LHCF tips and or advice that has actualy he;ped your hair

The use of dominican products and MTG. Everything else I kinda knew just to lazy to do, but I have never been able to make it past the top of my shoulders and now I am about a 1" below and I know it is because I have listened to you ladies and started taking more care of my hair.

6 simple things

- co-washing

-moisturizing

-protein/moisture balance

-only relaxing NG and stretching to at least 8 weeks

-wearing a scarf at night

-low manipulation

I just tried to do my first roller set tonight! And it actually came out straight!

It took me like 45 min. to 1 hour just to roller set my shoulder length hair, but I was determined to get it this time. I did the mowhawk technique and I rolled the sides sideways. I am not very coordinated when it comes to the hands, so I had strands that I did not get into the roller:ohwell: (but practice makes perfect so I'll just have to keep trying). When I was under the dryer I was confident that it would turn out bad but 1 hour later.....

my hair was actually curled! :yay:

When I combed it out it was very thick and soft and it looked so healthy.I could actually comb through it without any tangles. I wrapped it in my satin headwrap so I'll see what I end up with tomorrow. :cool:

But I just wanted to say thanks to all of you ladies for all of the rollerset tips and helping me with my journey to health hair. Sorry for hijacking the thread. :D

I can't wait until my hair is long enough to do roller sets. Hey I just figured out my goal length which is long enough to do rollersets that fall. I wonder if a rollerset would look nice with my length which is a little longer than mid neck in the back and layers at the top :perplexed . I will give it a try one day.

a member posted a while back about adding tblspns of oil to their relaxer creme. So I did it too and loved the results of my hair. I used ORS no-lye and I added 2 tblspns of olive oil and 1 tblspn of sweet almond oil to the creme.. and it produced a beautiful shine to my hair!!

I will always add oil to the creme from here on out!!;) :cool:

Weekly washes and deep conditioning after each wash.

Avoiding Mineral Oil and Petrolum

Sleeping in silk, Avoiding heat

LCHF Tips that helped me:
Cold rinses
Learning the difference between oiling my scalp and hair for sheen and moisturizing my hair
Co-Washes
Using Clarifyers and Protien treatments
Using NO heat
using EVOO and Honey (my hair loooves this combo)

I think my routine has pretty much stayed the same, but LHCF has encouraged me to keep my fingers out of my hair. I also use MTG now, but not consistently enough to determine how effective it is.

LHCF gave me encouragement to say goodbye to my bad hair cut, and start over! I had a decent hair regime all along but I added stretching my perms to 9-12 weeks and hair vitamins. My hair is healthy and stronger as a result. Thanks LHCF!!!!

The jury is still out on the length issue until August 07, but I'm on my way!

sweetcoco said:
I see that alot of ladies are say moisture and more moisture. What are some good moisturizers and I mean a moisturizer that really does what it says "moisturize". So far I have not found a good moisturizer. I use care free curl gold instant activator and I seal it with Africa's Best herbal oil. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;)

Africa's best organics liquid hair mayo sealed with any oil is my suggestion for a daily moisturizer

LHCF has taught me

1. Patience
2. stretch relaxers
3. minimize heat
4. shampoo /cond often
5. Rollersetting to style and/or dry hair rather than blowdry
6. Moisturize daily

Sweetalmondeyes said:
LHCF has taught me

1. Patience
2. stretch relaxers
3. minimize heat
4. shampoo /cond often
5. Rollersetting to style and/or dry hair rather than blowdry
6. Moisturize daily
me too!

7.Vitamins especially Viscial,biotin

I'd have to say:

Phytorelaxer II
stretching between relaxers (every 18 weeks)
neutralizing properly
moisturize daily
no direct heat - haven't applied heat this month
no brushing or backcombing
buns

Stretching relaxer
Moisture, Moisture, Moisture
Pre-pooing and/or deep conditioning regularly
Very little or no heat

LHCF tips that helped me the most:

-- Aphogee Treatment
-- No combing except when hair is wet
-- Clarifying regularly
-- Deep conditioning weekly
-- Hot oil treatments

I have acquired much success with these LHCF tips!!!!! The result, I haven't had to trim my hair since June 2006. Thanks LHCF!!!!!

1. Protective Styling:D - This is what helps me retain length the most!!!!
2. Texlaxing
3. Moisture/Protein and knowing when you need either
4. Washing at least 1x a week
5. Weekly Deep Conditioning
6. No unnecessary combing
7. NO BRUSHING!
8. Using Henna for strengthening
9. Pre-pooing with protein b4 washing, deep cond with moist cond.
10. Limiting usage of heat
11. Always use a heat protectant if you do use heat!

Airdrying in rollersets
Ponytail rollersetting method (Integrity)
Satin scarf rollersetting method (Sylver2)
Salon-type rollersetting method (Macherieamour)
Protein treatment pre-poos
How to use henna, indigo and amla to safely & naturally color my hair
Relaxer stretching
Pin curling to maintain rollersets
Porosity control
Giovanni direct
Protective styling with braidouts, buns & updos
Silk pillowcases, silk scarves & silk bonnets
Bone combs, Jilbrere combs

1) Keeping ends moisturized and wet
2) Baggying ends
3) Adding honey and EVOO to deep conditioners