Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Crème

so1913

THIS IS NOT A CHEMICAL OR A POST ABOUT THE CHEMICAL PROCESS OF "SILKENING", BUT A NEW STLYING PRODUCT IN THE MISS JESSIE'S LINE THAT USES THE TERM "SILKENING" IN THE NAME

Ok ladies...although I do like the buttercremes, I was never a HUGE fan of the Miss Jessie's styling products (pudding or meringue). They were too heavy, weighed my hair down, and took FOREVER to dry. I didn't like the what I felt was an "artificial effect" on my curls and the scent was too strong. I went into Ricky's to grab something really quick and saw a new Miss Jessie's Product on the shelf, Stretch Silkening Creme. The description on the jar didn't really make it clear to me how it was different from the Pudding or the Meringue, but it did say it was "fast drying" so me being the product junkie grabbed it and decided to try it out. Once I got back to my office, I looked on the website for more info

stretchsilkening_new.jpg

Miko's favorite. Introducing Stretch Silkening Crème, an amazing addition to our ever expanding curl crème empire. "How's it different from the rest?" I'll tell you. Stretch Silkening Crème is a quicker to dry whipped soufflé that delivers an amazing plump curl and a brilliant shine. Fabulous for fingerstyling. The lightest of the curl crème bunch. P.S. This is not Miko's chemical Silkener technique.

I have to say I REALLY LIKE this product so far! This is by far their best styling creme in my opinion. I was actually more surprised that I had good results because I didn't have high expectations for it, you know us PJ's always try stuff just to try it, even if we don't expect much, lol. The scent is very nice, it provides a soft hold, but defines, and dries with a natural sheen. It's lighter than the two other products and allows for your hair to keep volume and not scream "I have product in my hair" (no jerry curl effect). The plus... IT REALLY DOES DRY QUICKLY!!!! That is the ultimate test for me because I'm always on the go and the less time drying my hair, the better. It has about the same drying time as my trusty Fantasia IC Gel and so much quicker than the pudding and meringue.

Although it's called "silkening stretch creme", because it is a lighter product, I don't think that it eliminates shrinkage as much as some may assume by the name. That's actually what like about it, it doesn't "stretch" my curls out TOO much, but allows them to form and be full and fluffy with body and movement. If I want more stretched out curls, I will use the blow dryer technique to stretch them out more. It's a very sheer styling product, meaning once it's dry it's weightless and the hair is clean to touch. If you are looking or expecting this product to provide extreme "silkening" or "texturizing" like results, it won't and I suggest you don't spend the money. But if you are looking for a product that will eliminate frizz, provide definition and allow you to keep volume, softness and fullness, give it a shot. I would definitely recommend this one to those who thought the pudding and meringue were too heavy or drying.

Last edited:
Ok ladies...although I do like the buttercremes, I was never a HUGE fan of the Miss Jessie's styling products (pudding or meringue). They were too heavy, weighed my hair down, and took FOREVER to dry. I didn't like the what I felt was an "artificial effect" on my curls and the scent was too strong. I went into Ricky's to grab something really quick and saw a new Miss Jessie's Product on the shelf, Stretch Silkening Creme. The description on the jar didn't really make it clear to me how it was different from the Pudding or the Meringue, but it did say it was "fast drying" so me being the product junkie grabbed it and decided to try it out. Once I got back to my office, I looked on the website for more info

stretchsilkening_new.jpg

Miko's favorite. Introducing Stretch Silkening Crème, an amazing addition to our ever expanding curl crème empire. "How's it different from the rest?" I'll tell you. Stretch Silkening Crème is a quicker to dry whipped soufflé that delivers an amazing plump curl and a brilliant shine. Fabulous for fingerstyling. The lightest of the curl crème bunch. P.S. This is not Miko's chemical Silkener technique.

I have to say I REALLY LIKE this product so far! This is by far their best styling creme in my opinion. I was actually more surprised that I had good results because I didn't have high expectations for it, you know us PJ's always try stuff just to try it, even if we don't expect much, lol. The scent is very nice, it provides a soft hold, but defines, and dries with a natural sheen. It's lighter than the two other products and allows for your hair to keep volume and not scream "I have product in my hair" (no jerry curl effect). The plus... IT REALLY DOES DRY QUICKLY!!!! That is the ultimate test for me because I'm always on the go and the less time drying my hair, the better. It has about the same drying time as my trusty Fantasia IC Gel and so much quicker than the pudding and meringue.

Although it's called "silkening stretch creme", because it is a lighter product, I don't think that it eliminates shrinkage as much as some may assume by the name. That's actually what like about it, it doesn't "stretch" my curls out TOO much, but allows them to form and be full and fluffy with body and movement. If I want more stretched out curls, I will use the blow dryer technique to stretch them out more. It's a very sheer styling product, meaning once it's dry it's weightless and the hair is clean to touch. If you are looking or expecting this product to provide extreme "silkening" or "texturizing" like results, it won't and I suggest you don't spend the money. But if you are looking for a product that will eliminate frizz, provide definition and allow you to keep volume, softness and fullness, give it a shot. I would definitely recommend this one to those who thought the pudding and meringue were too heavy or drying.

You know that the the truth!:lachen::lachen::lachen: I received a email from Naturallycurly.com the other day talking about the 2 new products by Miss Jessie's and you now the PJ in me is itching to buy the BOTH! I too heart the buttercream.

P.S. I knew I should not have come into this thread because I knew you were going to give me that urge to call curlmart!:yep::look:

I didn't buy anything last month and now I'm dying to splurge so you know if I come across this somewhere, it's over. :lachen:I like the container it comes in, how sad is that, most of the time I'll buy something because the packaging is well done to me and then never use it or use it on my goddaughter's hair.

THIS IS NOT A CHEMICAL OR A POST ABOUT THE CHEMICAL PROCESS OF "SILKENING", BUT A NEW STLYING PRODUCT IN THE MISS JESSIE'S LINE THAT USES THE TERM "SILKENING" IN THE NAME

stretchsilkening_new.jpg

It's so good to see you....:yep: Your hair is looking fabulous as ever!

I'm so glad that you share this..I think I'm going to pick some up for my trip to Jamaica in 2 weeks.

Thanks again!

Ingredients: Water, parafinium liquidum, glycerin, wheat amino acids, triethanolamine, acrylates/C 10-30 ALKL, acrylate crosspolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, avocado oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, olive fruit oil, PEG-12 dimethicone, fragrance, ethylexyl methoxycinnamate, oleth-5, DMOM hydration, iodpropynyl butylcarbanate, disodium EDTA, orange 4, red 40

Not the best quality because it's my camera phone, but here's a pic of my results using this product. My hair is completely soft, not crunch at all, which I really enjoy with this product.
IMG00075-vi.jpg

Your hair is beautiful. I just picked up the 2 0z size of this yesterday and I am going to try it tonight. I hope my hair looks as good as yours.

I just got some of this as a gift and I am giving away some on my blog :grin: it worked beautifully for you!! hope it works like that for me!!

If I want more stretched out curls, I will use the blow dryer technique to stretch them out more.

I'd like to learn how to do this with the blow dryer. Do you have or know of a video or picture tutorial on how to do this method?

This sounds like a great product!

Ingredients: Water, parafinium liquidum, glycerin, wheat amino acids, triethanolamine, acrylates/C 10-30 ALKL, acrylate crosspolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, avocado oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, olive fruit oil, PEG-12 dimethicone, fragrance, ethylexyl methoxycinnamate, oleth-5, DMOM hydration, iodpropynyl butylcarbanate, disodium EDTA, orange 4, red 40
oh dear that's mineral oil...:look:

Back