Votes: 311 48.9%
  • Armpit Length

Votes: 177 27.8%
  • Brastrap Length

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • I've always been able to grow long hair

Votes: 53 8.3%

• Total voters
Before LHCF my hair grow about an inch or so past SL, since reading then joining LHCF I am now APL moving toward BSL :yay:who would have thought....

My hair has never been this long, while I in charge of it. Usually my hair rests on my neck and no further, now it sits on my collar bone comfortably, so this is the longest it has every been. I've been wearing braids for the last 4 months so I don't know how long it has gotten but maybe in 2010 or something my hair will be the way I dreamt it will be, healthy armpit/bra strap:yep:

I pressed Armpit by error. I meant to press shoulder, as I have never been beyond shoulder. I'm going to plan a"ARM PIT NIGHT OUT"Dinner at our favorite restaurant":grin:

Actually my hair is grazing my collar bone now and I can contribute it all to LHCF. My hair has never been healthier since I learned to take care of it from the hair care tips noted on this forum. Since staying away from heat, babying and moisturizing my ends, weekly deep conditioning, no petroleum or mineral oils, moisturizing and sealing with oils, and protective styling, and many other tips I have made a habit of, have all contributed to my hair length. Now I want to learn to do without the use of my hair comb when shampooing, and be able to use my fingers to detangel.
icon12.gif

The longest part of my hair is just at armpit. Before LHCF, I didn't realize how much direct heat damage was being done to my hair by stylist. For me, direct heat = cut. My hair has always set just past my shoulders, but never armpit. Shooting for BSL.:yep:

I DC once or twice a week. For the straight look, rollerset (flat iron roots).

Wow! It's been 8 months since I posted this thread and now I can actually respond to it:grin:

Before joining LHCF the longest my hair had been was neck length barely grazing the shoulders. Now I'm a full collar bone length approx 1 inch from arm pit!

What's helped me is no heat, BT, exercise, deep conditioning 1-2 times a week, and moisture, moisture, moisture! I got swang to my hurr now:grin: I should be full arm pit by my 1 year LHCF anniversary!:grin:

8 months after I had first posted in this thread I can report that I am breaking new grounds: I am a little past APL.
I am on my way to reach BSL by year end. Never thought I would be here as a little girl or even a couple of years ago.
:bouncegre

I couldn't really answer the poll because my hair always grew past shoulder but it stalled between shoulder and APL, never going too much beyond 2 or 3" past shoulder.

I couldn't really answer the poll because my hair always grew past shoulder but it stalled between shoulder and APL, never going too much beyond 2 or 3" past shoulder.

I was always in the same boat....and people used to STILL say "Dang yo hair is long!" ....had me really thinking I was doin' something.:lachen:

My hair has never been waist length . I've always been able to grow long hair so I can't wait to see how long it grow now that I'm actually taking care of it. :grin:

My hair has never grown to my shoulders....this is a first for me and I'm so excited :yep:! I use to over process (relax all the way to the ends), heat every day...etc.

Co-washing, moisturizing and protecting my ends have helped me tremendously. And just reading and educating myself has made a world of difference :yep:!

Thank you ladies. You're the best!

I never ever made it past neck length..I dont know what having hair on my shoulders feels like. Thank God he sent me here that night :yep:

I have been full APL before but I had to trim about 3 inches off in July this year due to split and ragged ends and I also just trimmed about a half inch off last month. Now I'm a half inch away from full APL again.

I have never been BSL before and I believe that because I understand more about retaining length, I will get there by October 2008, just in time for my birthday.

My hair longest lenght was MBL until I turned 10 I put gum in it.:wallbash: Boy, was my parents :wallbash:. Then it grew back in 6 years to thick full MBL:yep: I was 16 and had a Dominican hair cut. All the way to ear length.:wallbash: hey I was rockin the Rhi before she was even thought of. EH! My hair has never been past WST.:look:

My goal is full BSL 12-31-08, I am currently APL full
My next goal is Full WSL 12-31-2012!:yawn:

My hair is currently SL I have never been APL. Ohhh I am lying, my hair has never been these length since I have been doing it LOL. Once was BSL way back in the gap.

Well ive never had hair this short before but it is slowly coming closw to the length it was pre hair board care. the longest my hair was with proper hair care was 3 inches from my bra strap in january of this year. i never had hair that long but it still felt short as heck anyway lol. i have hair anerexia to the max. i think once i reach apl with kinky hair i wont feel the same way. :drunk:

Well I actually have been past SL (collarbone length for most of my teen years 13+) but this is the first time I've had thick and full shoulder length! I love not having see thru ends! Hopefully by March 09 I can say I never been this length:APL!

My hair has always grown "long", but I have never been waist length before. Since I am focusing on taking better care of my hair, I believe I can achieve my goal of WL and beyond:yep: :crossfingers: :pray:.

My hair never seemed to grow past shoulder length, but I might just be APL by Jan 2009! Woohoo...eventhough my ultimate goal is midback length, but heck even reaching APL is a huge milestone for me!

My hair always stopped at shoulder length....I've never been armpit lenght before. So I'm pretty proud of myself for making my short term goal.

I never got more than shoulder length, I was stuck at neck length for quite a few years, I felt like it was IMPOSSIBLE to make even APL let alone my goal of waist until I found LHCF. Now Im about an Inch away from APL! *Cheers for LHCF!*

I never got more than shoulder length, I was stuck at neck length for quite a few years, I felt like it was IMPOSSIBLE to make even APL let alone my goal of waist until I found LHCF. Now Im about an Inch away from APL! *Cheers for LHCF!*

You give me hope. I feel like I've been NL FOREVER:wallbash:

well this saved me from typing anything. lol

I have been longer than this before (past shoulder) but my hair's never been this healthy (soft) and I've never had full bangs like I do now, I hope to say i've never been this length before by Dec 0: APL

My hair has officially never been this length before. It is now BSL. I was never able to get much further than APL and I never thought that I could. I thought that was just the longest that my hair could ever get. I didn't know that blackwomen could "grow" their hair the same wat that everyone else does esp. Indian and asian women.
LHCF has helped me trmeendously by changing my way of thinking. Now I too am "growing my hair out" LOL!!!

The changes in my routine that have helped me are to employ protective styling hairdos, moisturizing my ends morn and night. Deep coniditioning=mositure and protein cond. when necessary (I never even heard of external protein for the hair) and always wearing a scarf when sleeping. No excuses!

I am trying to get to MBL and I now fully believe that that is a very tangible goal and I look forward to sharing that accomplishment with you ladies.

Back