DECEMBER 2005 HITS OR MISSES

tishee said:
ladies where are you purchasing your emu oil from? tia

There are numerous sites that sell Emu Oil, however, it's not all of really good quality. I went to the American Emu Associations Web site. On this link you'll see company categorized geographically that are CERTIFIED Emu Oil Producers. From there, you can choose which is best for you as far as location and costs.

For the record, I purchased mine from: Jurrasic Secret Emu Products. They are local to me here in San Diego.

HTH

VWVixxen said:
Hits:
  • BBG Glass Curling Creme :love:
  • Emu Oil :up: :up:
Misses:
  • Surge Moisture Aide :nono:

Let me know how emu oil works for you...I recently started back up using Asha's Roots and she has since added Emu and Amla oil as ingredients :)

Hits:

Jamaican Mango Lime Lock & Twist Gel and Lock & Twist Wax
(to hold my two strands)

Elucence Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner

so1913 said:
Let me know how emu oil works for you...I recently started back up using Asha's Roots and she has since added Emu and Amla oil as ingredients :)

Will do. I'll give the Amla Oil a purchase after the first of the year. I WILL get this PJism under control in 'o6!

so1913 said:

Really! I did not know she added those oils to the Roots products. I just placed an order an order with her. Next time I will try the Roots serum.

nikki1971 said:
Really! I did not know she added those oils to the Roots products. I just placed an order an order with her. Next time I will try the Roots serum.

Yes girl, that little bottle has some SERIOUS ingredients in it!

VWVixxen said:
There are numerous sites that sell Emu Oil, however, it's not all of really good quality. I went to the American Emu Associations Web site. On this link you'll see company categorized geographically that are CERTIFIED Emu Oil Producers. From there, you can choose which is best for you as far as location and costs.

For the record, I purchased mine from: Jurrasic Secret Emu Products. They are local to me here in San Diego.

HTH

thanks sweetie!

HoneyDew said:
Girl, I luvs me some emu oil. I love that is has the creamy texture.

:ohwell: But, this weekend, my boyfriend asked me if Emus are killed to get the oil. :look:

They are.

For Amla oil, I use Qhemet's Amla pomade. Leaves my scalp and new growth soft and smooth.

Back to topic.

Hits: Nothing new to add.

Misses: Mango & Lime Cactus Leave-in - hated the texture, made my hair feel producty.
Garnier soft curl cream - soft at first but the moisture didn't last.

Well, I looked it up last night and, yes they are killed, but they are killed for meat and the oil from their skin is a by-product. I guess it also depends on where you get it. Emu is really only eaten in some countries. I would wonder if they are really being killed for food in all Emu farms.

My PJism has creeped to a halt since I found my regimen.

But I did discover this Organic Kid's hair grease without mineral oil or petroleum. It includes natural ingredients and herbs and I love it.

On my Christmas wishlist: Maxiglide
Keracare Conditioner
Paul Mitchell Skinny Poo
Mizani Rose H20 Hairdress

:look: Oh well for stopping my PJism. :lol:

Hits:
Cantu-After Shampoo Rinse out Conditioner- very moisturizing
Nexxus Phyto Organic Hydruss Moisturizing shampoo- excellent moisture and clean feeliing.
Nexxus Phyto Organic Kelate Purifying Shampoo- Great chelating/clarifying shampoo
Nexxus Phyto Organic Enphuse Intensive Reconstructor

Misses:
Cantu Moisturizing Cream shampoo- It does leave the hair feeling really clean, but my hair feels a little dryish but it's not awful. Put it this way, i'll finish the bottle and probably never buy it again. It's not worst than other shampoos I have bought though.

Nexxus Phyto Organic Nectaress Nourishing Conditioner- Left my hair to dry, not enough moisture. Extremely light conditioner.

ooh, forgot one more Definite Hits!
PhytoSpecific Relaxer II- I gave myself a home relaxer for the first time in my life last Friday with this and my hair looks the best it ever have. Really silky, smooth and shiney. I plan to do my own relaxer at home from now on w/ this relaxer. Now I don't have to have the looming doom of scissor happy stylist.

Suave Shea & Cocoa Butter body wash- great moisture and clean feeling

Palmer's Shea Butter concentration Formula for hands- Extremely thick, excellent for dry cracked hands

Lubriderm Skin Nourishing Moisturizing Lotion with Shea and Cocoa Butters- great for body and that winter ash. lol

Kiss MY Face- Pure Olive Oil bar soap- Extreme moisture, clean feelinig but not as squicky clean as the honey & olive bar soap. Don't get me wrong though, it does clean but you feel cleaner faster w/ the honey & olive bar

Kiss My Face- Honey & Olive Oil bar soap- extremely clean feeling, moisture but not as moisuturing as the pure olive oil bar.

Last edited:
:grin: HITS: Capilo Milk & Honey Conditioner (LOVE IT!), Elasta QP Mango Butter, Parnevu T-Tree Oil, Surge

:mad: MISSES: Phytodefrisant

I'll give u my hits for the whole 4th quarter since i haven't replied to hits/misses in a while.

Hits:
  • CON poo. This is my #1 discovery...only shame i didn't listen to u ladies earlier!
    Nexxus therappe
    nexxus hummectress
    hummectress mixed with WGO and water as a leave-in (the best!)
    nexxus aloe rid clarifying poo
    eQP Recovery moisturizer
    Kenra MS/MC
    Keracare Humecto
    NTM serum

Misses:
Scurl moisturizer (makes hair frizzy and grayish)
cheapie conds: ie Suave and Herbal Essences. VO5 was aiight, it did make my hair dry soft, but it didn't offer any detangling properties to my super dry hair.

well now that i think of it...i seriously think that my 'hits' of this year will become my new staples as soon as i get rid of all the other products.... no more pj'ism for me. but i still have to try elucence at least once... :look:

den1 said:
Yes its a bit early....but I know there are lots of product junkie amoung us lol.

HITS

Rediscovered s-curl
Rediscovered Creme of nature ultra moisturising
Rediscovered vo5 creamy fresh peaches
ORS shampoo

MISSES
R2E Pomade

I'm taking notes den!!! :grin:
I am going to investigate this "s-curl"

Hits: Elasta QP Mango Butter
Most of products on Garnier Fructis Sleek Shine Line
Creme of Nature Shampoo
Rediscovered castor oil (too much of a hit that made my hair
frighteningly THICK at the roots!!
Indian Hemp pomade

Misses: VO5 Blueberries and Cream (dried my hair out!!!)

Last edited:
Hits:
wild growth oil
ntm leave-in as a moisturizer (thanks Sylver2)
carrot, arnica & sage hot oil treatment
motions herbal oil sheen

Misses: Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner (left my hair feeling hard)

This was the only new product I bought for this month!!!

Hit:

Good Hair Days Pins
The Silken Child Line
Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol and Leave-in Creme
Annie Boar Bristle Brush - Soft

Miss - Tropical avocado. Don't know how my hair was supposed to feel after using this. No slip. I'm sad. I really wanted this to work for me.

Back