Flying to SC tomorrow to meet my online BF...

I read some of this thread and its scary how close this mirrors my relationship with my SO (he's in TX, I'm in MA). We meet 2 and a half years ago on OkCupid in Feb of 2008. We got to know one another much in the same cutesy fashion you did (falling asleep over the phone, writting, love peoms, photo shoots etc.) and fell in love before we met. We met in person Memorial Day Weekend 2008 and it was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l! That summer we flew back and forth between to spent more time together and meet one another's parents. Currently, my SO is finishing up grad school in December so he can move up to MA January of 2011. From what he said to his friend that asked where are relationship was going, an engagement will come within a year of him moving here :yay:

Last edited:
I met my male BF online. It was a dating site, but we just because really close friends. I love him. :)

:blush::blush: Wow, this is amazing. What a beautiful, beautiful story. I'll have to request the BGO versions. If they are better than this....:spinning: :lick: :spinning: Whew, I can't get any work done..this is too good. :drunk: :yep:

I read some of this thread and its scary how close this mirrors my relationship with my SO (he's in TX, I'm in MA). We meet 2 and a half years ago on OkCupid in Feb of 2008. We got to know one another much in the same cutesy fashion you did (falling asleep over the phone, writting, love peoms, photo shoots etc.) and fell in love before we met. We met in person Memorial Day Weekend 2008 and it was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l! That summer we flew back and forth between to spent more time together and meet one another's parents. Currently, my SO is finishing up grad school in December so he can move up to MA January of 2011. From what he said to his friend that asked where are relationship was going, an engagement will come within a year of him moving here :yay:

Wow! I'm in MA too and my BF is from Florida.

One thing I will say about online dating: some guys are real nutzo (thankfully no personal experience) but some are super ready to settle down. :yep:

Hello my sisters,

It is a sad day for me this day. My mom passed away last Monday, but you know what...I was given the honor of being with her when she passed. That was something I'd never seen before,to have someone take their last breath. While I stood there, I held her hands and looked at her looking at me, my mama simply exhaled and went to sleep. It was hard, so hard.

Today I was honored again to have the strength and sheer will to go to the funeral home see my mother again and to do her hair and makeup. When I got there and saw that awful Colonial Gray house paint looking makeup I thought to myself...I gotta do this, no matter. I just got to do it.

Forgive me for jacking my own romance thread. Truly, I could have started a new thread for this, but I thought so many of you here who read this thread knew that she had been ill, why not give the update here.

I have to say the knowledge I've gained here went far in helping me to be able to do what I had to do today. Since 2001 I've been a member of this site, giving and gathering makeup skills and hair styling techniques (a whole lot of gathering).

So I was well equipped. After quietly explaining to the funeral director that with all due respect, this is not how my mother looked, I left the funeral home, drove to Walgreen's Drugstore and bought some makeup befitting a dark skin Queen. That's actually my mom's name by the way.

I also had to gather all the materials for her Obituary program. For once in my life I didn't want to be a writer, for the first time I wished that someone else could have held the pen. At any rate, I got it done. As Maxwell would say through fistfuls of tears. But I did it.

And so here is a picture of my mom, my beautiful mom. I miss her. But as you know my dad passed only last year. They both died on the 13th within a month of each other. So now I guess I can return to my writing. I was telling someone just the other day I don't know what I will do with all the time on my hands now. I've been caring for my mom and dad since 2008.

LOL....I suppose I could write or rather finish a book...right...I'm laughing as I type this. But this is my third Margarita and still ain't a damn thing funny. I really would like to not be so morbid but funny can't find me right now.

I gotta a sister I want to strangle...still. How do you in your right mind let fall from your mouth..."why do we need a casket spray (flowers)?" and "we don't have to do a family car, because my son has to be in a car seat anyway?"....and well not much after that because I walked away. But damn...I mean just wow. My parents never should have cut off the TV that night. Let me stop.

I'm going to go now ladies. I'ma try to salvage this last drink with a shot of Triple Sec...cause I really just need to sleep. I will be back...I am back...the writing will continue.

InfoJunkie...see you tomorrow night. No cake required. Just a dry shoulder....

Attachments

• cid_IMG00673-20091126-2020.jpg
    cid_IMG00673-20091126-2020.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I wish you strength and peace during this difficult time. :Rose:

Last edited:
ElizaBlue, I am so very sorry for your loss... as one who knows what you are going through, just know that you are not alone in this walk

Hello my sisters,

It is a sad day for me this day. My mom passed away last Monday, but you know what...I was given the honor of being with her when she passed. That was something I'd never seen before,to have someone take their last breath. While I stood there, I held her hands and looked at her looking at me, my mama simply exhaled and went to sleep. It was hard, so hard.
Precious ElizaBlue... I'm so sorry about your mom. She raised a beautiful and wonderful daughter.

From the light and the love that you've shared and given to everyone in this forum, I can only imagine how much more you gave to your mom and brightened each of her days from the moment you were conceived and the moment she heard your cry and cradled you in her arms when you were born.

I pray God's loving peace to dwell in your heart and the love of your mom to live within you forever, for that's how long she will be with you, forever. :Rose:

Take care precious one. :grouphug2:

I've lurked in this thread from time to time. Elizablue, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I pray you find comfort during this difficult time.

That is excellent. I wish you all the luck and joy this relationship brings you. Keep us posted.

Ladies,

Thank you all for the love. Coming here has always been a place of real family and caring. I appreciate you so, I really do.

Shimmie,

Thank you again. Maybe I will get back into belly dancing classes not that I have all this free time. After a bit. I really want to focus more on my writing first.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mommy, ElizaBlue. Take care of yourself. From experience I can say that the good memories will help you make it through. (((Hugs)))

im so sorry for all you've been through lately. i have been reading this thread from the beginning, but havent checked it in awhile. im sorry that this is what i had to come back to. it seems that life has been hard on you lately. but you're handling it with so much strength and courage, its amazing. i pray things get better for you EB.

Looking at her picture, I can see that your mother was a lovely woman inside and out. How blessed you are to have had the time with her and to have a mother's love which will never leave you. My condolences:rosebud:

I'm so sorry for you loss. I pray for your strength in this difficult time especially during this season.

Eliza,
You have my deepest sympathies on the death of your mother. My thoughts are with you and your family.

:Rose:

Back