Crackers Crumbs: Tales Of A Successful Matchmaker. They's Married Now!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Spin- Off from why I don't feel qualified to give advice in the dating for marriage thread. I suck at matchmaking. The key thing is that it does no good to bring together people who can't stay together.

I posted about helping get my niece engaged to a very nice young man who seems to have a promising future. My niece's mama is a bird and has been trying to sabotage the whole thing from jump even told her daughter to just get a baby on him so she can get a check. I pulled out every guilting, shaming, overselling the dream tactic I could to offset her fool mama and thankfully it seems to have prevented a pregancy at least.

However:

We had my niece and her fiance over for Sunday brunch and something seemed off so I pulled them aside separately tryna feel out what was going on and lil dude told me he appreciated me making him feel like family and he looked so miserable saying it. My niece was like nothing was wrong. I got the call last night that them :censored:'s broke up on the car ride home afterwards. I had met the boys (he's 27/niece 25) parents and they regular bougie middle class black folks and in general decent people. I could tell his mama had serious reservations about the situation but I hipped my niece how to talk to her and how to talk to his fiance about his mama's concerns. That said, he did concede to put the wedding off for a year at his mama's request. I figured that was the beginning of the end but I was like we still got a date set so all wasn't lost.

My niece says that the reason for the break up was that her mama (who she lives with) was running the exes pockets and when he got tired of it he cut off communication with the mother she WENT ON FACEBOOK AND TAGGED HIS FRIENDS LIST TALKING ABOUT HOW CHEAP HE IS. I asked my niece what she did about this and she shrugged her shoulders and asked what was she supposed to do about it?

My doofus niece and her worthless a-- mammy just let a black man who is this --> <-- close to finishing his Actuary certifications slip away like these mfers grow on trees. It goes without saying that I encouraged the relationship because I didn't see any red flags with dude AND he on his way to getting paid. She told me she liked him almost as soon as they met so the attaction was there and he had some act right about him. Silly me thinking that my work there was done.

I asked my niece if she was upset about the break up and she said that she does love him but she won't pick him over her mother. I don't think that is what he was asking her to do but I didn't argue the point. I just told her Aintee is here for her and then had a bottle of wine to contemplate how many ways i wanted to strangle her mama.

My other nieces (all but one have different mothers) are still actively dating, a couple with boyfriends but nothing reported as serious yet.

Le Sigh. This some b.s. tho. :mad:

Update
They back together ya'll!

I been channeling my inner Iyanla to work on this silly girl nonstop. The breaking point was that all those crabs in the barrel she lives in started telling her that she thought she was better than them and said without saying they were glad her way (Lil Dude) out was gone. I took that **** and ran with it. Her and lil dude had been texting on and off so she sent him a Let's Talk message. They talked, she let him know that she would keep her mama in check but sometimes might need his help to do it. And he was like "Ok :love:"

They were over last night for Rosh Hashanah dinner and were all boo'd up so I'm hoping this sticks.

I've talked to her about moving out of her mothers house and she's considering it.

She's pregnant. This was not the ****ing plan.

They are officially Mr. and Mrs. Lil Dude.

Last edited:
Your niece's mother is foul. She did everything in her power to sabotage this. She sounds jealous. I don't get why mothers compete with their daughters, it makes no sense to me. My daughter's happiness is the biggest win IMO
It may not even be jealousy tbh. She may not have a clue how to be in a real relationship so the idea that this could be lasting might be lost on her. In her mind her daughter has been wasting time when she should've been trying to get pregnant because that could be the only way, in her mind, to secure the bag.

Spin- Off from why I don't feel qualified to give advice in the dating for marriage thread. I suck at matchmaking. The key thing is that it does no good to bring together people who can't stay together.

I posted about helping get my niece engaged to a very nice young man who seems to have a promising future. My niece's mama is a bird and has been trying to sabotage the whole thing from jump even told her daughter to just get a baby on him so she can get a check. I pulled out every guilting, shaming, overselling the dream tactic I could to offset her fool mama and thankfully it seems to have prevented a pregancy at least.

