Employees Who Stay In Companies Longer Than Two Years Get Paid 50% Less

I'm in school for hr. To be honest if I had to hire someone who was with their company for 5 years or someone who job hopped, I would pick the one for five years. I know the one who job hops won't be there long. Why waste time training and whatnot when they finally get proficient at their job they are putting in their notice?

I work in HR and again it depends on the type of industry and company.

I totally believe in job hopping its not anymore about loyalty to these company's. I always have to put it this way to my Mom or anyone that has that old way of thinking that you get in a company and you stay in a company for years--- Will a company be loyal to you when it comes time to let you go? will they think about your bills, your family, your health, your well being? NO NO and NO.

The little 2% to 3% raises with no bonuses is not it anymore. By the time we see those little 2% to 3% raises---well we don't see them on the paychecks.

I'm in school for hr. To be honest if I had to hire someone who was with their company for 5 years or someone who job hopped, I would pick the one for five years. I know the one who job hops won't be there long. Why waste time training and whatnot when they finally get proficient at their job they are putting in their notice?

The tradeoff can be that the job hopper has more to offer and is a self starter. I have noticed that ppl who plan to stay in jobs forever can tend to be more laid back with continuing education (not the mandatory kind) and initiative. Of course certain industries require certain training and I understand your point in that context, but sometimes an organization recognizes that they benefit from the job hopper, in terms of productivity, during the time they have them.

Back