December 2008 ~Hits and Misses~

Kurlee

Man, a couple months ago, these were starting a week early, now they not starting at all :lachen::look:.

Hits:
Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl (better stay this price)
Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme (better stay this price)
Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme :love:

Misses:

Blended Beauty's new scent :barf:

I did this at the very end of November but here goes:

Big Hit: Karishma Henna. Worked really well on my natural hair. I love the color and it feels stronger. I followed curlynikki's method for applying henna-that was a big hit as well.

HITS:
-GVP Joico K-Pak
-GVP Redken Extreme Anti-Snap
-Beyond The Zone Color Jamz Clear Shine Rinse
-Flexi rods

MISSES:
None yet. Let's hope it stays that way! :D

I already posted on some of these, but:

Huge Hits:
1.) Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (Qhemet)
2.) Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Hair Treatment (Curl Junkie)
3.) Ojon Restorative Treatment (makes my hair so soft)

Regular Hits:
1.) Burdock Root Butter Cream (Qhemet)
2.) Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm (Qhemet)

Misses:
1.) Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (moisturizes well, but may be too heavy for my hair, I'll give it another chance though)
2.) Curls Milkshake (Too light of a moisturizer for me, I use it on both of my DD's 3b hair now)
3.) Curly Hair Solutions - Slip (did nothing for me)
4.) Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in (Wasn't impressed, Qhemet's Cocoa Tree is better for my hair, I'll use up what I have though)

On the fence:
*Mizani H20 Nightime Treatment, maybe I just need to use it more.

Last edited:
I already posted on some of these, but:

Huge Hits:
1.) Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (Qhemet)
2.) Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Hair Treatment (Curl Junkie)
3.) Ojon Restorative Treatment (makes my hair so soft)

Regular Hits:
1.) Burdock Root Butter Cream (Qhemet)
2.) Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm (Qhemet)

Misses:
1.) Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (moisturizes well, but may be too heavy for my hair and it STINKS)
2.) Curls Milkshake (Too light of a moisturizer for me, I use it on both of my DD's 3b hair now)
3.) Curly Hair Solutions - Slip (did nothing for me)
4.) Kinky Curly Knot Today (Wasn't impressed)

On the fence:
*Mizani H20 Nightime Treatment, maybe I just need to use it more.
I've been eyeballing this stuff for like a year now, but it's always sold out.

Hit
-Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 !
-CON (rediscovering it)
-mixing random condishes to get rid of them, adding honey and castor oil and DCing with that

silicon mix - on the fence, it made my newgrowth more manageable and kinda gave me more curlies, but the relaxed part of my hair didn't feel nice at all. i'm going to clarify and try again.

Miss~Pureology Purify Shampoo, left my hair dry and tangled.:nono:
whaaa i LOVE this poo. You know it is a chelating poo so it will remove medication, calcium disposition, products build up from within the hair shaft, which a clarifying poo can't do.... which is why yoru hair probably felt stripped. So you have to make sure that you use a quality DC after. It is really powerful so you can dilute it also. I love this poo because after i use it my dc/con and moisturisers really penetrate my hair.

On the Fence--Lanza Healing moisture shampoo, it was just ok. I've used cheapie conditioners that did more, I won't repurchase.

Lanza Kukui conditioner--:ohwell:eh, it was ok. I had to use my cheapie Silk Elements Olive treatment to put the slip back in my hair. Now I have 2 liters of this stuff:rolleyes: I'll just doctor them up and call it a day.

MISS:
ApHOGEE Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer - This one made my hair hard and tangled. It was not from protein overload either. It was that damn PVP in that stuff. I know my hair does not like PVP (POLYVINYL PYRROLIDONE). Everytime I use a product with PVP my hair rejects it. I just thought this one would be good since so many people rave about it. I ended up having to re-wash my hair and starting over.

ON THE FENCE but close to a HIT:
Using Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter Cream as a leave-in. I use and LOVE this as a moisturizer on my dry hair. I did try this as a leave in once but I was so caught up on Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler that I did not give it a fair chance. The Burdock Cream did not detangle as well as the Olive Cream, but it was WAY WAY WAY better than the Cocoa Ghee for me. As I get more NG, I will see how things go.

:look: I better stock up on some jars before it gets discontinued. :look:

MISS:
ApHOGEE Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer - This one made my hair hard and tangled. It was not from protein overload either. It was that damn PVP in that stuff. I know my hair does not like PVP (POLYVINYL PYRROLIDONE). Everytime I use a product with PVP my hair rejects it. I just thought this one would be good since so many people rave about it. I ended up having to re-wash my hair and starting over.

ON THE FENCE but close to a HIT:
Using Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter Cream as a leave-in. I use and LOVE this as a moisturizer on my dry hair. I did try this as a leave in once but I was so caught up on Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler that I did not give it a fair chance. The Burdock Cream did not detangle as well as the Olive Cream, but it was WAY WAY WAY better than the Cocoa Ghee for me. As I get more NG, I will see how things go.

