AYURVEDA USERS - Peep this...Indian Women have a LHCF too!

:lachen:chile puleez...me, a member? in comparison to all of those WL and back of da knee length women? no :lachen:

I went to an Indian grocer in Hyattsville looking for some Brahmi and bhringraj powders....and the guy said to me "can I help you with something...I've never seen you in my store before" He looked rather suspicious when I told him the powders I was looking for. Then he said "tell me something...did a woman send for you over here [sic]" and I said no, I came on my own. I've been doing some research and this is what I came up with. I pulled out my list and showed it to him. He grabbed my hand, smiled with relief and said..."ooooh OK" He studied my list and said, you don't need those things. I have something that will work if you are having problems with hair fall and slow grow of hair. I showed him my hair and he was impressed. He said "nice and healthy...I have something for your hair and for your face. He was extremely nice afterwards. He left and came back with an oil called Neelibhringadi for my hair and a powder called Multani and a bottle of Dabur Red Rose Water. He said all you need is this oil. Massage at night and rinse in the morning. I asked him do I have to do this everyday, he said at first, yes. He said...this is what we use and it is the best. As for the powder for the face, he said mix as a paste with this Rose water and apply. This is what the women in India use which explain why their skin is so flawless. He said I guarantee results.

Then, he gave me his card and some other items for free just for coming in his store. I guess he was relieved that "the woman" didn't send me there :lachen:.

Meanwhile, he asked how old I was, how many kids, do I go out often, etc. I was like...lemme find out he tryna holla....and lemme find out i gotta India connection. He asked where I was from and I said Jersey, then he told me has businesses there, etc. I was like fa real? Gave me his card and said if there is anything else I need, call him.

And I had on my Cowboys jacket, blue jeans and a blue bandana on my head thinkin I'm lookin a mess, he's givin me beauty tips n tryna holla lolololol!!!

I live in Takoma Park/Silver Spring, the home of India. There are many Indian/Pakistani/Banglideshi markets in this area. I wonder if you're referring to India Bazaar in the Langley Park/Takoma Park Crossroads on University Boulevard. That's where my favorite Indian restaurant (Tiffin) is located. I also love going to the Bazaar because everyone is so friendly. I have the Multani powder and will try it tomorrow night. I never get any attitude with the Indians/Pakistanis in this area. They are very, very friendly, especially if you are buying a lot of stuff.

I live in Takoma Park/Silver Spring, the home of India. There are many Indian/Pakistani/Banglideshi markets in this area. I wonder if you're referring to India Bazaar in the Langley Park/Takoma Park Crossroads on University Boulevard. That's where my favorite Indian restaurant (Tiffin) is located. I also love going to the Bazaar because everyone is so friendly. I have the Multani powder and will try it tomorrow night. I never get any attitude with the Indians/Pakistanis in this area. They are very, very friendly, especially if you are buying a lot of stuff.

The guy gave me his card...let me go and look. I know it's right next to a RiteAid on University Blvd. *going to get wallet.....*

The one where the guy gave me the Red Rose Water to mix with the Multani powder is called Chadni Chowk on New Hampshire Avenue. Then there is another one called Halal Meat & Grocery and they are on University Blvd. There were a few more, but don't remember the name...but they are all in the same area. I started to go to Silver Spring but I didn't feel like dealing with the traffic.

Of all the stores, they were very nice. But this one particular guy...I guess the lady who he was referring too..maybe she sent someone there before and there was a problem. I don't know, but he was relieved once I told him I came on my own and had done my homework, etc. Oh, I forgot to mention that he also gave me a bag of Aritha(?). They look like some type of walnut. He said to put them in hot water and let it sit for hours....minimum of three. Then he said rinse your hair with it. He says it strengthens it, etc. He was very nice to me.

Can you tell me how you use it? Thanks!!!

