Does you hair have that "SWANG" ?

Do you have that "SWANG"?

• oh yeah, my hair bounces and swings like the Pantene commercials!

Votes: 144 41.9%
  • nope... my hair is asically like one big cowilck :/

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • kinda... but I could use some more swing

Votes: 127 36.9%
  • Say what?? we can have SWING?

Votes: 32 9.3%

• Total voters
I have swang when I don't get heavy handed on the products I use. I am usually either roller set or flat ironed.

My DD who is three also has swang and she is NATURAL. natural hair can swang too, you just have to ensure that it is well moisturized. Here is an example of a style I regularly do on my DD who has a definite Ateeya personality and gets to swangalangin her twists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-KzbLBFTZo

I have swag if I use a smidgen of products. I also had swag when I was natural. It was more then, I guess because my hair chemical bonds weren't so changed.

I don't have a lot of swang. i would love to have more body but nope not here. I don't use the flat iron or curling iron but maybe once a year.

it used to when i was relaxed. now when i flat iron my hair (rarely) it doesn't. i don't know if it's the products i'm using or i just don't know how to flat iron lol. my hair also doesn't stay straight more than 5 mins when i flat iron either. oh well... that's why i wear wigs lol

When I blow it out a lot or my mom or a salon flat irons it with a tiny amount of oil I do. I have often thought of it as a caucasian/Asian objective though and don't think much of it :perplexed:
Health and naps are more important! :grin:

Mine is not heavy, but very fluffy. It blows in the wind and swings lightly.

And I keep it poofy, because I like some texture. Just use minimal product.

If my hair is straight and ain't swangin', I ain't goin!! :lachen::lachen: Always have had it, based on rollersets and wraps. Now that I'm natural, I rollerset and flatiron to get it.

When natural, my hair swangs IF it's been stretched. It's far too dense to swang on its own, but if in an afro, banded, or something like that, it gets its blow thang on. Love it!:grin:

I've got that swing alright. Just as long as my hair isn't weighed down by products. When it's freshly curled, it swangs, bounces, it's shiny, just lovely!

:gorgeous:My natural, thick dense hair is never weighed down by products. When it's pressed I can't help but have swing, but not the kind that lays back down just the right way all smoooth and nice like homegirl's. maybe with the FHI??? Dang! and I was trying not to order that thing. I try to do all natural products, but now I'm wonderring about trying that aphogee too...

I think my flat-ironed hair swings because of the length.. because I'm actually very heavy-handed with products when I straighten.

BTW, the video is great. I love her makeup tutorials.

:gorgeous:My natural, thick dense hair is never weighed down by products. When it's pressed I can't help but have swing, but not the kind that lays back down just the right way all smoooth and nice like homegirl's. maybe with the FHI??? Dang! and I was trying not to order that thing. I try to do all natural products, but now I'm wonderring about trying that aphogee too...

^^^AMEN TO THAT!!

I don't know what this "weighed down" thing is. Lucky's Mom loves her FHI Runway, which convinced me to buy one. I'll be using it next month. Also, I love my Aphogee. I do use the 2 step protein treatment, even though naturals aren't supposed to need as much protein. My hair loves protein, so I use that, the green tea and keratin, the pro vitamin leave in, and the 2 minute reconstructor.

Def got swang, and its the first time ever with relaxed hair that i have acheived it.

I really agree its in the quality of the products if i miss a step or substitute for something else, no swang for nya! :nono:

I spray leave in 24/7 isoplus
Redken blow dry lotion
Chi silk infusion
Aphogee keratin green tea
Chi heat protectant

After blow dry don't apply anything else i just flat iron.

Ladies, I propose an idea. Most of us have a problem getting that swang, right. Anyone who goes to the salon should try to figure out what type of sprays they put in our hair, to to get it that healthy swang and shine. I know I got my hair flat-ironed at the salon. Needless to say I felt it was too much heat and won't go back. That was months ago. The only thing I was wishing for is that I found out what spay she put in my hair to give it that shine. We need to pay more attention to what they be putting in. I should have looked at the bottle before I left. I could kick myself. Someone infiltrate the system and report back. hehe lol

less product = more swing

i only use heat protectant when i flatiron and only use one product when curly. makes all the difference.

my hair has swang for .39283 seconds after i blow dry it. then it morphs into one big ol' cowlick if i don't pin it up. i have yet to discover what true swang is, lol!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing! I have that swish w/stretched hair and bounce on flat ironed hair (its a blk grl thing).

Mines does the only time is doesn't is when I over do it with products :) otherwise it swangs to much with the wind though! lol

Back