Deep Conditioining Challenge

I am conditioning tonight for maybe 2 hours or so with Joico Moisture balm or Pantene...I haven't decided yet.

Gym, I went on ebay looking for the Joico Balm and that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!!! The cheapest I found was 20 bucks for 32 oz, how much do you pay? You made me wanna try this stuff sooo bad, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get it. I gotsta get my hands on that super Kenra!

Gym, I went on ebay looking for the Joico Balm and that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!!! The cheapest I found was 20 bucks for 32 oz, how much do you pay? You made me wanna try this stuff sooo bad, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get it. I gotsta get my hands on that super Kenra!

I paid like 14 bucks for the 8oz tube......I can send you some to try first if you want.

I paid like 14 bucks for the 8oz tube......I can send you some to try first if you want.

:eek: That's so nice of you!!! I'd love to try it first, but it's so dang expensive, I'd feel really bad taking away from your stash

I'm hoping to deep condition tomorrow. I missed doing it earlier this week and I flat ironed twice in the last five days so I know I really need a good deep condition.

Does anybody ever successfully DC with heat with cheapie cons? I have one more use of VO5 (sux :barf:) and I want to use it up. Should I give it a shot?

I dc'ed on dry hair tonight. I used AO Blue Green Algae mask, washed with a moisturizing shampoo mixed with baking soda and rinsed with Avocado Rinse (Dominican) my hair felt nice and was easy to detangle. I'm noticing a lot less broken hair(s) and more shed hair. I'm happy with this challenge, it's simple.

Checking in...

At 6:55 a.m. - I rinsed out my overnight conditioning mix (I think it was only 8 hours, I got a late start), clarified with diluted VO5 Kiwi & Lime poo and Kiwi & Lime conditioner, rinsed...

at 7:35 a.m. applied deep conditioning hair banger mix of Pantene BD Mask, AVEDA DR/Brilliant and Joico...as of now...it's been on for almost an hour....this will be on for quite a few more hours...

I need to run to the supermarket and do a load of laundry...since it's cold...I can play it off and just pull my hat over my plastic cap.. :lol:

*multi-tasking*

Once rinsed out...that's it for the week.

Does anybody ever successfully DC with heat with cheapie cons? I have one more use of VO5 (sux :barf:) and I want to use it up. Should I give it a shot?

Do you have any silk amino acid to put a few drops in it? I think that the cheapie conditioners are too light for dc-ing but if you add a little help with it, it might work.

jamila...try it with some heat...lots of us here have had seen the cons work better with heat and longer time. Maybe add SAA like Aggie said or add some oil to it.

I sat in the steam and sauna for 1.5 hours today with herbal essences rainforest con for dry hair...The purple one...and even though I havent rinsed it off I can feel that it feels amazing!! (had to pull up into bun so I could get out the gym).
Im hoping to just rinse off and do nothing with it.
I did that yesterday but only left on for 40 mins and my hair was super super super shiny today...and my hair is not usually shiny.
Shall let you ladies know

Mo you are seriously dedictaed...6.55???? no way no how am I getting up that early....
lol

take care ladies

Uzz

jamila...try it with some heat...lots of us here have had seen the cons work better with heat and longer time. Maybe add SAA like Aggie said or add some oil to it.

I sat in the steam and sauna for 1.5 hours today with herbal essences rainforest con for dry hair...The purple one...and even though I havent rinsed it off I can feel that it feels amazing!! (had to pull up into bun so I could get out the gym).
Im hoping to just rinse off and do nothing with it.
I did that yesterday but only left on for 40 mins and my hair was super super super shiny today...and my hair is not usually shiny.
Shall let you ladies know

Mo you are seriously dedictaed...6.55???? no way no how am I getting up that early....
lol

take care ladies

Uzz

:lol: I'm trying to maximize time this weekend...

and..

When the weather turns warm and I start going to the gym more often on the weekends at my job, I'm definitely going to try the conditioning in the sauna thing so I can do it at my leisure -- I know that hair must feel so good afterwards...:yep:

Okay I just washed clarified with my Fast and Elucence clarifying shampoo. Then I treated for 40 minutes with Schwarzkopf Bonacure Smooth Express mixed with some UBH conditioner and a little Aphogee Reconstructor (added protein to strengthen my hair) as I will be putting a sew-in this afternoon for about 5 or 6 weeks.

