Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

Hey ladies, checking in for last week. Cowashed majority of the week; I think I might have missed a day. Still rotating conditioners, but i'm absolutely loving DevaCurl's One Conditioner. I had to clarify this weekend...My hair felt funny all week and itchy..and i knew it was time for a good clarify(SheaMoisture African Black Soap shampoo), used the DevaCurl One Conditioner after as a cowash and it brought my curls back to life :)..will be back to just cowashes tonight :)

co washed with lustrasilk the one with argan oil, for some reason it was a disaster wasted about 30 mins of my time should have just went with Vo5 in the first place. Co washed with Vo5 strawberry and cream

Just checking in. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I cowashed with Rusk condish tues. and Tresemme thu.

Co-washed tonight with Garnier Triple Moisture.

I'm surprised that I'm still able to use Garnier with 6 weeks worth of new growth. I usually have to give up my Garnier at around 4 weeks post. I started using Nexxus Therappe shampoo and deep conditioning with Nexxus Humectress a week ago and that has made a big difference in keeping my new growth soft as ever. So I think the Nexxus is making my co-wash conditioners work better.

Last edited:
Still co-washing with HE HH. Deep conditioned last night with suave humectant, honey, and olive oil so I can co-wash tonight. I've decided to stop co-washing in the morning and start at night because I've had a major cold for the past three days and my wet head in the morning may be to blame (that and not having a coat for the 40 degree mornings we've been having).

I'm looking for something that will help control my frizzies though so I'm thinking of trying HE none of your frizzness or the one for curls. Has anyone tried any of those with good results?

Just co-washed with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut. MY hair feels AMAZING! Definitely better than Vo5 but I still love Vo5. So both of these will be my staples.

Last edited:
So last Friday was the end of my 4 week bunning challenge, and I think that I was pretty consistent :grin:. The final say on bunning for me is that I still don't need it. The initial "oh and ah" when my hair seems to thicken up at first, dies pretty quickly. I also think that I may have experienced a little breakage at my nape :nono:. Plus the main purpose of bunning/ protective styles is to not have your ends rubbing against clothing and other abrasive things. Well, my hair shrinks up to my ears (STILL), so I'm just protecting my ends from the air and it's just not that cold out yet :lachen:.

I'm still cowashing daily, but right now I'm kinda bored with the same ole style. Also, I have a drop of conditioner left, so I'm going to have to pause on the daily cowashes until my new stash of Shescentit goodies arrives :lick:.

I deep cowashed this morning with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner mixed with CON Ultra Nourish Conditioner and kept it in all day as deep moisture method treatment.

Hi ladies! Just checking in. Cowashed with Suave Almond and Shea Butter again tonight. Almost done with the bottle though. I think by the end of next week it'll be all gone.

Cowashed last night with VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit and then did a deep conditioning with Jane Carter. Ahhh, how my hair loves that. Then, styled my hair with flat two strand twists. It looks fantastic this morning!!

Hi ladies! Just checking in. Cowashed with Suave Almond and Shea Butter again tonight. Almost done with the bottle though. I think by the end of next week it'll be all gone.

Will you be replacing it? I LOVE that conditioner... but I notice its either a hit or miss kinda thing...

Will you be replacing it? I LOVE that conditioner... but I notice its either a hit or miss kinda thing...

I have about 8 other bottles of conditioner to go through before I repurchase,but I prefer Suave Humectant. Humectant is #1. Shea Butter # 2. V05 Moisture Milks are # 3 ll

Cowashed tonight with my new favorite - HE LTR.

I wasn't planning on cowashing tonight, but my hair felt a little bit stiff after my regular protein dc last night. I used Motions CPR as usual, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll keep an eye on my hair though. It may be time for me to upgrade to a different protein dc.

I skipped a few days of cowashing because I was sick but I'm back on it. Mostly been cowashing with Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. Finished that this morning.

It's getting colder but I'm still cowashing daily. I used Heritage Products Olive Oil Conditioner these past few days. It smells awful, it's so runny it slips through my fingers when I want to apply it and it comes in the ugliest bottle ever.
HRP-33424-l.jpg

But my hair feels and looks sooo good.

Cowashed Monday with Suave Tropical Coconut and Thursday with Organix Acai berry. I plan to finish the week off tomorrow with a fengreek/alma paste and natural shampoo.

I haven't been posting but I have been co-washing about 2-3 times a week. This morning I used Joico k-pak dpr treatment followed by Joico Daily Care Conditioner and left in some Renpure Organics Shine Conditioner.

I did an ayur-cowash yesterday with a combo of powders mixed with Renpure Organics Shine Conditioner and gelatin. I washed the mixture out with Tresemme Gelatin with B12 Thickening Conditioner. This was actually quite nice as a detangling conditioner too. It did nothing for thickening however.

I'm taking a break from the weekly co-washing for a while. I'm in braids and I hate washing in braids so I just spritz my hair with water daily and rub a bit of grease on them. Maybe I'll co-wash every two weeks for a while. Haven't decided if these will be a staple style during my transition. If so, I will probably drop out the challenge since I won't be following the rules lol

Will be cowashing tonight with the remaining Biolage mixed with V05 Moisture Milk and some olive oil. Haven't decided if I am going to do a flat two strand twist or a strawler set. Decisions, decisions...

Back