Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

Here are the cowash conditioners I will be using for this challenge:

IMG01316-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I want to join.

I started co-washing and my hair seems fine. My schedule varies, but I will co-wash at least once a week.

Conditioners in I have- HE LTR. Suave Sleek, MNT

I'm in! Woohoo, first challenge. This will remind me to co-wash instead of always jumping to the DC. My hair is really dry y'all. I'll post my picture, regimen, and products later (after work).

I would like to join. I will cowash 2-3 times a week and airdry. I mainly use Treseme for moisture and chi for protein. I am sl now hopefully the beautiful heads of hair in here will motivate me. I don't think I have made much progress since last Dec. :( Anywho I am up for the challenge with you ladies.

Hi ladies! I'm not going to be able to cowash for the next few days, so I started early! Ok, I cowashed last night with Garnier Triple Nutrition. It wasn't as fragrant as I would like, but my hair detangled easily and it had plenty of slip.

Here's how my hair looked before cowashing:

IMG01315-vi.jpg

IMG01315-vi.jpg

Notice how it's kind of limp with fly away hair here and there? It's soft and moisturized, but I want it to be smooth as well. Here is what my hair looks like after cowashing:

IMG01317-vi.jpg

It's still a little damp on the top (I always airdry and was ready to go to bed before it dried all the way), but you can see how much smoother it looks. This is why I'm addicted to cowashing!

I cowashed tonight with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. The smell is heavenly! :lick: My hair tangled slightly and didn't have quite the slip it had with the Garnier, but it was fine.

Can't wait to read how everyone else is doing!

Last edited:
I haven't checked in since I joined (shame on me!), nonetheless, I have been cowashing about 2-3 times a week since then. Update, I have added the Jason Biotin Conditioner to my rotation. Only used it a few times so far, so I don't want to give a review just yet.

Aaaawww thank you, TruMe

Do any of you ladies use MegaTek as a regular proteine conditioner? I bought this stuff a while back and its just sitting here. With regular cowashing my hair can get overmoisturized so I want to balance it out with this megatek and use it as a overnight prepoo.

What do u ladies think?

I'm late..but I've never used MegaTek. I have been debating however since I've seen lots of posts about it here....hmmm..

I cowashed tonight with Garnier Length and Strength. I used this all of last year, and never got around to buying any this year until I joined this challenge.

I really like this conditioner because it smells nice and my hair did not tangle at all.

I co-wash twice per week and I am currently using one by Lustrasilk. When I finish using it up I will go back to Hello Hydration.

Will Indigo tomorrow and have several things 1/2 open so I will prolly use these (just to use these up) Plus Indigo takes alot of conditiioner rinse.

1) Will Clarify 1st with Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea, Babbasu Clarifying Conditioner
2) Will Co-Wash with either Paul Mitchell Supercharged AND/OR Ori Organics Golden Jojoba Hydrating
3) Will do my Indigo Rinse out w/VO5 Moisture Milks and whatever is left in #2

Hopefully, during my process tomorrow, I will use up all 4 Bottles of 1/2, 1/4 emptied bottles.

Will Finally Steam with Jasmine Avacado & Silk.

I cowashed this morning with TJ Nourish Spa. I love the thickness, it lays my hair down and makes it smooth.

i'd like to join up again, although i have not been as consistent with my cw'ing lately as i was in the heat of the summer.....

will cw with jason kelp conditioner today.

I bought some Herbal Essences Hello Hydration the other day, and have used it twice since then.

I think I will stick with this conditioner for a while. It smells heavenly!

*prays that they don't change the formula*

I would love to co-wash between washes but I have no idea what to do with my hair afterward . I rollerset every wash day (once a week) . That literally takes ALL DAY so there's no way I can do that twice a week . I just hit SL so I am pretty limited on styles . Any suggestions ???

Just checking in, I co-washed twice this week. On Monday I used HE LTR and left some on and applied the split end protector to my ends and and sealed with vaseline. The next day wasn't a good hair day my hair looked dried out and frizzy. I hate handling my hair after a wash day due to the shrinkage but this made it worst. So I won't be using HE LTR as a leave-in ever again. I stuck out the bad hair day with headbands on Tues & Wed. thank God for them. And I co-washed on Wed night, with organix Acai Berry conditioner I added some castor oil to it and it worked out well. I did leave some of it in as a leave-in and the Thurs my hair looked cute. I detangled on dry hair Wed evening with my fingers and I brought some S-curl and used that to moisturize. I don't know why I have been sleeping on this stuff cuz I had a good hair day Thursday and today. Lots of moisture and no frizz.. :-) I have been having some dry hair issues not even my burdock root cream is helpin anymore. I think it could be the MTG, but my hair is growing from it so I don't want to stop using it..The s-curl definitely helped with moisture issues so it's a staple to help with the excessive dryness I'm having. I will shampoo tomorrow using some prescription shampoo for my psoriasis, but I plan to pre-poo with some ayurveda oils and lustrasilk herbal conditioner..

Hey, Grow!:wave:
Dragon_of_Vaeros, my little pig tails can't wait too grow up like your ponytails.
This thread is about to bring out my inner pj.:wallbash: I gotta keep up with the rest of yall.:yep:
I cowashed twice this week with Chi. And deep conditioned in between. My hair seems to love protein.

I've decided to up my washing regimen to twice a week, with one of the washes being a co-wash. This will really be a challenge for me since I'm so use to washing once a week.

I will co wash with either:

Mizani Cleansing Cream
HairOne
WEN

checkin in ladies! still cowashing 3x week with Skala and I love it! I need to go stock up for the winter.

I cowashed Tuesday and will be cowashing again this evening after m workout. I can't wait! It was so hard to skip cowashing on Thursday but I had a quiz to study for

Checking in. I debated on whether I should co-wash last week since I was traveling and would be relaxing a few days later. I co-washed in the morning and I really didn't like going through the day with partially dry hair (and having to dry all over again after being caught in the rain later in the evening). My hair isn't "bun-able" yet, so I have to twist up the ends and secure my hair in the back with a clip and bobby pins.

Anyone have any suggestions on co-washing in the morning with short hair? What do you do with your hair?

I co-washed Wednesday morning with Suave Awaphui and Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter Conditioner and I am relaxing today with Motions Oil Moisturizing Relaxer.

Last night I pre-pooed with lustrasilk herbal conditioner and some indian oils. I put my hair in a ponytail and suran wrapped my head applied conditioning cap over that then my scarp and night bonnet. When I woke this morning I rinsed out the pre-poo and my hair was soft and really detangled. I could actually see some length, I almost skipped shampooing. lol but I went ahead and poo-ed which I hate that shampoo cuz it dries out my hair, even though i make sure i apply it to just my scalp. Once I fininshed the shampoo my hair was dried out by the medicine in it that's used to treat my psoriasis. So I applied the banana brulee by shescentit and heated-up a lil bit on honey and coated my hair with that. I attempted to do a homemade steam trt and it came out pretty good. Did the steam for 1 hr then rinsed out and I applied some pumkin leave-in lotion and scurl and a lil ecostyler olive oil gel to my edges and put it in two ponytails and tied down with head scarf. End results is my hair is really soft and moisturized waiting for it dry before I detangle.

Back