Does you hair have that "SWANG" ?

Do you have that "SWANG"?

• oh yeah, my hair bounces and swings like the Pantene commercials!

Votes: 144 41.9%
  • nope... my hair is asically like one big cowilck :/

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • kinda... but I could use some more swing

Votes: 127 36.9%
  • Say what?? we can have SWING?

Votes: 32 9.3%

• Total voters
Yes! :grin: Not like that youtube girl but getting there! The further in Ive gone in my transition the better he swing. When I was relaxed it swang but it wasn't fluffy like it is now. Now I have this feathery swing going. It goes back into place (almost all the way) too. I am guessing because my hair has gotten so thick that it can't help but swing around.

When I blowdry it I can't help but shake this puffy thing all over the place cause it always falls back into the same shape afterward. When its straight it moves around too, but its not as fun.

After I flatiron I have to apply some oils and a drop of gel and tie it up for a hot minute. If I just flatiron it and leave it be it won't swing :perplexed. I have to tie it down first, just put a scarf and a wave cap over it.

I got SUPERSWANG, whether it's airdried/flat-ironed/whatever. The other day, I turned my head and my hair hit my poor nephew in the face :lachen:

Like everyone else said it's all about the amount of product. I used to glob products on my head and now I use the recommended dime or nickel-sized amount

When I rollerset, I have swang. When I blowdry or flatiron I definitely don't. Thats becasue I don't know how to flatiron properly and I'm scared to use high heat. Also I od on products when doing those two things. When I rollerset all I add is some leave in if I need to detangle and my jane carter nourish and shine cream mixed with water.

YEP! It blows in the wind and I love the way it slides across my back when I turn my head.

I am loving your hair. It looks like it has some serious swang!! The texture is so pretty. I love straight hair. I miss having straight hair:perplexed

Thanks Genesis for you amazing compliment!

I agree with all of this except for the first one. If you saw my hair this week - TWA with relaxed ends even after flat-ironing that my roots apparently laughed at.... But it was still boucy and swingy. And I think it has to do with the other things you mentioned AND the quote below.

I agree with everything here. My hair remains swingable a little longer in my relaxer cycle now because I don't NEED to use too many products, as I've found the proper products for me that keeps my hair extra conditioned and moisturized all the way til my next wash. Hence less amount of products is needed during the week to moisturize, hence, more SWANG lol.

And yes steam does help bunches. I get the best bounce and swang when I use my Caruso rollers!

I had to come out of lurkdom to agree with you here. I washed my hair just yesterday, sat under the dryer and my hair was puffy as hell and still had swing. I think it has to do with washing with good moisture intensive shampoo and conditioner and only using very little or no leave ins.

Yup...i gots me some swang (but i'd rather call it bounce). i've always had it, except for when i was rocking a short do. i remember when i was like 17 (a long, long time ago) this girl (with a notoriously stiff helmet like wrap) asked me how I make my hair "move".

Mine has a little. I had so much more swang when my hair was all thin and damaged though. I would use a serum on my hair and blow dry it real hot, flat iron it, wrap it and maybe sit under the dryer, I didn't care about all the pieces of broken hair on the floor and in the sink because my hair was shiny, stick straight and swangin'. Now that my hair is healthy and thick, some of the swang has left. It is so much thicker now and I no longer relax to the scared straight(i mean bone straight) point.

When I got my hair permed at a white salon, I also got it cut. She did not put any greasy products in my hair. She permed it, blow dried it, cut it into a cute style (shoulder length) and flat ironed it. My hair was light, full, bouncy and yes it had that swang. I noticed though it left once my hair grew out of the cut.

Why did I know that was an Ateyaa (sp?) before I clicked on the link?:grin: I won't lie and say my hair has 'swang' like that because it doesn't. The only time I can accomplish a swing like that in my hair is when I go and get it professionally done, usually in the form of a wrap. This is something I just haven't been able to accomplish at home yet:nono:

Yep, mine does :grin: and if it ever doesn't, I immediately know something isn't right with either my products or styling techniques.

I notice that my hair gets more SWANG when I dont use that much products and I get a nice trim, sometimes my SWANG get annoying because its all over!! :grin:

*Sigh* it used to! But I've been overloading on the protein. I remember that when it did have that 'swang', my hair was properly moisturised and I was doing lots of moisturising DCs. Also, I used to use little to no extra product. I used to get a lot of stares! lol!
*Cough, cough* that doesn't happen anymore.:look:
I'm going to reduce the protein!

I have found that as long as my hair is healthy (and I don't overload it with product when I flat iron) it has Swang. Even when it shorter than it is now as long as it was healthy and light it did. :yep:

I've always had that "swing" and bounce to my hair. So much that would even make my white co-workers jealous. Just keeping minimal products in my hair keeps it that way.

Back