However:

We had my niece and her fiance over for Sunday brunch and something seemed off so I pulled them aside separately tryna feel out what was going on and lil dude told me he appreciated me making him feel like family and he looked so miserable saying it. My niece was like nothing was wrong. I got the call last night that them :censored:'s broke up on the car ride home afterwards. I had met the boys (he's 27/niece 25) parents and they regular bougie middle class black folks and in general decent people. I could tell his mama had serious reservations about the situation but I hipped my niece how to talk to her and how to talk to his fiance about his mama's concerns. That said, he did concede to put the wedding off for a year at his mama's request. I figured that was the beginning of the end but I was like we still got a date set so all wasn't lost.

My niece says that the reason for the break up was that her mama (who she lives with) was running the exes pockets and when he got tired of it he cut off communication with the mother she WENT ON FACEBOOK AND TAGGED HIS FRIENDS LIST TALKING ABOUT HOW CHEAP HE IS. I asked my niece what she did about this and she shrugged her shoulders and asked what was she supposed to do about it?

My doofus niece and her worthless a-- mammy just let a black man who is this --> <-- close to finishing his Actuary certifications slip away like these mfers grow on trees. It goes without saying that I encouraged the relationship because I didn't see any red flags with dude AND he on his way to getting paid. She told me she liked him almost as soon as they met so the attaction was there and he had some act right about him. Silly me thinking that my work there was done.

I asked my niece if she was upset about the break up and she said that she does love him but she won't pick him over her mother. I don't think that is what he was asking her to do but I didn't argue the point. I just told her Aintee is here for her and then had a bottle of wine to contemplate how many ways i wanted to strangle her mama.

My other nieces (all but one have different mothers) are still actively dating, a couple with boyfriends but nothing reported as serious yet.

Le Sigh. This some b.s. tho. :mad:
If she married him, that would be the expectation to an extent. Sad tho. Her ma trife

I don't think this is a match making problem. This is just basic ratchet black ish. Not to talk about your folks but I've heard this kind of thing before. So running his pockets how? mama has been basically running the he should be paying for this and that game?? Sigh. See that's not a matching issue, that's just a mentality issue right there. :(And then the SM angle. Sigh. Sigh.

Your stories are always so entertaining. I have a whole visual in my head and everything:look::lachen:

I have a niece such as you speak.. I tried my damness to school her but each year it was on the next bum, till she was knocked up...

Fast forward a few years, and she aching to be free of the responsibilites.

Yes, the mama had her in her clutches... I will not go into details as you never know who is on here board..

Family dynamics are truly fascinating... smh

Wow! Her mom sounds like my mother and my sister. She actually contributed to the demise of my sisters first marriage.

She used to ask my sisters bfs for money. My sis put up with it because she was playing into the mommy s favourite role.

A wealthy family friend gifted my sister with enough money to put a down payment on a house on her wedding day (This lady used to be my moms best friend and my mom had an affair with her husband for years). She excitedly told my mom and mommy dearest got her to give her the money.

Let me just stop. I am going off on a tangent. I was actually thinking to reconnect to the narc but this thread reminded me why I should not even go there.

Your niece is stupid like my sister.

My family and your family must be connected somehow. I could see how this goes down. Homeboy is probably not from one of those families. So mama coming at him for cigarette and pepsi money at first probably was unexpected but he acquiesced because it seemed minor. Then she probably started ratcheting it up, light bill, rent etc. Because that's how those types do. Next thing he tells his mama trying to get some assistance and she's like hell to the no. Listen niece will never get anybody worth a darn until she puts her mom at arm's length and make sure not to let her get too close to her dudes. This may take some therapy work though.

