Does you hair have that "SWANG" ?

Do you have that "SWANG"?

• oh yeah, my hair bounces and swings like the Pantene commercials!

Votes: 144 41.9%
  • nope... my hair is asically like one big cowilck :/

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • kinda... but I could use some more swing

Votes: 127 36.9%
  • Say what?? we can have SWING?

Votes: 32 9.3%

• Total voters
YUPS!!!! My hairs got swang BIG TIME. Even when I do it myself, but it looks even more swangin' :lachen: when I go to the Egyptians(CHI-TOWN)!!!!!
:spinning: ITs worth every dime!

Attachments

• Prom 05.jpg
    Prom 05.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 62
YUPS!!!! My hairs got swang BIG TIME. Even when I do it myself, but it looks even more swangin' :lachen: when I go to the Egyptians(CHI-TOWN)!!!!!

The Egyptians are the masters of SWANG! They're Chicago's version of Dominicans and your hair always looks hot after an Egyptian blowout. The really good ones have your hair laid so tight they don't even have to flat iron. :yep:

For some reason when I didn't know a darn thing about taking care of hair I used to have swing and shine because I overprocessed. Now, because I'm extra careful and I switched to Lye relaxers, my hair will not stay straight. I ditched my CHI, and I tried blow drying. Still doesn't do the trick. I will try roller setting next, but when I see others get through blowdrying it looks like they just passed the flat iron through their hair. My ends are healthy, but I have frizz no matter what. When I did a braidout my hair was swanging and bouncy and it's only 6 inches. When it's straight it's just frizzy. I REFUSE TO USE HEAT until I reach APL.

The Egyptians are the masters of SWANG! They're Chicago's version of Dominicans and your hair always looks hot after an Egyptian blowout. The really good ones have your hair laid so tight they don't even have to flat iron. :yep:

Do they have a different technique from the Dominicans? My African American stylist use to roller set and wrap ALL her clients and we had SWANG...I LOVED IT...but those weekly visits wreaked havoc on my finances....I live in Florida, and we JUST got, maybe 3 dominican salons in my town, so I knooow, that there wont be any Egyptians setting up shop here anytime soon...:ohwell:

Thanks for sharing! Her hair is GORGEOUS!!!! She is giving some great tips that I plan to follow since i am now kicking wigs/weave to the curb.

my hair needs to be FEIRCE!

infact...last week at a club someone asked who does my hair? Great compliment..my first day wearing my hair out in over a year

Yep, when done by professionals...:look:

When I do my hair myself, it is like I have a soft press; it's really thick and poofy. When I go to the salon it has that "swang" but it also looks to thin and flat (to me). I'd like to find a happy medium.

Who do ya'll go to in Chicago?

I used to go to Ossama's back in the day. One of the owners/family members branched out and now has a few salons himself, Mena's.

There is also Yehias, and Cleopatra's. I went to Yehia's once. Oh yeah, I noticed Cleopatra (Hyde Park) had a poster in their window for a Keratin Treatment.

Oh yeah my hair has that SWANG!:yep:
hairbest.gif

Do they have a different technique from the Dominicans? My African American stylist use to roller set and wrap ALL her clients and we had SWANG...I LOVED IT...but those weekly visits wreaked havoc on my finances....I live in Florida, and we JUST got, maybe 3 dominican salons in my town, so I knooow, that there wont be any Egyptians setting up shop here anytime soon...:ohwell:

Dominican salons are not big here so I can't really compare. I suspect the techniques are similar though. The foundation of most styling at Egyptian salons here is a high-tension blowout with a round brush. I've seen them do some roller setting or wrapping but not commonly.

The Egyptian salons I have been to or have had friends and family go to are darn near interchangeable. I used to frequent Yehia (in Hyde Park) but I see good work coming out of Ossama's, Mena's and others. It's hard to go wrong unless you get a rogue stylist that sucks! That's rare, however.

Yes. It swings. Sometimes it looks crazy because I bounce when I walk and it just goes boing boing boing boing.:grin:

If I put too much product in my hair the swing turns to fwing.:ohwell:

The Egyptian salons I have been to or have had friends and family go to are darn near interchangeable. I used to frequent Yehia (in Hyde Park) but I see good work coming out of Ossama's, Mena's and others. It's hard to go wrong unless you get a rogue stylist that sucks! That's rare, however.

My hair fell out after going to Yehia 13 years ago, too much heat. If your hair is heat sensitive I wouldn't go.

Nall lol. I doubt the Egyptians will be setting up shop there ANY time sooon. Ive been waiting for some to come to NY for the longest.

The egyptians do the opposite of the Dominicans when doing hair. The Egyptians blow your hair out then put rollers on for a curl. The Dominicans roll your hair so you can get under the dryer then blow your hair out. I would argue that because the Egyptians mainly use one heat source even for my natural hair it is much more healthy!

I have swing as long as my roots are straight. That can be from a relaxer or a professional flat iron. Product or no product, length or no length, its all about the roots.
But honestly, swing isn't all its cracked up to be. You can't ride in a car with the windows down or walk in a breeze without hair hitting you in your face or mouth. You have never felt pain until you've had hair hit you in your eyeball while driving at 35 mph. I almost crashed! And constantly having your hair blown into your lip gloss really sucks. Sometimes I rough my hair up on purpose for a little stiffness cause the swing gets annoying.
I know this probably make me the oddball.

Back