conditioner w/ the MOST SLIP?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

WHICH CONDITIONER or Leave-In HAS THE BEST SLIP POSSIBLE!!!:drunk:

AND YOUR HAIR TYPE (if possible)

again "detangling and slip" are the only characteristics in question here.....and the SLIP FACTOR is the main target

Last edited:
Idk, you may have to follow up with something because I don't think slip means that it's moisturizing. At least not for my hair :laugh:

I guess my vote goes to Aussie Moist. I haven't tried many conitioners for slip purposes only though.

I vote Keracare Humecto. My hair just falls apart when I use that stuff.

But I agree with ShyIntellect...more slip doesn't always mean best for the hair.
Like Keracare gives my hair the best slip, but there are others that are more moisturizing.

I like NTM, though I haven't used it for a while (I've been using Hair One almost exclusively)...actually I might buy some today...

@Chaosbutterfly--your siggie cracks me up every time I see it!

Last edited:
Redken smooth down line.
Tresemme silky and smooth is like a cheaper version of smooth down well.. at least for my hair. Both very moisturizing. Redken is more moisturizing.

With cones: Aussie 3 min moisture, Suave Almond and Shea butter

Without cones: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, and Karen's body beautiful (I notice for me, her products work better on my natural texture)

I vote Keracare Humecto. My hair just falls apart when I use that stuff.

But I agree with ShyIntellect...more slip doesn't always mean best for the hair.
Like Keracare gives my hair the best slip, but there are others that are more moisturizing.

yeah...I JUST NEED SLIP and detangling ....:wallbash:

my hair won't stop itching so i wash or cowash or try treatments almost every day....need that slip factor
i put yogurt on my scalp....worked like a dream first day....never again

Kerastase Aqua Oleum treatment followed up by masquintense. Unbelievable slip and heavenly moisturised hair. When I do this treatment my hair straightens beautifully, it just gleams! Unfortunately this combination is quite expensive used in this way, so I won't be doing it too often.

you have GOT to try Aussie Moist. that'll give u slip, moisture, detangling, and it works great as a leave-in. been using it for bout as long as i've been taking care of my hair-it's great stuff.

the best slip i ever got was from hydratherma naturals amino protein deep con.

i don't like it as a protein condish (i don't get any protein boost from it)

but when i am 8 weeks post and need detangling magic, that stuff works like a charm.

my stylist is natural and she swears by it...she put me on to it.

also giovanni smooth as silk leave in gives great slip too and is available in a store, but hydratherma beats it. only drawback with hydratherma amino protein is it's only available online.

My top 4 faves for great everything, including slip:

Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish Condish
Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Condish
Herbal Essence None of Your Frizziness
Mizani Moisturefuse

Oh, without cones definitely Tresemme Natural. This is what I use to cowash, I love the stuff. I don't know if it provides an INCREDIBLE amount of slip though.

I like Aussie Moist Conditioner. Also a few ladies like Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, never tried it because I can't find it in Toronto but it's supposed to be really good. I already know the regular Aussie Moist Conditioner is good though so you can try either or.

The best slip and detangler KeraCare humecto hands down for me! It also leaves my hair very moisturized. I also love Silk Elements Luxury moisturizing conditioner

Idk, you may have to follow up with something because I don't think slip means that it's moisturizing. At least not for my hair :laugh:

I guess my vote goes to Aussie Moist. I haven't tried many conitioners for slip purposes only though.

YESSSS!!!! AUSSIE MOIST! It is the ish! I finally used it over the weekend and my hair was like, ":lick::lick:" also it smells really good. I bought the 1 liter bottle!

Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist (it's a tie for me)

@ bolded: The holy grail of DCs for me. Do you think it provides an INCREDIBLE amount of slip though? I'm relaxed and I see you're natural....I get more moisture than slip from that conditioner.

My two paths to slip city:

1. LeKair Cholesterol plus and EVOO mix for overnight prepoo, followed by Cream of Nature Kiwi and Citrus Moisturizing shampoo and quick conditioner in the morning (the combo of LeKair and CON is key - when I use other shampoos incg. sulfate frees, no slip). I use Kenra MC for the morning quick condish.

2. Motions Silk Protein DC (with any poo) - mega slip.

Overnight, no-heat DCing is the only way I've been able to get slip. I have yet to get slip with cowashing when my NG is in thick. Tried HE Hello Hydration 3 days ago and it was like the comb hit a NG brick wall right at my temple LOL and later in the day my hair was dryyyy and NG crunchy even with creamy leave-in.

Back