Your niece's mother is foul. She did everything in her power to sabotage this. She sounds jealous. I don't get why mothers compete with their daughters, it makes no sense to me. My daughter's happiness is the biggest win IMO

Im actually really annoyed by this

I really hate hateful parents. Ruining her daughter's life out of jealousy. Ugh gross. Tagging his friends? Tf? This aint Love and HipHop. Bird indeed.(no offense CP)

Last edited:
It may not even be jealousy tbh. She may not have a clue how to be in a real relationship so the idea that this could be lasting might be lost on her. In her mind her daughter has been wasting time when she should've been trying to get pregnant because that could be the only way, in her mind, to secure the bag.
My niece's mother has 11 kids only 2 are by my brother. I have never asked how many other dudes were involved with the other kids because they are none of my concern.

I am not gonna talk bad about your niece's mother but do you want me send some peoples around to see her?:sekret:
I don't talk about the kids mama's to them but I don't hold my tongue elsewhere. You send somebody round them folks they go get robbed tho. They savages over there.

I don't think this is a match making problem. This is just basic ratchet black ish. Not to talk about your folks but I've heard this kind of thing before. So running his pockets how? mama has been basically running the he should be paying for this and that game?? Sigh. See that's not a matching issue, that's just a mentality issue right there. :(And then the SM angle. Sigh. Sigh.

Your stories are always so entertaining. I have a whole visual in my head and everything:look::lachen:
It was and still is my hope that my niece can rise above the ratchet. She's a stereotypical beautiful girl with the IQ of a bag of rocks. In the right hands she's moldable. Unfortunately, her mama is doing the molding with limited vision of how far she can go.

My family and your family must be connected somehow. I could see how this goes down. Homeboy is probably not from one of those families. So mama coming at him for cigarette and pepsi money at first probably was unexpected but he acquiesced because it seemed minor. Then she probably started ratcheting it up, light bill, rent etc. Because that's how those types do. Next thing he tells his mama trying to get some assistance and she's like hell to the no. Listen niece will never get anybody worth a darn until she puts her mom at arm's length and make sure not to let her get too close to her dudes. This may take some therapy work though.

That's exactly the procession and she put a little more bass in her voice with every new request.

It's no fail with him because even his mother was trying to give it one year to see if things could turn around. She must have spied the problem, her mother. SMH. Good grief. Somebody needs a one-way ticket out of the "ratchet" mind. SMH. She's very immature and will come around one day. He dodged a bullet.

Cp, you're my girl, but if that was my son I would have moved heaven and hell to keep that marriage from happening. His mama was probably in his ear EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT.
I mentioned in the other thread that I was starting to feel guilty about this set up for the ex fiance but when it comes to outsiders I'ma always put my family first. The only thing I didn't do in my niece's best interest was not protest him putting off the wedding for a year. I would NEVER have gone for that for myself but I was like if they stay together that long then it's meant to be. In the back of my mind tho, I was like this ain't a good sign.

Neice is going to regret this in a few years. Trust me I know, :look:

At some point she has to realize that Mama has already lived her life, made her choices (wrong or right) without any interferences from her and its time for her to do the same.

And as rare as these men are, I would have to tell mom to fall back and deal with the consequences later.

Its funny because folks will be all in your business, ruining ish to keep you single while they laid up with they boo.

She gotta fix it now, so if she do have the opportunity to be with a winner again, Mama will know her place.

He's going to be an actuary and mama :censored: around? :handslap:

tumblr_inline_o12d1bkfMb1tqt2ou_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o12rtqpeRC1rcccx5_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o1vxckSa011qzycrc_500.gif

tumblr_inline_oblwaaIF9Q1tzisqd_500.gif

My niece's mother has 11 kids only 2 are by my brother. I have never asked how many other dudes were involved with the other kids because they are none of my concern.

I don't talk about the kids mama's to them but I don't hold my tongue elsewhere. You send somebody round them folks they go get robbed tho. They savages over there.

It was and still is my hope that my niece can rise above the ratchet. She's a stereotypical beautiful girl with the IQ of a bag of rocks. In the right hands she's moldable. Unfortunately, her mama is doing the molding with limited vision of how far she can go.

That's exactly the procession and she put a little more bass in her voice with every new request.
It's really interesting how family background and dynamics will trump everything else and it always reveals itself, you can't hide it forever. I hate she couldn't shake it. Sigh.

Back