Does your DH/SO/BF expect you to go to Home Depot with him?

healthynhappy

Mine does, and it irks the crap out of me.

He goes to Home Depot every single weekend and always want to make it a family trip.:wallbash: I don't like going to Home Depot!!!! In fact, I hate it.

He always says he only has to grab one or two items, but we end up spending an hour or more there. I got ish to do and hanging out at Home Depot is not one of them!!!

So today, I stood my ground and said NO. He looked like a sad puppy dog leaving out the door.:nono:

Please tell me I am not the only one whose man has detachment issues.:perplexed

Last edited:
No, girl...it's not just you. We go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Sam's, Costco. Lately I'm thinking it's got to be weird that we do ALL of our Saturday errands together. Even dry cleaning and grocery shopping.

my husband is the opposite.... he says I go in HD & Lowes and dont wanna leave... he always knows what he wants and says once he gets it he doesnt wanna go thru the aisles looking for me....so he leaves me home unless its a major purchase like a fridge or design thing like paint....

No, girl...it's not just you. We go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Sam's, Costco. Lately I'm thinking it's got to be weird that we do ALL of our Saturday errands together. Even dry cleaning and grocery shopping.

You too, huh? I guess we shouldn't complain.....I guess....:rolleyes:

This happens a lot, but it's because we're doing a lot of stuff with our house.

I don't mind going because:
  • I can put a check and balance on the $$ he is spending,
  • I have input on household tools/materials being used, and
  • I know he goes to grocery stores with me to help me out too (trade off). :yep:

I LOVE stores like that. I could spend hours in the lighting section or looking at tools or appliances. All those ho-to books. Then the paint aisle, aaaaaalllll those colors...... I'll be ya'lls home depot surrogate...for a small fee... :laugh:

Can't blame you........HD is not interesting unless doing a major overhaul.......standing around just to pick out a hammer and some glue is not fun.

I used to wish I had your problem! :rolleyes: I made most of the decorating decisions when we re-did all the flooring in our house, countertops, and re-painted. I had to drag him to the store with me when it was time to purchase. Up t'il then I made countless trips getting samples and putting together palettes. :rolleyes:

He's a little better now. :rolleyes: We're selling so we're doing even more improvements to get it show room ready, and he comes with me now. :grin:

If it's minor stuff he's purchasing, I don't see anything wrong with putting your foot down and saying you have other errands you need to run. Although I happen to think it's romantic to see the couples in the grocery store/mall/etc. holding hands and selecting items together. :lachen:

He goes to Home Depot every single weekend and always want to make it a family trip.:wallbash: I don't like going to Home Depot!!!! In fact, I hate it.

He always says he only has to grab one or two items, but we end up spending an hour or more there. I got ish to do and hanging out at Home Depot is not one of them!!!

So today, I stood my ground and said NO. He looked like a sad puppy dog leaving out the door.:nono:

Yep! He loves having his family hang out with him when he goes, but I go because he never complains when I want to go to my girlie stores. We might be taking a trip there today:look:.

its totally opposite for us. i love going to home improvement stores but i have to drag dh there :nono:

he had to go with his dad every weekend as a child and says it seemed like every project took all day :spinning:

Can't blame you........HD is not interesting unless doing a major overhaul.......standing around just to pick out a hammer and some glue is not fun.

:lachen:You got that right. But some ladies here helped put things in perspective for me. He is extremely patient when doing things I want to do. But still - Home Depot????

By the way, do you ladies make sure you look cute when you go to stores like HD and Lowes??? :lachen: I do. Sometimes, that can be fun when DH catches other men checking me out. Then he's like, "why are you wearing heels?":lachen:

:lachen:You got that right. But some ladies here helped put things in perspective for me. He is extremely patient when doing things I want to do. But still - Home Depot????

By the way, do you ladies make sure you look cute when you go to stores like HD and Lowes??? :lachen: I do. Sometimes, that can be fun when DH catches other men checking me out. Then he's like, "why are you wearing heels?":lachen:

You're married so this doesn't apply to you but they say that HD is a prime spot for meeting a man.:yep:

Speaking for my parents, my dad doesn't even bother asking anymore.

He spends hours in home depot.

Everyone knows him by name, because he buys **** and then returns it.

Sometimes, even if we are all there with him, we lose him.

If my mom does happen to go, she'll take her own car, because he just loves home depot.

He needs a hobby..

Oh wait, he does... it's friggin home depot. He'll buy stuff to fix things that don't need fixing.

Speaking for my parents, my dad doesn't even bother asking anymore.

He spends hours in home depot.

Everyone knows him by name, because he buys **** and then returns it.

Sometimes, even if we are all there with him, we lose him.

If my mom does happen to go, she'll take her own car, because he just loves home depot.

He needs a hobby..

Oh wait, he does... it's friggin home depot. He'll buy stuff to fix things that don't need fixing.

No offense, but is your dad the Heathcliff Huxtable of your local HD? My dad used to hang out there also, had all kinds of junk in the garage he didn't use. :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: This thread reminds me of my parents. They LOVE going to Home Depot together. I used to :rolleyes: :nono: when they tried to bring me along. Everytime I step in there I feel like I'm inhaling sawdust. It's not good for my health.

Yes Home Depot and then the PGA Golf store . . . sitting there watching him hit balls on the simulation machine :drunk: for hours, "ok baby this is the last ball, I promise." :wallbash:

Girl, you better go to that Home Depot from now on with a smile on your face and act like you love it:rolleyes: How else do you expect to get him to do ALL of the stuff you want him to do that he hates:ohwell:.
You: "Honey, let's go antique shopping and then go to that outlet mall three hours away:yep:."
Him: "Hell no, I don't want to do that. The game is coming on in a lttle while :nono: "
You: "Oh, that's fine sweetheart. I wish I could do what I want to do when YOU want to go to Home Depot:rolleyes:."
Him: "Huh? OK:wallbash:"
Works every time:grin:

:lachen:@ some of y'all. We're not nearly so bad. If anything I'm the one dragging him to HD then the other way around. We do tend to run errands together. Only place I can't take him with me is shoe shopping. He drives me up the wall then.

-A

No because my bf doesn't go to Home Depot. We don't have a house so there's no need. We went once because he had to get something for a school project that was it.

I *LOVE* Home Depot. I love home repair and building things.
Home Depot, Saks, Bloomingdales, Sephora, and the Apple store - GREATEST STORES EVAH!

I do hate music supply/instrument type stores and I used to get dragged to those constantly, but it's give and take hence grin and bear it or use it as leverage and bargain for a pair of shoes or food :grin:
An ipod and PSP is great for these occasions -"yes babe, it's great" and "so how does it get the audio to the mixer?" :look: :barf:

When I'm visiting my daddy I go to Home Depot and Lowe's with him all the time. As a matter of fact, when he's visited me, he took that as an opportunity to visit a new Home Depot and Lowe's. He spends an insane amount of money in those stores, but I don't mind. It gives me a chance to practice my moonwalk and pick out the stuff that I want to go in my room and differentiate between tacky and classy things that could go in the house. :yep:

I went with him over Christmas break and was pissed to find out that the new kitchen cabinets cost more than my car and that the floor he put down in his bedroom cost half as much! That's not even all of it! :angry2: *mutters to self "should have gotten that BMW"*

Back