Before finding LHCF how long was your stretch?

How long was your stretch between relaxers pre-lhcf?

• 4 weeks

Votes: 56 18.2%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 86 28.0%
  • 7-9 weeks

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • 10-12 weeks

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 52 16.9%

• Total voters
6 weeks to the day.:) Standing appointment. I am still new so this is my first stretch. I don't reaally know how long I can go but I am going to try for as many as possible. I hate the beauty shop!

Never stretched before this forum. I always thought the longer you wait between relaxers, the more damage you do. Little did I know. I have now successfully stretched to 12 wks:grin:! I was always 5-6 wks. NEVER again!

Before I went to stylists and just texturized my hair(didn't knew back then what I did was considerd texturizing)I relaxed my hair anywhere between 10 and 20 weeks.
After stylists got ahold of me my hair got relaxed every 6 weeks

The year prior to LHCF I used to relax every 5 or 6 weeks before LHCF, thinking that if I left it longer, I'd get breakage (as stylists told me). Now I stretch about 3 or 4 months.

My hair is in much better condition and is getting its thickness back!

I learned from LHCF how to keep the new growth soft (moisturising, co washes, deep conditioning) and this helps me to stretch. As well as being texturised.

Before LHCF I relaxed every 6-8 weeks faithfully, whether I needed it or not...I now go a minimum 12 and my hair has drastically improved.

I used to stretch every 4 weeks like clockwork. Now I stretch between 8-10 weeks. This is 1 of the major changes that has helped me maintain length.

It varied, I would have to say on average3-4 months. I keep saying thT i am going to stretch 6 months and textlax once a yr then summer comes and I hate frizzy hair. Now that I understand the whole moisture thing...maybe I can do. Not making it official though..lol

Pre-Lhcf, it was 5-6 weeks. Now I'm up to 10 and won't go beyond that. I can't say I love to stretch, actually I don't. Only cause I get really scared about breakage between 8-10 weeks, and I absolutely can't wear my hair out during this time. So if I have a function to go to I'm just out of luck with the same 'ol bun. But I do thinks it's better for my hair, and I save a LOT of money, even while using phyto.;)

Pre LHCF I would stretch to almost 3 months. I did it because I thought the stylist's prices were ridiculously high. I would relax at week 10-12. I still relax around that time but more for the health of my hair as my current stylist has much better prices.

I normally would go every 6-8 weeks. The only time I would go longer is when I was broke or didn't have time. Now I go every 10 weeks since joining LHCF and I'm trying to reach up to 12 if my hair lets me.

I would relax as soon as my hair got "nappy". That was around 5 weeks. I am now going 8-10 weeks and it is alot better for my hair. I have about an inch of new growth in most places and close to an inch and a half in some spots and I am 6 weeks post. Now that I understand my hair better I will keep going atleast 8-10. I am trying to build up to maybe 12-13 weeks.

ETA: I can't count, I am 8 weeks now.

Last edited:
Before LHCF I used to go get a relaxer every 6-8 wks. Probably 90% of the time it was every 6 wks. Now i stretch til every 12wks. One time i stretched til 14 wks. Stretch'n for me is like breathing (thank goodness for that).

1-2 years. I didn't really do touch-ups. I relaxed my virgin hair, let the relaxer grow completely out, then relaxed my virgin hair again. My mom still does that to this day.

before discovering this board I relaxed the moment I saw a kink:lol: which would be every 6 weeks. My hair would break and wouldn't grow and I didn't understand why but once discovering hair boards and reading about different tips, I started stretching 12 - 14 weeks and now my hair grows and is thicker. I thank God for LHCF!!
Bless Ya'll!

sareca said:
1-2 years. I didn't really do touch-ups. I relaxed my virgin hair, let the relaxer grow completely out, then relaxed my virgin hair again. My mom still does that to this day.
So its kind of like a permanent transistion?

Always 3 months or so. I had a very old school haidresser, from 5 until 23, and she didn't even want to give me a relaxer at 18 but I begged :lol: . We never called it stretching, she'd always say, "I can just pull that new growth straight with a rollerset." Of course, when she retired, I went to other stylists who wanted to relax before we could even tell I had new growth. That happened 2x, then I found this site and took over :grin: . Now, I stretch as long as possible!

I used to go 5 to 6 weeks between relaxers. Now it closer to 8 and I am trying push it a little further each time, but my hair has quite of bit of shedding if I wait much beyond 8.

My hair is stronger, fuller and has a thicker, yet smooth texture. (That is probably the PhytoSpecific, though.)

I used to stretch evey 4 weeks. My hair was healthy and long. I will try to stretch for a minimum of 8 weeks. I'm not bone strait, so I may be able to do this.

Before discorbing the hair boards, I stretched on average about 8 weeks. Rarely did I ever relax past 10 because that was simply asking for trouble.

I now can comfortable stretch for 12 weeks with little to no problem.

Before LHCF I use to relax 4-5 times a year. Ever since I was 14. Still do the same thing but aiming for more like 4 times a year now. My hair was always THICK and never took relaxers that well (never had bone straight in my life), so I figured maybe it wasn't meant for me to have super straight hair. Thinking about it now I've been texlaxed since I started then LOL. But I'm loving it now.

JustMeSteph said:
So its kind of like a permanent transistion?

Pretty much. I touch-up now; so far I've had two, but I miss seeing and feeling my natural texture when the touch-ups are too frequent. :yep:

Last edited:
I usally went for 8-9 weeks or so, till I thought my relaxer had grown out. Now I go 12 weeks and I love it. What really helped me was MSM it softened that new growth right up.

Back