Oh.. sorry I'm so late.LOL! I usually wash my face with my normal cleanser then exfoliate. After that I mix the multani powder with water to make a paste and use it as a face mask for twenty minutes or until it dries. Then I rinse it off and follow with toner and moisturizer. you can also do the same mixture and make it a bit more watery and use it as a daily face wash and add a small amount of salt for exfoliation. HTH :):lick::grin:

I love that site :grin: .... I'm always on there. I posed a link to it not too long ago.... In Irresistible's tea rinse read .

Sorry ladies for not posting exact address for those of you who live in the Wash DC area.

The first store I went into is called Patel Bros. They are right on University Blvd after the McDonalds and next to the Footlocker. I did not pick up a card from him.

As for the other ones, Chadni Chowk which to me is on University Blvd, even though the card reads 8044 New Hampshire Avenue, Langley Park, Maryland. They are right next door to Rite Aid.

The other one I went to was called Halal Meat & Grocery. 1335-A University Bld Takoma Park. All of them are down the street from each other, so I don't know why this guy has Takoma Park listed, but then again, I'm from Jersey so who knows lolol!

They are very nice, and if you want something in particular, they write it down and will order it for you. They are good about that. And if they don't have it, they will refer you to another indian store. That is what I did and this is how I wound up going to these different places...all in the same area.

If you go on a Saturday, they open at 11:00. I was pressed and got there at 9:30 am :ohwell:

I hope this helped! HHG!

I said i wasn't going to go ayurvedic but i did.:look: Still trying to get rid of this bald spot.

I got some Mahabringraj, Bringraj & Brahmi oil.

Now should i mix all 3 of the oils together and apply to scalp or just use rotate them?

What do they smell like? How long before yall are seeing results?

I said i wasn't going to go ayurvedic but i did.:look: Still trying to get rid of this bald spot.

Now should i mix all 3 of the oils together and apply to scalp or just use rotate them?

For oils purchased at the Indian store, I would rotate them because they have a set formula. When I make my own oils though I will combine bringraj and brahmi herbs and infuse them in oil.

So uh yea IMO you should rotate them.

As for scent lol well it depends which brand of oil you are using. I have a few different types of Mahabringraj and some smell stronger than others. They all have a strong herbal scent though (which I prefer). Which brand do you have?

I make my own
bringraj and brahmi oils now but I have used Ramtirth brahmi oil and the scent is not unpleasent. You can smell the coconut oil.

I would oil my scalp with the Mahabhringraj and Bhringraj, Bhringraj being the King of the growth oil, as per Ayurveda. I mixed mines in equal portions. Use it at night as the Mahabhringraj and the Bhringraj promote sleep and relaxation. I hope this helps.

It is also good to shampoo twice weekly to avoid buildup. I use a moisturizing shampoo. I, particularly, am in love with Kemi Moyst No Soap Shampoo. It is by the same makers of Kemi Oyl and is relatively inexpensive. It is extremely moisturizing as it detangles. I haven't had a relaxer since May 2008 and this works wonders. Below are the ingredients:

Deionized water, quilaia complex, moisture pro complex, seaweed complex, herbal based complex extract, natural oils, panthenol, slip complex, preservatives and fragrance.

Sorry ladies for not posting exact address for those of you who live in the Wash DC area.

The first store I went into is called Patel Bros. They are right on University Blvd after the McDonalds and next to the Footlocker. I did not pick up a card from him.

As for the other ones, Chadni Chowk which to me is on University Blvd, even though the card reads 8044 New Hampshire Avenue, Langley Park, Maryland. They are right next door to Rite Aid.

The other one I went to was called Halal Meat & Grocery. 1335-A University Bld Takoma Park. All of them are down the street from each other, so I don't know why this guy has Takoma Park listed, but then again, I'm from Jersey so who knows lolol!

They are very nice, and if you want something in particular, they write it down and will order it for you. They are good about that. And if they don't have it, they will refer you to another indian store. That is what I did and this is how I wound up going to these different places...all in the same area.

If you go on a Saturday, they open at 11:00. I was pressed and got there at 9:30 am :ohwell:

I hope this helped! HHG!

