AYURVEDA USERS - Peep this...Indian Women have a LHCF too!

ThatJerseyGirl

I was surfing the net *bored* and came across this website. As I was reading some of the threads, I'm sitting here thinking...hummm....those of us that are big on using the Ayurveda method....I think we know more than the Indian Women do in terms of hair care. Although they have long hair, they have the same problems as we do in terms of retaining length, etc. Go and take a look...

www.indusladies.com.

After having been to India I concluded that they have the most beautiful, wonderful shiny hair in the World! Every single day I saw what I thought was the prettiest hair I've ever seen. Yes, I was a hair freak even at 23! :lachen:

Even women that lived in shacks stepped out in the morning gleaming and clean, as if they just took a shower in a 5 star hotel :eek: Most women had Classic Length hair or at least Waist Length and they kept it oiled and in a long single braid that is often as thick as my wrist.

The only people that I saw with bad hair were starving children. They had dry, un-combed reddish hair from malnutrition :sad:

Thank you! Are you a member there?

:lachen:chile puleez...me, a member? in comparison to all of those WL and back of da knee length women? no :lachen:

I went to an Indian grocer in Hyattsville looking for some Brahmi and bhringraj powders....and the guy said to me "can I help you with something...I've never seen you in my store before" He looked rather suspicious when I told him the powders I was looking for. Then he said "tell me something...did a woman send for you over here [sic]" and I said no, I came on my own. I've been doing some research and this is what I came up with. I pulled out my list and showed it to him. He grabbed my hand, smiled with relief and said..."ooooh OK" He studied my list and said, you don't need those things. I have something that will work if you are having problems with hair fall and slow grow of hair. I showed him my hair and he was impressed. He said "nice and healthy...I have something for your hair and for your face. He was extremely nice afterwards. He left and came back with an oil called Neelibhringadi for my hair and a powder called Multani and a bottle of Dabur Red Rose Water. He said all you need is this oil. Massage at night and rinse in the morning. I asked him do I have to do this everyday, he said at first, yes. He said...this is what we use and it is the best. As for the powder for the face, he said mix as a paste with this Rose water and apply. This is what the women in India use which explain why their skin is so flawless. He said I guarantee results.

Then, he gave me his card and some other items for free just for coming in his store. I guess he was relieved that "the woman" didn't send me there :lachen:.

Meanwhile, he asked how old I was, how many kids, do I go out often, etc. I was like...lemme find out he tryna holla....and lemme find out i gotta India connection. He asked where I was from and I said Jersey, then he told me has businesses there, etc. I was like fa real? Gave me his card and said if there is anything else I need, call him.

And I had on my Cowboys jacket, blue jeans and a blue bandana on my head thinkin I'm lookin a mess, he's givin me beauty tips n tryna holla lolololol!!!

ok..i'm getting old:look:....the moral to that story was...i came home and did a search on the internet for that oil he recommended and came across that website....

This is one of the responses regarding the Neelibhringadi hair oil I mentioned earlier....I copied and pasted here:

Dear Pravalika,

If you are having hormonal problems or thyroid problems, you could experience hairfall. You can check with your doctor for these. As I had suggested Lakshmi Vinoth, I am giving you the same suggestion. You can use Neelibringhadi Hair Oil, if it is available in Singapore. It is a really good one to prevent hair fall. I am telling you from my personal experience. Also, have a well [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]balanced [COLOR=green! important]diet[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Regards
Jaya

ok..i'm getting old:look:....the moral to that story was...i came home and did a search on the internet for that oil he recommended and came across that website....

Did you find a site with that oil and the face powder? Im interested, i love ayerveda like mahabringraj oils and i need something for my skin cuz its toe up

I have lurked there before too. They do all lot of the same things that we do here...even the non Ayurveda ladies.