Then I proceeded to DC with Kenra moisturizing conditioner for an hour. My sew in is due in 4 hours so I am going to let it air dry until then. Don't worry ladies, I still intend to Dc with my sew-in but I will reduce it to twice a week instead of 3 times.

Editing: I decided to rollerset instead, don't ask coz I don't even know why seeing that I'm getting a sew-in put in today.

Last edited:
Jamilah, I tried dc'ing with Suave Tropical Coconut, cause I love it to co wash with. When I dc'ed with it-- :nono: I used heat, too :ohwell: Maybe add some SAA or oil to to, hopefully that'll make it better

I dc'ed with HE Long Term Relationship last night and I LURVE it! It made my hair so soft and detangled. And the leave in? :drool: I only have the leave in on my hair, and my hair is soooo soft and has a beautiful shine to it

i took my twists out between yesterday and today
and i'm going to cleanse and dc really good tonight
so i can re-do my hair.
i'd better get started on it soon
dont have much time.
i'll report back when i'm done on exactly what i did.

I conditioned for an hour on dry hair with Aubrey's GPB. Then used a herbal hair wash and rinse. I'm sitting under the dryer now with a roller set. I hope it comes out ok. :look:

Does anyone else daydream about which conditioners they're gonna use? I'm sitting here imagining myself using different conditioners and fantasizing about the outcome :look:

I can't WAIT till tomorow :grin:

Does anyone else daydream about which conditioners they're gonna use? I'm sitting here imagining myself using different conditioners and fantasizing about the outcome :look:

I can't WAIT till tomorow :grin:

:lachen::lachen: Actually yes....I am planning out my wash tonight. I wasn't schelduled to do wash tonight but I think my hair needs a little protein so I am gonna go ahead and do it.

Yes tiffers!!
Im only going to the gym for a short workout but an planning on spending over an hour in the steam or sauna to get my hair pampered!!!

Im planning on using my pantene triple amino con again my hair LOVED that. I may have to go back to Pantene my hair responds so well to it and that way I can hopefully limit my pj'ism!

Uzz

Any natural 4Bs on this challenge? how do u style ur hair after each DC session...Im thinking about joining but since my hair shrinks all the way to my scalp and wash n go's dont look good on me...im wondering how ill pull this off...
Maybe if my hair was a lil bit longer...I only have about 7-7.5 in of hair that shrinks to 2 in when washed:ohwell:

Today I woke up really early to chelate my hair since I relaxed a week ago. Then I put Freemans Sea Kelp Nourishing Moisture Conditioner on, covered with a plastic cap and went back to sleep. Woke up, made the kids breakfast and sat under the dryer for an hour. When I washed the conditioner out, my hair felt so soft and smooth. Then the Herbal Essence leave in just put it over the top. Man, that's some good leave in conditioner! My hair is soooo happy! :happydance:

I deep conditioned last night but my wash was a disaster....I knew what I did wrong and I should have known better. Anyway, my hair ended up looking good so everything is all good. Washing again Wednesday to get back on track:yep:

I deep conditioned last night but my wash was a disaster....I knew what I did wrong and I should have known better. Anyway, my hair ended up looking good so everything is all good. Washing again Wednesday to get back on track:yep:

Oh no! What happened? Why'd it go so bad?

Do you have any silk amino acid to put a few drops in it? I think that the cheapie conditioners are too light for dc-ing but if you add a little help with it, it might work.

Thanks Aggie, Rachique and Tiffers! :grin: I don't have SAA but I will try adding some olive oil. I forgot about that! :grin: I'm really trying to focus on using up all this cheapie stuff that doesn't work. That way I can enjoy all my staples (Aveda, Joico, Hot Sexy Hair) without guilt! :drunk:

Did what I said I would last night in the sauna/steam for an hour and 20 mins with Herbal essences fruit fusions for dry hair. Purple one...I think in my last post I said it was rainforest one but it wasnt sorry!

hair is very soft and smells nice too!!

Uzz

Back