this week; I tried to go every few days before cowashing..but I just don't feel right when i don't cowash, lol. I've been using mostly TJ Nourish Spa for my cowashes this week.

Hey everyone! I cowashed tonight with my one of my staples - Herbal Essences Hydrolicious. This is by far my favorite cowash conditioner. Smells wonderful and detangles like a dream!

I'll be cowashing tonight. I hope I have some time to get some peppermint oil so I can add it to the conditioner.

@Aggie Do you find that the Vo5 streghtening conditioner actually strengthens? I've used it many times and I always feel like it strengthens but I don't see any strengthening ingredients so I'm thinking its a placebo effect lol idk

@LaFemmeNaturelle - Well the only ingredient I saw in the v05 strenthening conditioner that could possibly add strength is panthenol. Panthenol enhances the appearance and feel of hair, by increasing hair body, suppleness, or sheen, or by improving the texture of hair that has been damaged physically or by chemical treatment.

ETA: By the way, yes I do feel it strengthens my hair as well. I usually have to follow it up with a moisturizing cowash because of how strong it feels.

Last edited:
Just checkin in, I cowashed on Wed with WEN sweet almond mint. I used it as my conditioner and leave-in. I am pre-pooin tonight because I plan on clarifying my hair tomorrow and doing my monthly protein trt.

@ Ms. Verde I love ya hair!! What hair type are you, are natural or relaxed? Just asking I know you said you benefited from co-washing alot. I would like to try daily cowashing but I get so frustrated with the frizz, it's like no matter what I do I get frizzy throughout da day.

Cowashed with Lustrasilk shea butter and did a braid out :D

Think for this co washing session (verse the summer session) I'll try using conditioners with less cones. So less Tresemme ...

Cowashed this morning with TJ's Nourish Spa. Mrs. Verde I will use you as an example and post at the end of the week especially if I'm using the same conditioner daily.

I just cowashed with my Suave Awapuhi and Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter conditioner mix. I'm dc'ing now with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I was reeeeeally lazy this week and only cowashed and dc'ed once. I don't know what got into me. Anyone have any motivational messages for weeks where your hair (and other responsibilities) get the backseat because of laziness?

Cowashed this morning with vo5 Strengthening conditioner followed by Aussie Moist. I left the Aussie Moist on throughout my Insanity workout and will be washing it out later but I will be putting and leaving a tiny bit in for my deep moisture method.

Co washed with Vo5 raspberry one yesterday
starting to notice that only certain conditioners leave my hair with cleaner feeling, this conditioner left my hair feeling fresher.

Cowashed tonight with Garnier Length and Strength. I'm airdrying now and lovin' the smell of my hair!

jazzerz when I get hair lazy, I just think of how my hair looked before I started my HHJ and that usually does the trick. Matter of fact, I didn't feel like cowashing tonight but I know my hair needs it to stay on track with the moisture.

Checking in! So excited! First challenge and first check in!!! Whoohoo! So I been co washing everyother day so far with vo5 moisture milks. Loving it! Im going to co wash today after the gym and use my ltr leave in and moisturize and seal with wave nouveau and olive oil. My hair seems to like it so far!

Cowashed with TJ's Nourish Spa on Sunday & Monday. Cowashed with Komaza's Moku Conditioner this morning. My coils aren't as defined and as soft with this conditioner but I still like it alot.

Hey ladies! :wave:

I'm still in and still going strong. I started my cowash challenge 24 days ago (Sept. 11) and I've only missed 2 days of cowashing :grin:. This is the only challenge I can really stick to:lol:. At first I would wet my hair, add con, rinse, and then apply leave-in and seal, but that didn't last too long. It felt like I was just washing goodness down the drain. Now I wet my hair, apply con, and bun :look:. I rinse the next night or morning and do it again. I get more use out of my condishes that way :yep:, and (if I'm generous) my hair stays softer longer. The only time I don't leave the con in is when I use the Oatmeal and Honey con once a week as my protein.

My hair still doing good, but I did lose more hair than usual when I detangled last weekend. I'm pretty sure that's because of the fro I wore to work. The pick is not my friend :nono:. I'll know for sure when I do my hair again this weekend.

Happy hair growing everybody.

Getting ready to cowash with Vo5 Fresh Vanilla Bean....can't wait to shampoo!! My scalp hasn't seen shampoo in a month and its crying for sulfates lol

ckisland - Are you transitioning? Do you have relaxed ends still? The reason I ask is because I have been wanting to leave my conditioner in but an afraid that it won't work well with my relaxed ends. I guess I will have to try and do it on a weekend that I have no where to go, just in case.

I shampooed this morning and styled in a bun. Is it just me or does anyone else have to shampoo their hair one a week in order to curb an itchy scalp? I love cowashing but I must say that I still have to shampoo once a week to stop any itching.

ckisland - Are you transitioning? Do you have relaxed ends still? The reason I ask is because I have been wanting to leave my conditioner in but an afraid that it won't work well with my relaxed ends. I guess I will have to try and do it on a weekend that I have no where to go, just in case.

I shampooed this morning and styled in a bun. Is it just me or does anyone else have to shampoo their hair one a week in order to curb an itchy scalp? I love cowashing but I must say that I still have to shampoo once a week to stop any itching.

Well ya didn't ask me but I use diliuted Vo5 as my only leave in along with sunflower oil and I've used HE Hydralicious in the past and it works very well! Gonna go back to leaving in the HE this winter.

Oh yeah and when you co-wash, do you rub the conditioner in your scalp? My scalp is never itchy once I stopped putting anything except shampoos and oils on it.

Well ya didn't ask me but I use diliuted Vo5 as my only leave in along with sunflower oil and I've used HE Hydralicious in the past and it works very well! Gonna go back to leaving in the HE this winter.

Oh, ok. Maybe I will try it diluted then. I am anxious to see how my hair looks with leaving in the conditioner.

Oh yeah and when you co-wash, do you rub the conditioner in your scalp? My scalp is never itchy once I stopped putting anything except shampoos and oils on it.

You know what, that may be the problem. When I cowash, I use it just like I would a shampoo (apply directly onto the scalp, massage in, and rinse out). I also put oils and moisturizers on my scalp every day. **sigh** I guess I will have to adjust to only putting it on my hair and see how it turns out.

*Joined*

I really fell off the bandwagon for a good 3 or 4 months. Wasn't taking care of my hair very well at all.

I co wash once a week with V05 (Moisture Milks or Tea Therapy)

I add a half teaspoon of salt to about a cup of conditioner - helps to clean a little better than conditioner alone while still keeping the hair moisturized for me.

Then I DC and style.

I fail off *climbs back on* I just got some moisture milks and it smells divine yummy and feels very moisturizing. Also if anyone uses hello hydration or hair one olive oil cleansing cream I have some I can send (dont wanna throw it away but I rather co wash with vo5 or diluted giovanni their the only ones thin enough to rinse clean for me and no cones :). Are there many moisture milks? I only have strawberry & cream.

I notice I can't use conditioners like shampoos I can't message my scalp with it.. just get build up.. unless its Vo5 which never seems to leave build up

Co washed with Sauve aloe and water lily :2inlove:

I fail off *climbs back on* I just got some moisture milks and it smells divine yummy and feels very moisturizing. Also if anyone uses hello hydration or hair one olive oil cleansing cream I have some I can send (dont wanna throw it away but I rather co wash with vo5 or diluted giovanni their the only ones thin enough to rinse clean for me and no cones :). Are there many moisture milks? I only have strawberry & cream.

Passion Fruit Smoothie is one i think..

Last edited:
Back