Black People have the Worst Kind of Hair...

I have a question:

What was the little girl's father doing when all of this was going down? Did he say anything to his evil wicked sister when she was degrading his daughter.
I am sure that little girl was aware and watching what was going on (hence her crying to her mother about it later). It would have made her feel a little bit better I think if she SAW her father standing up for his little girl. A father's perception of you at a young age (him telling you that you are beautiful) really helps a little girl's self esteem.
I hope the father also told his daughter that she has beautiful hair as well.

I don't understand how the "boyrfriends" even got with her in the first place. How the heck did he stay with her for 7 years and put up with her negative attitudes towards black people and he is black himself. I am dumbfounded by that one :perplexed

The boyfriend that left her after the "not my baby" comment....what should I say about that one? Now he should have known that she was like that before he slept with her and made a baby. Why did he wait until after the baby was born to leave her as a single parent when he probably knew her character before all this. Please don't tell me that father is black too...because then I would really be dumbfounded.

She must have some good stuff. Cause I don't see how these black men can want to be with someone like that.

Girl, that's what I was thinking! But none of them were cute :giggle: so maybe they were desperate, I don't get it either:ohwell:

That is sad to hear, but she's not a rare breed. There are many people who feel the same way; irregardless of race.

How can she expect to comb the child's hair with a fine tooth comb AND dry hair; and complain about the child's hair. She's so ignorant. And she won't change. What kind of hair does she have? I'm just curious.

My ex was Dominican and his mother used to say the same thing about being with me. All the while, her OWN KIDS looked Black!! But she looked Spanish with straight hair. It didn't work out b/w us, but I'm glad that it did; cause this is exactly what I DON'T want to deal with!

I wish you the best. I hope you keep your kinky hair babies away from her when you do have them.

I have a question:

What was the little girl's father doing when all of this was going down? Did he say anything to his evil wicked sister when she was degrading his daughter.
I am sure that little girl was aware and watching what was going on (hence her crying to her mother about it later). It would have made her feel a little bit better I think if she SAW her father standing up for his little girl. A father's perception of you at a young age (him telling you that you are beautiful) really helps a little girl's self esteem.
I hope the father also told his daughter that she has beautiful hair as well.

He did tell his daughter that her hair was beautiful and he kept kissing and hugging her. For the most part, though, he just kept saying "That's why I don't come around you anymore...You are crazy...etc"

Yep, I don't like going to Dominican Salons since I have natural hair. I feel that some not all but some do have problems with kinky hair.

Sorry you had to go through this but did he put his mother in check?

I congradulate you for not putting your foot in her ass. There's not many that would have showed that kind of restraint.

-A

I'm sorry to hear that.. and I completely understand right now because my Dominican grandmother hasn't spoken to me since I did the BC because now my hair is "bad"... In general they are just really racist and deny anything "black" because they deny the fact that they have slave ancestry... my grandma didnt speak to me for 2 years after i told her that she was black! I definately feel for that little girl since my gram gave me my first perm at 4 when my mom sent me to the DR!! My mom is black and she reassured me that i was beautiful despite the fact that my gram hates me and my parents relationship.. but its all good. things will get better for you... :grouphug3: If you ever need to talk i'm here...

Last edited:
He did tell his daughter that her hair was beautiful and he kept kissing and hugging her. For the most part, though, he just kept saying "That's why I don't come around you anymore...You are crazy...etc"

AWWWW he is a good dad. :yep: (But I know his wife is pissed that he even brought the child over to that witch's house) :ohwell:

Initially he was trying to distract Winnie, she's always been really quit, but during the whole discussion, she looked really upset, but after a while, he couldn't contain himself...

He basically told her that she was just self hating (her father's half dominican/half Hatian). He told her that she will never be apart of our lives b/c she has always been spiteful and mean...that's why she's always going to be alone. When she gets old he'd rather put her in a nursing home than bring her around his family...etc, it got really ugly to the point where I had to finish her hair outside. Then we went home

Your SO is a real man. I know inside he was hurt and embarrased that his mother acted like this. Thank goodness something good came from this woman.

I don't think you should leave him at all. In fact, it's admirable that he was able to stand up to his mother. It's also amirable that he doesn't carry some of her racist attitudes. Thats hard to do when you grow up in a home with a racist. I think this proves he's a keeper.

After the initial shock, I had to be realistic and say I agree with this sentiment now. I have some idiots for friends and family members and... I wouldn't want someone to assume I was like them just because we share bloodlines. Best of luck....
This is one hecka funny sitcheacion.

I am truly sorry you have to go through this. I've always considered you a pretty person, and I adore your hair in your Youtube videos, so I don't understand how someone who has the pleasure of seeing it in real life would be disgusted by it :nono: It reminds me of my Mexican ex's mother. She was ruthless while we were together, and couldn't keep any of her feelings to herself or even try to change. She didn't know I knew Spanish either, and when she found out she started talking fast so I wouldn't get what she said (and I did anyway :wallbash:) about us. Some women are just cruel, and I bet her feelings have nothing to do with her son and his happiness too.

Dominicans are African also. Where do they think their tinted skin and textured hair come from? I hate when Dom. ppl act like that. (I know not everyone does that). The worst part is her pointing to a bebe and using her as an example of ugliness. I would not have stood for that. I'm super polite and really quiet, but I would have had to put it on her to protect a child at that point. That's insanity.

It never occurred to me that they (well, not his whole family, just his mother and his little brother) are SERIOUSLY RACIST. His mother dates Black men, but she refused to marry them or have Kids with any of them becasue she doesn't want a child with (and I quote) NASTY KINKY BAD HAIR :nono:

Sounds like an ex friend of mine. Engaged to this wonderful Black man, but won't be marrying him. She is waiting for better :nono:

Dominicans are African also. Where do they think their tinted skin and textured hair come from? I hate when Dom. ppl act like that. (I know not everyone does that). The worst part is her pointing to a bebe and using her as an example of ugliness. I would not have stood for that. I'm super polite and really quiet, but I would have had to put it on her to protect a child at that point. That's insanity.

Don't say such things. You know that an ultimate lie!!!! :look:

After the initial shock, I had to be realistic and say I agree with this sentiment now. I have some idiots for friends and family members and... I wouldn't want someone to assume I was like them just because we share bloodlines. Best of luck....
This is one hecka funny sitcheacion.

I'm walking around looking like this (in the process of mini twisting:lachen:)
m_3759750003f3baff2054d1cfb804bb65.jpg

And he's looking at me like this
m_6397e8df775baa1ea151bf960c9aa9a0.jpg

So, he's definately a keeper!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Back