Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

i would like to join- i use v05, sauve humectant, nexxus humectress, ntm, dove intense therapy, victoria secret so sexy, organix vanilla silk, mane n tail, and herbal essences hello hydration conditioners and i will probably try some others to see if i like them. I will continue to co-wash 1-3x per week. Ive been co-washing for the past year already.

Last edited:
Just co-washed with Vo5 French Vanilla Bean again. Looks like I'll be done with this conditioner sooner than the end of October...but the smell no longer bothers me and the slip is good!

I cowashed with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship tonight. Since this is the first time I've used this, I'll wait until I use it again to give a full review.

i cowshed with AO GPB last night and really want to do another cw today.

it's great to see so many people excited about their cowashing!

MsSonya, i'm so glad you're here! my hair wants to grow up to be like the ponytails Dragon_Of_Vaeros has, too!

Just cowashed my hair yesterday and did a flat two strand twist set. I'm loving the more I do them, the better they turn out. Still a little disappointed with the shrinkage but I won't be as soon as I can have it hit my shoulders. I love the curls! I used Garnier Fructis (trying to finish this nonsense) for the cowash and followed up with a deep conditioner using Jane Carter. Then I applied DE leave-in sealing with Hydratherma Hair Growth Oil. As a styling product, I used Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue. I love the smell of that! I feel my hair is dryer ever since I started using the DE line versus when I was just using the entire Jane Carter line. I am going to try DE's natural line first and then if that is a no-go, I will quickly be going back to Jane Carter. KUTGW ladies. I'll be checking in again Friday as that is when I will be doing another cowash (I plan to shampoo Tuesday night).

So ladies, I have about 4 conditioners to use up that have cones. I'm thinking about using these now since the weather is getting cold. My hair prefers no cones and I know because it retains moisture much longer. But here's my logic: my hair will lose moisture faster being in the cold weather so maybe these heavier conditioners with cones will slow the rate at which I lose moisture. So I will still co-wash 2-3 times a week but it would just be with the cone conditioners. I know I'll have to actually shampoo more often which is the only downside. I'll see if I can get away with shampooing once or twice a month. Wish me luck and I hope I don't have a set back lol I shouldn't tho because I just started the no-cone regimen within the past few months. So after I finish this Vo5, I'm going to start back using TRESemme Moisture Rich which USED to be a staple before I went no-cone.

I want to join this challenge. I have been co-washing since early summer anywhoo!!! I co-wash with trader joe nourish and spa, HE LTR, HE HH.

I co-washed today with AO HSR conditioner and air dried my hair....its a wild mess right now but its really soft...

What do you usually do with it after you let it air ? From your siggy I see that we are about the same length and I am stuck with what to do with it after I co-wash .

Co-washed tonight, worked out this morning hair definitely need it. I used WEN in Fig to cowash and used it as my leave-in and a little of the styling creme for frizz control and olive oil gel for edges. Sealed ends with vaseline.

Cowashed on Sunday & Monday with TJ's Nourish Spa. Trying to use it up. I have 1 more bottle after I finish this one. I had cut back on my cowashing but I'm upping it again. I love my hair but I ain't liking it right now. It seems to do best when I cowash it everyday. I've decided to listen to it. Besides it is still hot as heck here anyway. I will cowash with Nourish Spa in about 1/2 hour.

Co-washed this morning with Wen SAM. Mixed some aloe vera juice with it as a leave in and sealed with coconut oil. Back to wet bunning.

I am in
Right now I co-wash with either or
Vo5 Moisture milks Strawberries & Cream
Vo5 herbal Escapes free me freesia
Herbal Essences Hydralicious
Herbal Essences Totally twisted

Last edited:
I would lime to join this challenge, if it's not too late. I just started co-washing my hair and it seems to work so far. I will be using V05 moisture milks, Giovanni smooth as silk and elasta qp intense conditioner and whatever else I have to use up. I've been co-washing everyday or every other day when I remember.

Still co-washing with HE HH but realized I was doing it a little too often. Everyday was way too often for me. I'm trying to decrease my manipulation so now I'm only doing on Wednesday and Sunday mornings since those are my DC nights. My hair felt so good right after but a few hours later it was really parched and dry so hopefully this helps. It may just be the moisturizer I'm using (or not using) though....

while running errands today, I stopped in Target to pick up a few things and saw the HUGE bottle of Suave Humectant for $2.60! of course I had to buy it :giggle:

Cowashed with Curls Coconut Curlada this morning. It smells so good :yep: and I love the consistency too. My coils are always popping when I use this.

I cowashed this morning with WEN Fig Conditioner. Finished it up too and now I'm moving oon to something else for my next cowash, probably v05 Strengthening Conditioner followed with Aussie Moist Conditioner for moisture.

I wanna join

I'll co wash with
Tresemme thermal recovery
Suave shea butter & Almond
Vo5
Lustrasilk shea butter mango cholesterol
HE LTR (maybe; probably not)
Tresemme smooth & Silky
Maybe more if i buy more...

I'm looking to mainly rotate between Suave, Vo5 and lustrasilk... Tresemme heat recovery after using heat.

Last edited:
Why is it common to slow down co washing in fall/winter? Just wondering.. so I don't have to discover something unpleasant

I cowashed this morning with WEN Fig Conditioner. Finished it up too and now I'm moving oon to something else for my next cowash, probably v05 Strengthening Conditioner followed with Aussie Moist Conditioner for moisture.

Aggie Do you find that the Vo5 streghtening conditioner actually strengthens? I've used it many times and I always feel like it strengthens but I don't see any strengthening ingredients so I'm thinking its a placebo effect lol idk

Why is it common to slow down co washing in fall/winter? Just wondering.. so I don't have to discover something unpleasant

Not common for me because I co-wash at night but many people co-wash in the morning or during the day and don't want to go out with a wet head. It's easier in warm months to just co-wash and wear a wet style.

Checking in! :wave:

first cowash with the new set of braids today. Used my Skala Jaborandi(sp?) conditioner. You would think I'd just look at the freakin bottle and remember how to spell it by now :lachen:

Will Co-Wash tomorrow with Nutrine Garlic (since I will be self-relaxing). :look:

Will use Nutrine Garlic weeks 1-3 Post to potentially ward off any potential shedding.

May also DC under Steamer for a coupla' weeks with Alter Ego Garlic DC'er.:yep:

Back