Does you hair have that "SWANG" ?

Do you have that "SWANG"?

• oh yeah, my hair bounces and swings like the Pantene commercials!

Votes: 144 41.9%
  • nope... my hair is asically like one big cowilck :/

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • kinda... but I could use some more swing

Votes: 127 36.9%
  • Say what?? we can have SWING?

Votes: 32 9.3%

• Total voters
Thanks Genesis for you amazing compliment!

Yes, I do have swing but it depends on 3 things.

In order to get swing you must:

1. Have hair that is completely straight (no puffy roots)
2. Use little product in your hair
3. Have healthy hair (no ruff ends)
I agree with all of this except for the first one. If you saw my hair this week - TWA with relaxed ends even after flat-ironing that my roots apparently laughed at.... But it was still boucy and swingy. And I think it has to do with the other things you mentioned AND the quote below.

Yes my hair does swing, now throughout my relaxer cycle. For me it starts with having the right moisturizing deep conditioners and ends with using light leave ins, moisturizers and oils throughout the week. If your hair gets properly conditioned then less of the other products are needed. I used to only have the swing until I tried to moisturize my hair and weighed it down. Too much of the wrong products.I also believe it has to do with length, thickness sometimes, but its moreso the conditioning and products.

I agree with everything here. My hair remains swingable a little longer in my relaxer cycle now because I don't NEED to use too many products, as I've found the proper products for me that keeps my hair extra conditioned and moisturized all the way til my next wash. Hence less amount of products is needed during the week to moisturize, hence, more SWANG lol.

And yes steam does help bunches. I get the best bounce and swang when I use my Caruso rollers!

Yes, I do have swing but it depends on 3 things.

In order to get swing you must:

1. Have hair that is completely straight (no puffy roots)
2. Use little product in your hair
3. Have healthy hair (no ruff ends)

:lachen:

Yeah, that takes me right out of the running. Urm, no. :look:

I wear my hair natural 95% of the time and just started to let it grow since I have been active on LHCF this year. So I had it pressed a couple of months ago to do a length check, and it was the FIRST time I EVER got some "SWANG" in probably 18 years:perplexed. I mean I didn't know WHAT hit me. I was all paranoid and thinking something was crawling on my neck when DUH, it was my hair:lachen:. The wind blowing freaked me out because it felt so different to me and it was all MY hair. I can of course use a LOT more because I am still growing, but by the end of this year, OH BABY, I will definitely have some "SWANG" like on the video!!!:yep:

I have it! I've always had swingy hair but since i've been natural i have A LOT... at least when i wear it pressed... when i wear it curly it usually depends on the amount of products... i tend to overload my products on my natural hair but when i'm lighter on products my curls are really bouncy... but not as defined... kind of a toss up i guess.... u ladies got sum gawgeous hair up in here!

As soon as I clicked on this thread and saw this you tube link, I knew it was going to be her. I have been stalking her videos for about a week envying her hair.......wishing that was my hair. This is the hair I've always wanted. I know it's hard to believe but she said her hair wasn't always like this until she started using products that work for her(Aphogee, etc)
She does have a fun personality. Is she on any hair boards?

yeah: she's on the HealthyTextures hair board and might be a LHCF Luker

Yup I most definately got that swang. I don't really have to do much movin around to get my swang on. I luv my swang. i luv to see my reflection of my swang when I'm walking somewhere.

I'm not a styling products person tho... I never have been. Gels, sprays, pomades just aren't for me. My hair texture is thin, but I've got alot of those thin strands on my head. The longer my hair gets the swangier it gets...
My swang is like one of the best things I've got going for me in the hair department.

I've noticed with length came the swingish when I press my hair. Probably could of had swing when it was short, if it hadn't been suffocating on products back then. Live and learn.

only if i use minimal product (preferably a serum) and either blow dry/flatiron or rollerset...

as my hair grows i'm noticing less swang though

What the *BLEEP* is BOUNCE!??@!?#$?%#Q?%?

When I had longer hair and kept it straight, it SWAYED not bounced.
Now that Im natural, my hair can sway AND bounce.

Yes my hair does swing, now throughout my relaxer cycle. For me it starts with having the right moisturizing deep conditioners and ends with using light leave ins, moisturizers and oils throughout the week. If your hair gets properly conditioned then less of the other products are needed. I used to only have the swing until I tried to moisturize my hair and weighed it down. Too much of the wrong products.I also believe it has to do with length, thickness sometimes, but its moreso the conditioning and products.
PREACH!You ain't never lied,sista Eva:lachen:

my hair got more of like a bounce. i have to be movin my head or have some extra bob in my walk.

but shoo, let me catch whiplash of the neck! and its not that "all hair moves at once" time swang either!

How did I know Ateya video would be in this thred, LOL.
Yup, healthy hair, the right products along with a rollerset :yep:, or even airdried hair can swing. Oh, and alot of times you don't even have to shake your head for your hair to move.

Where I'm from bounce is when the hair moves without force, shoot it bounces LOL, it just moves up and down lightly along with anything thing you do including a yarn :lachen:,
What the *BLEEP* is BOUNCE!??@!?#$?%#Q?%?

When I had longer hair and kept it straight, it SWAYED not bounced.
Now that Im natural, my hair can sway AND bounce.

I am just learning how to get that swang....and I LOVES it.

Nothing earth-shattering to share: minimal product is key.

And by the way, the chic in the video is a trip. She has crazy swang for real.

Is it really possible for naturals to have that much of a swang? My hair does NOT look like that, but I would definitely love it to.

Last edited:
my hair got more of like a bounce. i have to be movin my head or have some extra bob in my walk.

but shoo, let me catch whiplash of the neck! and its not that "all hair moves at once" time swang either!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: you sound like me with that extra "bob in my walk".... especially after I get a fresh relaxer! :lachen:

Back