Can I say....I'M FRIGGIN' JEALOUS!!!!

nychaelasymone

I'm happy despite all that has occured in my life whether I allowed it or not....but I just want to say

this time of year makes me jealous....seeing all these lovely dovey couples walking around in the nice weather. All my neighbors have a sigificant others that visit almost everyday after work & on the weekend. They all make me sick!!!! It has to be a wonderful feeling to have someone in your life that wants to be with you. God bless'em.......

Don't be jealous. You never know what's really going on. They could be abusing their mates or cheating on them. They may have given them AIDS and they don't know it yet. They may appear all happy but you never know what's behind closed doors. You have your own life to live don't envy other people it won't get you anywhere.

I'm happy despite all that has occured in my life whether I allowed it or not....but I just want to say

this time of year makes me jealous....seeing all these lovely dovey couples walking around in the nice weather. All my neighbors have a sigificant others that visit almost everyday after work & on the weekend. They all make me sick!!!! It has to be a wonderful feeling to have someone in your life that wants to be with you. God bless'em.......
:lachen::lachen::lachen: I know how you feel!

I am sure that for the most part it is wonderful to have someone in your life that wants to be with you :yep: All in due time Nychaelasymone

Don't be jealous. You never know what's really going on. They could be abusing their mates or cheating on them. They may have given them AIDS and they don't know it yet. They may appear all happy but you never know what's behind closed doors. You have your own life to live don't envy other people it won't get you anywhere.

Great advice! :yep:

(((HUG))) Keep your head up and don't loose your hope. Your time is coming.

eta... don't use comparison to make you dissatisfied with yourself, or your life. You're great and on track!

:lachen: Geez if she didnt stop after this post then she probably did LOL Lovehaters! I like seeing people genuinely in love but I also like seeing pregnant women. They look so cute with their bellies wobbling around. :spinning: I just like seeing people happy though Im not always happy.

I know exactly how you feel:lachen:. It's no jealousy per se for me it's more of feeling lonely. But it does feel good to love somebody and that someone loves you back. It will happen for you (and me) girlie.

I get a little weepy when I see happy couples because I use to be a happy couple and never in a million years did I think I would be a divorcee' but hey life goes on. I will meet my true love when the time is right. I am just enjoying my solitude and preparing myself.

I agree. We are always on the outside looking in. No relationship is perfect, so surely all those 'happy' couples have their ups and downs.

LOL @ some of your comments and WHOOOOAAAA to some others.....

Although I know I'm only seeing what's on the outside, it is very touching to see a man love his woman, the way he grabs her around the waist and how women will touch their mans face......it's just nice to see some genuine lovely dovey emotions.

I am happy w/ my life, what ever is meant for my life will be and I'm okay w/ that ....maybe a little jealous because I would love to know how it feels to have a man genuinely love me and show it. They still make me sick.

Or they could be perfectly happy, faithful and disease free.

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter how good/bad someone else's relationship is. Being jealous or envious or hating isn't gonna bring you someone to love.

I feel you though, OP.

It can be very hard sometimes.

I know exactly how you feel:lachen:. It's no jealousy per se for me it's more of feeling lonely. But it does feel good to love somebody and that someone loves you back. It will happen for you (and me) girlie.

Exactly, it's not necessarily envy for me. For example, my friend found this really great guy that she's fell in love with immediately, it's like they are both sooo in synced with each other, and i'm very happy for her. They are very affectionate towards each other, and in public as soon as I turn my back they are hugging, or she's caressing him, everyone can just see the love between them, and she says it's just amazing how the feel about each other. I won't lie, I look at them and I realize the 3 years i've wasted on a loser that treated me like shyt. I yearn for that type of love and connection that my friend and her SO has. I know my time will come, but I still feel a slight way when I see couples together.

LOL @ some of your comments and WHOOOOAAAA to some others.....

Although I know I'm only seeing what's on the outside, it is very touching to see a man love his woman, the way he grabs her around the waist and how women will touch their mans face......it's just nice to see some genuine lovely dovey emotions.

I am happy w/ my life, what ever is meant for my life will be and I'm okay w/ that ....maybe a little jealous because I would love to know how it feels to have a man genuinely love me and show it. They still make me sick.

I will admit that I feel this way too. It's not like I look at these couples and hate on them at all, quite the opposite, I just wonder what that love and connection feels like b/c I haven't had it in YEARS. Even when I read some of the posts on the board about women really feeling in sync with their SO, it really does touch me and make me realize that the person I was with really is not for me at all.

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter how good/bad someone else's relationship is. Being jealous or envious or hating isn't gonna bring you someone to love.

I feel you though, OP.

It can be very hard sometimes.

Yes. You summed it up better than me :lachen:I was exaggerating but that was my point. Maybe for some people jealousy can be a driving factor for them. I'm jealous of Bill Gates so that's going to make me want to work even harder to get where he is.

Yes. You summed it up better than me :lachen:I was exaggerating but that was my point. Maybe for some people jealousy can be a driving factor for them. I'm jealous of Bill Gates so that's going to make me want to work even harder to get where he is.

LOL. Shoot, I hear that! :yep:

It really is better to focus that energy into doing what you need to do to be where you wanna be than sitting.

Don't be jealous honey!! The grass isn't always greener on the other side. A lot of couples can put on a "happy" front. Things can look so awwww and sweet on the outside, but it could be pure hell behind closed doors. I know this because I was in that type of situation once before and thank goodness I am out. But, with that said, don't be jealous of something you see. It only makes you want it more, and sometimes for the wrong reasons. Then you may end up getting something you hadn't bargained for. Thankfully, I've stumbled upon someone who really makes me happy, so I don't have to put on a "happy" front anymore. Just enjoy life now as it is and embrace it. Your time will come sooner than you think!!!:yep:

Agreed.

Plus, I look at those things as signs that love is still alive and well...and that if I want it for myself, it's there. I actually like seeing couples being lovey dovey because affection is a good thing. :yep:

I can see how you would be annoyed though, OP. I guess I just had a paradigm shift and learned to appreciate that I'm not being shut out, and that seeing things that I want that others may have only affirms the possibility in my life.

I know how you feel as well.

But at some point you have to be able to find comfort in being alone. You should be able to rely in your own happiness and love. I want romantic love too, but right now it isn't happening. and it is ok, you don't have to have a man in your life to feel that sort of comfort and security. I know that you want that feeling of a mans wonderful arms wrapped around you, but now isnt the time. I believe that there is someone for everyone and you will find him one day.. But it isnt right now...

But outside of that, I am happy with myself and my life. I am preparing to graduate college, and there are plenty of worse places I could be and you too( trust me i have been to those places and they suck). You are healthy, have a place to live and access to all that life has for you. Don't let not having one thing ruin your day.. Look at them and take notes to how you want to feel , but be grateful for you have.

Your time will come when someone is jealous of you.:yep:

I think I should say this....I'm not 'jealous' per-se of anyone who is seemingly in love. I'm happy for them and look forward to it one day myself. I think its a wonderful feeling to love and be loved in return (think that's a line of a song but I digress). I've experienced both being alone and being in a relationship and they all have their benefits. At this time of year its just seemingly more obvious to see more couples in love....the weather is nice, people are out and about, and that's wonderful. I look foward to love I can relate to and give back....but until then....I'm cool....actually....I'm real good.

Back