Automatically assume he is a player because of his job?

HairQueen

Hi all

I am still on my quest for a suitable partner :ohwell:

I met somebody on Saturday night who told me he is a Barber. He had a stack of business cards on him and gave me one which of course had his telephone number on it.

I was actually at the party with another guy and he asked me if the guy I was with was my boyfriend. I told him no (because it wasn't it was our first night out together) and he was quite polite and said to me he would go away and stop talking to me if I would prefer as I was with the other guy.

Anyway when I told my friend (who is male) that I have met a guy who is a Barber the first thing he said was - oh well he is probably a play around guy with lots of women.

It did cross my mind but then I thought is really sensible to judge a guy by his job?

Just because a man is a Barber or a DJ in a nightclub doesn't mean he will automatically be unfaithful!! I know guys who work in offices and wear suits and they are still cheating on their women but because they don't look like 'the cheating kind' you would never know.

What are your opinions on this ????

Last edited:
Where is the correlation between being a being and being unfaithful? I have never heard that before... I think your friend was just talking for the sake of talking when he said that.

I firmly believe that whether a man cheats or not depends 100% on the man.

Not on his job.
Not on the amount of cooch being slung his way.
Not on his wife.
Not on his father.

It's all on him. To claim anything else is an exercise in dodging personal responsibility.

Last edited:
Hmmm, he's a barber so doesn't that mean he's around men all day :rolleyes:

Regardless, I don't think his job title has anything to do with how he behaves and whether or not he's the faithful type. I'd say go out with him and get a better feel for who he his as a person. It won't take you long to figure out if he's the player type!

I've heard the same warnings about barbers, and police officers. The couple of barbers that I know up close and personal live up to the player image - very undercover - but hardcore.

To ManeEvent - Barbers spend a lot of time around women because a lot of single women bring their sons into the shop and they attend a lot of hair events if they're staying current with the industry.

Gotcha!!!!!

I've heard the same warnings about barbers, and police officers. The couple of barbers that I know up close and personal live up to the player image - very undercover - but hardcore.

To ManeEvent - Barbers spend a lot of time around women because a lot of single women bring their sons into the shop and they attend a lot of hair events if they're staying current with the industry.

Police Officers?

Hmmn..I wonder why he said that then. I guess some people always got something negative to say.:perplexed

He works as a receptionist at a gym and he meets a lot of women too (he is not a player though from what I know) so I should have said to him that women could assume that about him too!!!

The ultimate profession for keeping 'strange' hours and getting home 'late'. :look:

Oh I see, I never thought of it like that.

In that case the list could go on and be extended to anybody who works shifts, late nights or travels a lot for their job!

Police Officers?

Most definitely. They (some of them, I don't want to generalize) keep a side piece on their daily beat, take advantage of drunk, drugged or scared women for sexual favors. It happens more than you would like to think. My mother worked in a jail for 10 years and saw it all.:sad:

I don't think you should assume anything about this man based on his job. Make observations on his character after spending time with him, not assumptions.

That's the trouble with generalizations. It places a person in a box due to ONE aspect of their life.

Don't risk (possibly) missing out on a great man because other people made a bad name for the profession. Open the book and see what it's about.

I say talk to him. A close friend of mine worked in a barbershop. He was the sweetest guy in the world. HE was not a player. Some of the other guys were, but most arent. The best man at our wedding is a barber as well. He's a sweetie and not a cheater.

I know of a former police officer that had some stories to tell me. I say get to know him first and then judge. You've got to read betwixt the lines.

I firmly believe that whether a man cheats or not depends 100% on the man.

Not on his job.
Not on the amount of cooch being slung his way.
Not on his wife.
Not on his father.

It's all on him. To claim anything else is an exercise is dodging personal responsibility.

You're so right.:yep:

Back