:look: I better stock up on some jars before it gets discontinued. :look:

Is this the new one or the old one? I have a bottle of the old one and I don't have any problems. That is too bad.

Hit: Suave Professionals Humectant. This is a go-to staple for me. I always stray and try other stuff, find that it sucks, and come crawling back to this product. I'll never stray again! :rosebud:

Miss: Hairveda Whipped Baggy Cream. It's so sticky. I've tried mixing it with things to doctor it up, but it's still no good. It makes every piece of lint and dust in the universe stick to my hair. Boo.

HIT: Afroveda Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream

I used this on my dry hair for a twist n curl (a la Curly Nikki-remixed :grin:) and my hair is soft, well moisturized and the scent isn't too strong. I only ordered the sample size, but I think I'll get the full size next time. A little goes a loooonnnnggg way! I did my whole head and only used a very small amount of the sample size jar. Not even 1/4.

They repackaged it:

Old:
http://www.folica.com/ApHOGEE_Keratin_r332_1.html

New:
http://www.aphogee.com/Keratin_Green_Tea Res.aspx

I don't know if the changed the formula also. But I have a couple of things that were repackaged and they sneaked and reformulated too.

Yeah, like the Keratin Conditioner. I don't like the new ingredients at all.

Okay so I have the old one. I used it once about a year ago and loved it. So I am not sure what happened this time. :look: I did change some other things in my nornal regimen that day, like not using my regular serum and my regular leave-in, and using a different conditioner. :lol: okay so maybe it was not the Keratin Green Tea. :lol: But I am scared to use it again.

Miss-Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. I got a sample.

I dont like the smell and it just doesnt do anything for my hair at all. I dotn think it would even work well as a sealant. ORS olive oil creme works much better and it has mineral oil.

Big Hit:

Green Tea Rinse- This was one of the missing links in my regimen. Green tea has slowed down my sheding, Smoothed out my cuticles resulting in shinier hair and better moisture retention. I have not been using it long enough to see how it effects my growth, however even if it does not the other benefits are so amazing that I don’t see giving up the green tea no time soon.

Yeah, like the Keratin Conditioner. I don't like the new ingredients at all.

Okay so I have the old one. I used it once about a year ago and loved it. So I am not sure what happened this time. :look: I did change some other things in my nornal regimen that day, like not using my regular serum and my regular leave-in, and using a different conditioner. :lol: okay so maybe it was not the Keratin Green Tea. :lol: But I am scared to use it again.

I use the keratin green tea and load up with a moisturizing leave in and then rollerset cause air drying does not work with that leave in.

Good luck!

I use the keratin green tea and load up with a moisturizing leave in and then rollerset cause air drying does not work with that leave in.

Good luck!

Okay! thanks girl!

So, I think my mistake was not using a moisturizing leave-in. I did not use one at all, just the keratin green tea and a very light serum. :look: My hair was so hard and brittle!

Okay! thanks girl!

So, I think my mistake was not using a moisturizing leave-in. I did not use one at all, just the keratin green tea and a very light serum. :look: My hair was so hard and brittle!

That is a no no!!!!!!! That is some strong stuff... Whenever I don't want to do an actual protein conditioner I spray this on. Let me know what happens.

HITS:
tigi dumb blonde reconstructor
Millcreek Henna conditioner
Haiveda shikakai extract poo

Last edited:
Hits: Fake/Easy rollersets
I can't do a real rollerset yet but the ponytails method is working out for me pretty well and keeping my hands off of my blowdryer.

Misses: Bad trip to the salon
I really have to learn how to do my own hair because it's been over 2 weeks and I'm just getting the breakage from my relaxer under control. You live, you learn.

Hits:Kenra MC, Aussie 3 min miracle moist and HE LTR condish
Miss: Cantu shea butter leave in- must be too much protein, dried my hair out
On the fence: Kenra leave-in spray
Revisisted hit: Humecto

Hits: Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Kenra Nourishing Masque and ORS Replenishing Pak....I think ORS is better, tho! LOL

Revisited Hits: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo, AO HSR (why o why did I ever stop using this stuff), CHI Silk Infusion

Big Hit:

Green Tea Rinse- This was one of the missing links in my regimen. Green tea has slowed down my sheding, Smoothed out my cuticles resulting in shinier hair and better moisture retention. I have not been using it long enough to see how it effects my growth, however even if it does not the other benefits are so amazing that I don’t see giving up the green tea no time soon.
:yep: this was a big hit for me too! I made a rinse out of loose green tea, hibiscus flower, fenugreek, and 1/2 tsp each of brahmi and amla. I added coconut oil to the distilled water before I added my tea sachet. My hair was ridiculously soft and easy to detangle! It dried moist and shiny. Def a keeper.

Back