Before finding LHCF how long was your stretch?

How long was your stretch between relaxers pre-lhcf?

• 4 weeks

Votes: 56 18.2%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 86 28.0%
  • 7-9 weeks

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • 10-12 weeks

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 52 16.9%

• Total voters
Before LHCF I already knew that it was best not to do relaxers so often.
So, I would do relaxers every 4-6 months depending on how much I needed it and if I had braids in my hair.

Before LHCF, i relaxed at 5 weeks and at 7 weeks i looked a HAM! I'm going for my first stretch now...i'm at 8 weeks, trying to go for 10.

I used to stetch 8 weeks max prior to LHCF...:wallbash: But Now I stretch a min of 12 weeks...my beautician hates it but , she will be ok I am a great tipper ....lol:spinning: I try to get my relaxers three times a year, and it has done wonders for me in my hair journey.:yep:

I'd say about 10-12 weeks for me. Only ocassionally I would end up stretching 14-16 weeks when I got lazy and didn't feel like dealing with my hair.

Before finding LHCF my longest stretch was 18wks...

I was always a stretcher, I use to relax every 4 months

I have to be a stronger hair stretcher! Anything past 8wks and my hair will look a MESS! My next stretch will end sometime in October, I'll see if I can do it until November.

Before it was every 6 weeks. The longest it went was 8 weeks before my last relaxer but that wasn't on purpose. Now I am at 8 weeks and am trying to stretch for 12.

I didn't stretch before LHCF. I was always afraid of suffering major breakage and always relaxed every 4-6 weeks.

Before LHCF, I still would stretch 4 and 5 months at a time per the request of my beautician that I had at the time.

My longest stretch was about a year or a month sort of, i've always been into healthy hair care, with lhcf it was just nice to find a whole community built on hair. I learned at a young age how to care for my hair because my mom was a hair stylist and spending soooo much time in salons you learn alot.

I haven't stretched a year yet during lhcf maybe about 7 months approx stretching takes alot of will power, conditioning etc.

I selected 10-12, even though I never made it to 12 weeks often, my norm was 9-10 weeks....but I just did my first stretch and made it to 33 weeks, from now on I'm doing 24 week stretches...

I took a weird about turn with my stretching. When I first started relaxing my hair I did it every three months sometimes four; my hair was thick and healthy then. All of a sudden I started relaxing every 8 weeks, not quite sure why that happened. Anyway with the increased relaxing I started to loose the thickness over time, which is why I've started incorporating stretching again. The density of my hair has really improved due to the stretching.

Last edited:
What I was doing really wasn't a stretch. I was just going about 9 weeks between relaxers because I could wash my hair and my ng would be managable so I didn't need to relax.

7 weeks was my magic number. 6wks was too soon but eight, OMG, I thought all my hair would fall out if I waited.
Now I do 14-16wks standing on my head, like nothing!

Thanks LHCF!!!

MY goal is 3 relaxers a year only:yep:

Back