I get my supplies from all of these stores. Make sure you visit the Bazaar right beside Tiffin Restaurant on University Blvd at the Crossroads. Everyone is so very nice. :yep: And pick up a samosa while you're at it :lick:

Oh.. sorry I'm so late.LOL! I usually wash my face with my normal cleanser then exfoliate. After that I mix the multani powder with water to make a paste and use it as a face mask for twenty minutes or until it dries. Then I rinse it off and follow with toner and moisturizer. you can also do the same mixture and make it a bit more watery and use it as a daily face wash and add a small amount of salt for exfoliation. HTH :):lick::grin:

Thank you so very much for this!! :kiss::kiss:

I also use the Multani powder. I mix it with rose water and make a "mask" and let it dry and then rinse it off. It brings all of the nastiness to the surface (I'll spare you guys the details). I have been using this since early December and I can certainly tell a difference. I am one of those people who have tried everything under the sun including prescriptions and they didn't work. i love this stuff! I also have a a variety of oils that I mixed together and use on wash day as a pre-poo. I think I will start using the bhringraj on a daily basis though.

As for scent lol well it depends which brand of oil you are using. I have a few different types of Mahabringraj and some smell stronger than others. They all have a strong herbal scent though (which I prefer). Which brand do you have?

Brand-wise I got Baidyanath Mahabringraj oil, Nagarjuna Brahmi oil & Biotique Bringraj oil.

Ever heard of or used these brands? No indian markets around my way so i had to order them from India. LOL

http://indiaabundance.com/index.asp

I'm also going to do the Herbal Rinse with some tea/herb packets that i ordered in Rosemary & Nettle.

Brand-wise I got Baidyanath Mahabringraj oil, Nagarjuna Brahmi oil & Biotique Bringraj oil.

Ever heard of or used these brands? No indian markets around my way so i had to order them from India. LOL

I'm also going to do the Herbal Rinse with some tea/herb packets that i ordered in Rosemary & Nettle.

I have used this brand before, it had an herbal smell but it wasn't overpowering. I mixed it in my Bhrami oil.

I also use the Multani powder. I mix it with rose water and make a "mask" and let it dry and then rinse it off. It brings all of the nastiness to the surface (I'll spare you guys the details). I have been using this since early December and I can certainly tell a difference. I am one of those people who have tried everything under the sun including prescriptions and they didn't work. i love this stuff! I also have a a variety of oils that I mixed together and use on wash day as a pre-poo. I think I will start using the bhringraj on a daily basis though.

Does that mean u break out more b4 u start to see an improvement...like retin-A???

I hope this helped! HHG!

There's a Sally's right after the Indian bazaar:grin:. I usually go in to look at their Saris. Next time I visit DC, I might pop in just to see what they have. Oh yes they don't open on Mondays.

One of my Indian coworkers got me some amla oil when she visited in December. I mixed it with my jojoba and castor oils and use it as my braid spray.

Thank you ladies for posting. My skin is nearing clarity again. Thank you Jesus! Now, I need to incorporate a mask to my regimen. I want to try this. How often do you do this mask? Any negative side effects?

After having been to India I concluded that they have the most beautiful, wonderful shiny hair in the World! Every single day I saw what I thought was the prettiest hair I've ever seen. Yes, I was a hair freak even at 23! :lachen:

Even women that lived in shacks stepped out in the morning gleaming and clean, as if they just took a shower in a 5 star hotel :eek: Most women had Classic Length hair or at least Waist Length and they kept it oiled and in a long single braid that is often as thick as my wrist.

The only people that I saw with bad hair were starving children. They had dry, un-combed reddish hair from malnutrition :sad:

Your so right, I THINK THAT THE LACK OF CHOICE MEANS THAT MANY TRADITIONAL METHODS LIKE AYURVEDA ARE ALL THEY USE sorry about the caps, I AM TOO LAZY TO DELETE AND START again oops.

Back