After having been to India I concluded that they have the most beautiful, wonderful shiny hair in the World! Every single day I saw what I thought was the prettiest hair I've ever seen. Yes, I was a hair freak even at 23! :lachen:

Even women that lived in shacks stepped out in the morning gleaming and clean, as if they just took a shower in a 5 star hotel :eek: Most women had Classic Length hair or at least Waist Length and they kept it oiled and in a long single braid that is often as thick as my wrist.

The only people that I saw with bad hair were starving children. They had dry, un-combed reddish hair from malnutrition :sad:

Haven't been to India but I have been to Qatar, and those ladies have some beautiful heads of hair. Iraqi women not as much at least the ones that I saw.

Henna mix: if you want reddish hair, use beetroot juice, black tea and 2 tbs of coffee powder in your henna mix. :yep:

Can't wait to try it!!

:lachen:chile puleez...me, a member? in comparison to all of those WL and back of da knee length women? no :lachen:

I went to an Indian grocer in Hyattsville looking for some Brahmi and bhringraj powders....and the guy said to me "can I help you with something...I've never seen you in my store before" He looked rather suspicious when I told him the powders I was looking for. Then he said "tell me something...did a woman send for you over here [sic]" and I said no, I came on my own. I've been doing some research and this is what I came up with. I pulled out my list and showed it to him. He grabbed my hand, smiled with relief and said..."ooooh OK" He studied my list and said, you don't need those things. I have something that will work if you are having problems with hair fall and slow grow of hair. I showed him my hair and he was impressed. He said "nice and healthy...I have something for your hair and for your face. He was extremely nice afterwards. He left and came back with an oil called Neelibhringadi for my hair and a powder called Multani and a bottle of Dabur Red Rose Water. He said all you need is this oil. Massage at night and rinse in the morning. I asked him do I have to do this everyday, he said at first, yes. He said...this is what we use and it is the best. As for the powder for the face, he said mix as a paste with this Rose water and apply. This is what the women in India use which explain why their skin is so flawless. He said I guarantee results.

Then, he gave me his card and some other items for free just for coming in his store. I guess he was relieved that "the woman" didn't send me there :lachen:.

Meanwhile, he asked how old I was, how many kids, do I go out often, etc. I was like...lemme find out he tryna holla....and lemme find out i gotta India connection. He asked where I was from and I said Jersey, then he told me has businesses there, etc. I was like fa real? Gave me his card and said if there is anything else I need, call him.

And I had on my Cowboys jacket, blue jeans and a blue bandana on my head thinkin I'm lookin a mess, he's givin me beauty tips n tryna holla lolololol!!!

OMG that's so funny! I usually get a weird look when I go to the Indian stores around here :ohwell: Then they are impressed that I know exactly what I need. When they see CASH all of a sudden I am their best friend.

Did you find a site with that oil and the face powder? Im interested, i love ayerveda like mahabringraj oils and i need something for my skin cuz its toe up

This is the site that I found that has EVERYTHING pertaining to their oils and their usage. I hope this helps. However, the mahabringraj and bringraj (<<<< the king of the hair growth oil) are the two to mix together and use it at night. Trust me on this one. Makes you very relaxed. Mix those together and use it very lightly. You should see some good growth. I went to Sallys and got the color applicator bottle with the tiny tip on top which is easiest to distribute and use. Those two together are potent. BELIEVE YOU ME. And, the other thing I noticed is that when I deep conditioned with my MT (I use it as a deep condition versus on my scalp daily) and massaged it in....I got a heated tingly sensation. And this is after I let the Shikaki Oil sit on my scalp and hair over night. Now, since I oiled and braided my hair with those two above-mentioned oils...it feels awesome!!! And my new growth ....well, it's thick and I can actually come through it with no hairs, considering I haven't had a touch-up since May of 2008.

Below is the link and should take you to ALL of the oils they have. If not, just do a search for Neelibhringadi hair oil and ALL of them should come up with a description.

But remember, CONSISTENCY is key. You can't use anything for 1 month and expect to see results. I've learned that you must be patient and consistent.

I hope this helps.

http://www.indiaabundance.com/search.asp

Back