Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

Cowashed tonight using the last of my Skala Jamborandi conditioner. Man that didn't last very long :lol: Time to pick another out of my collection. Should I stick with Skala or switch over to Suave? Decisions...decisions.

Hi ladies:

I've been cowashing daily this week with various conditioners. One I've been using a lot this week is Devacurl One Conditioner. Very good and hydrates my curls. I haven't had much shedding or problems detangling. So far so good :)

Cowashed tonight with HE LTR. Great smell and detangled nicely in the shower, but my hair was a bit tangly (sp?) after I applied my leave-ins. Not sure if it's the condish or just that I have more NG. Stay tuned.

Will be cowashing tonight...probably going to finish up with this old Biolage conditioner that I have with a bit of peppermint oil and olive oil.

Co-washed this morning with Skala Jaborandi, used the Skala aloe vera masque as a leave-in and wet bunned.

@ckisland - Are you transitioning? Do you have relaxed ends still? The reason I ask is because I have been wanting to leave my conditioner in but an afraid that it won't work well with my relaxed ends. I guess I will have to try and do it on a weekend that I have no where to go, just in case.

I shampooed this morning and styled in a bun. Is it just me or does anyone else have to shampoo their hair one a week in order to curb an itchy scalp? I love cowashing but I must say that I still have to shampoo once a week to stop any itching.

I'm completely natural, so my ends love the extra moisture and richness conditioner seems to provide. I don't know personally how well it works with relaxed hair, but there are some relaxed ladies who do the same thing I do. HTH

I have to order more conditioner!!! I'm done with what was left of my Honey Rinse and I think I have maybe 2 weeks (probably 1) of Pumpkin con left! :blush: I also want to get some kind of creamy-buttery something to seal with. Also, I'm going to wear my hair down on Saturaday. . . 'cause I want to be cute for this weekend :grin:.

Last edited:
An_gell
I'm natural. I'm not really sure my hair type. Like most people I have different textures on my head. I'm heavy-handed with the conditioner, so I don't get a lot of frizz. Co-washing has really helped my retain moisture.

Just checking in haven't posted since last week. I'm still co-washing, I pooed this past saturday, but on Monday I co-washed with HE LTR mixed with olive oil. I skipped Wed co-wash, and instead I co-washed on Thursday with Suave Coconut conditioner which I added a lil olive oil to great slip. I received my Hairveda order finally so I pre-oiled my hair with the Vatika oil before I cowashd yesterday. I'm learning the less products I put on my hair after a co-wash the better my styles are the next day.

Co-washing today. Gonna apply a amala/fenugreek paste and wash out with the Hairveda amala cream rinse.

Last edited:
Co-washed tonite DCed on dry hair with Pantene Beautiful lengths and vatika frosting, then used Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner mixed with olive oil to wash. Loved it mega slip my hair is getting so thick.

Thanks sunnieb for the motivation. Your hair is gorgeous!

I co-washed today with Suave Awaphui and Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter Conditioner. I'm DCing now with ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

Co washed with Vo5 strawberry and milk again, used clarifying conditioner before hand to clean my scalp better. I know i could never be the person who can depend on only co washing to do most of the cleaning :(

Tuesday night cowash is done. Used the last of one bottle of my V05 conditioner collection. Onto the next!

Cowashed with Coconut Curls Curlada,Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner,and Renpure Organics Amazing Miracle Deep Penetrating Reconstructor over the past few days.

Co-Washed today w/Claudie Revitalizer Deep Moisturizing Conditioner

Shay72

Is there a DC Challenge for Fall/Winter? Or does the other one last all year?

Just checking in!I been cowashing every week so far and extras in between today I tried something new, I added suave humectant conditioner to my cowash regimen, now I used v05 strawberry and cream, he hello hydration and the suave humectant while in the shower! I love how my hair feels!! I been noticing my hair getting fuller and I have like a inch or more of new growth!! Yay!!

I co-washed tonight with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut. That stuff was sooooo good! Man oh man my hair is so soft. I still havent shampooed and don't know when I will.

Cowashed this morning after leaving condish in hair overnight. Will probably be cowashing again tonight so that I can restyle my hair in flat two strand twists. Going to get me some more VO5 and olive oil.

I just finished ayur-cowashing my hair and now I have my DMM treatment (deep conditioner) on my braided hair for the week. My hair is feeling a little differently (build-up I think) now so I may need to clarify it on the next wash day.

Back